• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

Apart from Dori and the belly dancer in the back I'm not seeing an obvious style for these Sumeru characters. I was hoping for a more recognizable theme. Many of these guys could be from any nation.

The guy on the middle is the only one with Sumeru vest, kinda black and dark green.

The guy on the middle is the only one with Sumeru vest, kinda black and dark green.
If you had told me he was from Fontaine I would have believed you. How is that vest Middle-East/India/Egypt? I ain't seeing it. Even the cat girl just looks like the type of character you'd find on the cover of some LN cover.

Fake

If you had told me he was from Fontaine I would have believed you. How is that vest Middle-East/India/Egypt? I ain't seeing it. Even the cat girl just looks like the type of character you'd find on the cover of some LN cover.

Is kinda confusing indeed. IDK what Sumeru was about, was speculating South America, IDK. There are already NPCs on the game with Sumeru color vest.

Lets be honest, they gonna do a lazy job with the vest/culture clothes in this one.

crumbs

Tried Genshin on GeForce Now since it finally released from beta last week. I was playing on an older ThinkPad Carbon X1 via WIFI. Some observations:

- I don't have a GeForce Now subscription, so I was playing on the free tier, which included a 2-3 minute wait for a game.
- Loading times on the map were decent, pretty close to my NVMe SSD.
- I was using an Xbox One controller with the wireless dongle. Controller was recognized without issue.
- Input lag was apparent, but it's wasn't so bad as to make it unplayable.
- Actual performance was not great. I was at home in my office playing about 6ft from my WIFI AP and still didn't get consistent performance. I would get stutters every 5 seconds or so, although it did become smoother after a period of time. Not sure if that was an issue on their end or mine, I would need to do more investigating.
- Experienced one audio related bug during streaming.

Overall, I don't envision ever paying for this type of service. I may use this in the future when traveling instead of messing around with the Android version, completing dailies is doable even with the sketchy performance. I'll try it out again soon and make sure I'm controlling for any variables.

Pejo

Apart from Dori and the belly dancer in the back I'm not seeing an obvious style for these Sumeru characters. I was hoping for a more recognizable theme. Many of these guys could be from any nation.
So apparently we're getting 2 sides to Sumeru. The forest part and then a separate desert/arabian/egyptian jumble of myths and cultures. The expectation is that we'll see the more tan characters in the desert area, and the more pale characters in the tree region. Since the tree region released first, and seems to be focused around academia, the designs make a bit more sense. I think after we get the full picture and more characters from each area, it'll probably be more cohesive thematically.

It's 100 AR EXP and 2375 mora for completing the Violet Court, Forsaken Rift, and Taishan Mansion domains.

So going by your numbers of 6750 mora using condensed resin (or 3375 for 20 resin normally), you would normally get 4750 mora using condensed resin. The 200 AR EXP was converted to 2000 mora (or 10 AR EXP into 1000 mora without using condensed resin).

So it's a 10:1 ratio on the conversion, which is a lot more palatable than a very stingy 1:1.
Thanks for doing the math there. That's actually better than I expected from them. Not a huge lump sum, but it will add up over time just from playing.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
7GZC91O.jpg

Just saw this while looking around genshin impact leaks. That girl in the red and black is an instant buy for me.
I guess sumeru doesn't get much sun and its desert is really just a dirtpit.

Fuz

Banned
Bigger image:
jmq87pwf7t891.jpg

hily64oqvu891.png

ltby57m1zs891.jpg

So... that's not Kusanali?
I like Su but hate his flowery haircut.
Mihoyo always puts one detail to ruin characters for me.

Anyway, they're chinese. I'd be surprised if they'd do a proper black character.

Last edited:

Fake

ltby57m1zs891.jpg

So... that's not Kusanali?
I like Su but hate his flowery haircut.
Mihoyo always puts one detail to ruin characters for me.

Anyway, they're chinese. I'd be surprised if they'd do a proper black character.

Looking at the tree behind him, is different looking, no? Maybe for a change.

Pejo

Wow. Original.
I assume it's under different circumstances than Shogun/Ei, but yea. They could probably have done another big "surprise!" with this archon. I hope we get at least 1 more archon that's just straightforward. Hopefully Murata, the Pyro archon.

artworks-000658044277-0ayecq-t500x500.jpg

If the "slime theory" is correct though, that means that there's a good chance that she dies.

Pejo

Wrong.

Also wrong.

Feels like a bit of a stretch here.
Yea this one is an old one that doesn't have a few good points that others made, but it's a solid theory nonetheless regardless of this particular post

If you search Genshin Slime theory there are a lot out there.

*edit*

It would be a cool plot twist if

The real Dendro archon is an adult model, and creates these little lemon-lime Klees as needed to govern the people/do her work for her/distract the people. Like how Dendro slimes hide, then spawn the little "fake" ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

If you just can't wait to see the promotional video for 2.8 on the "special program" in a few days, here it is.

MYH can't keep anything under wraps it seems.

*edit*

Here we go, finally a gentleman's club in Teyvat.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

I had 0 interest on him.

But all the sudden he looks very interesting.

EDIT: damn Pejo Pejo , these leaks are killing me. Colei looks awesome as well. No way that little genie girl will be 4 stars. She has an entire set of different attack animations.

Last edited:

Pejo

Based on that, I think I'll skip/accidentally pity Tiggy, go for Collei and eletctroli.

Also a few more things:

So she hasn't been leaked yet, excellent, can't wait to see this one.
oe6fp72q5z891.jpg

Yoimiya RIP.
gij1270q5z891.jpg

One of the most lopsided and thus worst weapon banners yet. If you lose pity twice, that is major PAIN.
qvm6dlwp5z891.jpg

Also, the best news yet. It looks like every element gets a Dendro reaction after all.
cxkcp7fomt891.jpg

The subreddit I got those other posts from have the idle animations for those 3 characters. None of them were interesting enough for me to post them here individually, but go look if you're interested.

Man, why did they make Dori a 4 star though? Why put that much creativity and effort in a 4 star that will probably suck? Those NA animations are a waste on a character that does 1 dmg.

deanote666

Hmm... That girl in the purple garb with the twintails doesn't seem to be in here, unless it's that horned girl in the back with the red hair? If so, the leakers description sucked ass.

Red and black girl is :messenger_fire: for sure, love the design.

I like them all to some degree. Even Tiggy grew on me a little. Lil' Archon is probably the weakest link there as far as having something new. It's like lemon-lime Klee.

Collei still remains my favorite out of the group, though that's probably because she actually has a developed backstory.

God damn MHY is going to be out for blood with this leak. That's like 3 months of characters lol.

So I ran a talent domain at level 88 (or 90, whatever the highest was) and used a condensed resin. At the end I got 6750 Mora.

If you run a talent domain, let me know how much Mora/Adventurer Rank Xp you get. I never paid attention to it. I'm suspecting you get 5000 for the domain , but that means it'd have to be 875 adventurer rank xp per 20 resin if it's 1:1. That doesn't seem like a very round number.
Thought some were saying it's 10 mora per 1 rank xp. Should be a tutorial that popped up for it when you hit AR60.

Less than 40k xp away from AR60 myself.

YukiOnna

Yeah as I thought I'm not feeling it. It's not an aesthetic I'm a fan of and hopefully it doesn't feel too much like Mondstadt outskirts.

Dregnel

But all the sudden he looks very interesting.

EDIT: damn Pejo Pejo , these leaks are killing me. Colei looks awesome as well. No way that little genie girl will be 4 stars. She has an entire set of different attack animations.
i don't like his burst, it seems like he will have the same auto aim problem that venti has when he uses his ult.
Collei is free.
i would save for nilou at this point.

Pejo

DTNVKAWBWSF5100 Primogems, 10 Mystic Enhancement Ores
WANVJAFAXTER100 Primogems, 5 Hero's Wits
HA6C2AFBXSZV100 Primogems, 50000 Mora
Damn, already formatted and linked and everything. That's the new golden standard for sharing codes.
i don't like his burst, it seems like he will have the same auto aim problem that venti has when he uses his ult.
Collei is free.
Free Collei you say?

Going to watch the special program now, i just woke up.

Fuz

Banned
Collei is free.
Found it.

oxn6cejcb6991.jpg

Edit:

Collei free is great, much better than what we used to think months ago (Yao Yao - wonder what happened to her).
Her kit looks like she does a decent application of dendro.
No need to pull for anything for a very long time.

Last edited:

Pejo

Found it.

oxn6cejcb6991.jpg

Collei free is great, much better than what we used to think months ago (Yao Yao - wonder what happened to her).
Her kit looks like she does a decent application of dendro.
No need to pull for anything for a very long time.
Yea if this ends up being true, I'll be happy, but they better fucking not put Collei only on the standard banner for constellations again. I just got Amber C6 like 2 months ago and that was with some good luck.

So I watched the special program.

+Islands were a good time last year, no reason to think it won't be fun again.
+I actually really like gear puzzles, so I'm excited about that. I hope it's not just 1 puzzle every 24-48 hours, but I know it's going to be.
+Co-op returns, and the modes actually look kinda fun.
+Sumeru preview at the end was nice. I want to see the desert portion sometime soon though.
+Oz VA was the first VA to do this special program right. Mostly stay quiet and then at the end give feedback unrelated to the program itself. "Burp, I'm hungry".

-Fischl skin sucks, but we already knew that.
-Banner order sucks. Why does Klee even have a banner this time? She doesn't seem to even be featured in the patch at all.
-"Summer" event has nothing to do with summer as a way for them to avoid swimsuit drama again.
-You can just tell that Hanzou's hangout quest is going to be the new awful type of being focused on other no-name NPCs in the world, and filled with "words words words words, talk to 100x NPCs, words words words" like Yelan and Ayato's story quests. I miss going out and mining ore with Noelle or learning actual interesting backstory like Beidou's.

Hype for this patch is about 7/10 overall. Nice filler before Sumeru, and at least it has more actual content than 2.7 had.

Fuz

Banned
Yea if this ends up being true, I'll be happy, but they better fucking not put Collei only on the standard banner for constellations again. I just got Amber C6 like 2 months ago and that was with some good luck.

So I watched the special program.

+Islands were a good time last year, no reason to think it won't be fun again.
+I actually really like gear puzzles, so I'm excited about that. I hope it's not just 1 puzzle every 24-48 hours, but I know it's going to be.
+Co-op returns, and the modes actually look kinda fun.
+Sumeru preview at the end was nice. I want to see the desert portion sometime soon though.
+Oz VA was the first VA to do this special program right. Mostly stay quiet and then at the end give feedback unrelated to the program itself. "Burp, I'm hungry".

-Fischl skin sucks, but we already knew that.
-Banner order sucks. Why does Klee even have a banner this time? She doesn't seem to even be featured in the patch at all.
-"Summer" event has nothing to do with summer as a way for them to avoid swimsuit drama again.
-You can just tell that Hanzou's hangout quest is going to be the new awful type of being focused on other no-name NPCs in the world, and filled with "words words words words, talk to 100x NPCs, words words words" like Yelan and Ayato's story quests. I miss going out and mining ore with Noelle or learning actual interesting backstory like Beidou's.

Hype for this patch is about 7/10 overall. Nice filler before Sumeru, and at least it has more actual content than 2.7 had.
I really, really liked the islands last time. They were such a good Wind Waker moment. Shame they didn't gave more focus on the boat, expanding its capabilities, maybe giving it some customization (and making those boat summon points also fucking teleports).

Btw, it's Heizou, not https://i.pinimg.com/originals/77/0c/b0/770cb0ef25a4f093183d9861d045d715.jpg

Top Bottom