• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

The buffs are the same 3 choices every time right? I mean they get replaced every abyss cycle, but like Floor 11-1 will always have the same 3 choices per cycle.

Saber

Gold Member
Never ever.

FHFAeFG.png

That reminds me, I have nothing against Kaeya, just never needed him for anything.

How dare you.

Anyway...started to giving up on Hu Tao. Maybe shes not for me.

Pejo

How dare you.

Anyway...started to giving up on Hu Tao. Maybe shes not for me.
If I had to be 100% honest, I would say that Yoimiya is my favorite of all the Pyro dps characters, by a large margin. Her only real weakness is AoE and bow auto attack targeting bullshit. You can cover the AoE weakness by mixing her with Beidou, Fischl, or Shogun for Overloads. She works really well with Yelan actually, but I really wanted to bring my Hu Tao off the bench and give a real shot at using her. Yoimiya vs. Hu Tao is smaller crits, but much faster attacks, the relatively safety of being ranged, and not having to deal with HP level fuckery. Not to mention Hu Tao's charge attacks suck to use near uneven ground or near water since she flies in all sorts of random ass directions.

Just my 2c after playing around with both very recently. I can use Yoimiya just about anywhere easily, and she's probably an even stronger boss killer for longer fights with invulnerability phases like Shogun/Azdaha than my C6 Eula. Still, when Hu Tao is in her zone and has all of her buffs, she does absolutely crazy damage.

Fuz

Banned
Is Xinghei a "Gorou"?

I mean, is he a character that you can NOT build and still works perfectly because you need him for one thing only which is not his damage, or does he need to be properly built?

Fake

Is Xinghei a "Gorou"?

I mean, is he a character that you can NOT build and still works perfectly because you need him for one thing only which is not his damage, or does he need to be properly built?

Xingu don't need a proper build 'if' you want him support.

Full support or offensive you should seek a proper build.

The already F2P weapons works well on him. Of course, the best weapon for Xingu is sacrifice sword and behind is the dragonspine sword that Albedo gave to you with have ER.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Classify this as a long shot, but this is supposedly early concept art for some new Sumeru characters:
QUTBHIM.jpg
PBB0LVc.jpg

One on the left might be the "elf eared bow character" that was rumored a while ago. Fucking LOVE that design.

Dendro Bennett is meh.

Also a few more bits:
0qtsd6lp6e491.jpg

*edit*

Also, applications for 3.0 beta just went out. So 2.8 will be the last pre-Sumeru patch. Helllll yeaaaa. Kazuha always ends out the version I guess.

Last edited:

SSfox

This Kazuha new weapon looks good not gonna lie, i already have Iron Sting ready for him, i think i'll try both weapons on him and see the damage difference, if it's not that huge i may give him that new one, and give Iron to another character.

Pejo

They don't really look like Genshin characters.
She has no ass cover, for starters, and the style kinda feels different.
There is that scarf thing that clearly has at least 3 strips, one of which would conveniently fall over the ass crack. That's probably enough considering that they're really shorts/short pants with stylized uneven legs. Also this would be Sumeru, which we have no basis for comparison yet design wise, outside of Cyno:
Genshin-Impact-cyno.jpg

I'd say it reasonably matches the same aesthetic.
Do we have any early concept art for old characters?
Sadly no. All we usually get for characters are leaked renders or assets. Never got any actual concept art as far as I know. This also could be a leaker's rendition of a character that they saw in the past, drawn to memory or fake as fuck. The pictures came from a random twitter account that replied to a trusted leaker's post and then deleted their twitter a few days later.

Pejo

2.8 event quest item. Lots of speculation about who this could be:

0d4t9a1uve491.jpg

People are saying it could be Fischl's family, since the event is themed for her. Or that it could be Signora before the death of her husband/lover. Or that it's young Lisa. What do you guys think?

Fake

Not focus on ATK%. No need for a 5* or a 4* weapon. Using Xingu just for burst and change. I remember people using this strategy with Barbara (Barbara C6, 4-set Instructor, Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers Catalyst). Use her just for heal and change, using that 3* Catalyst that increase ATK% of your team.

In Xingu case, you can use a 3* swords as well, Skyrider Sword is one of them. Use 4* artifact, for example, Instructor. Just trade for him, quick Burst and back to your main DPS.

I use Xingu for hibrid support, so I can use him based on my build for just use Burst and change to my main DPS or I can simple put him to cause damage with Elemental Skill+Elemental Burst because he is a C5.

2.8 event quest item. Lots of speculation about who this could be:

0d4t9a1uve491.jpg

People are saying it could be Fischl's family, since the event is themed for her. Or that it could be Signora before the death of her husband/lover. Or that it's young Lisa. What do you guys think?

Don't look like Lisa at all. Signora? Kinda of, but again IDK if Signora have another friendship besides her love one. If I would guess, Fischl could actually fit because we don't know a damn thing about Fischl. She is a princess, right? From a high family? From another world? IDK.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Not focus on ATK%. No need for a 5* or a 4* weapon. Using Xingu just for burst and change. I remember people using this strategy with Barbara (Barbara C6, 4-set Instructor, Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers Catalyst). Use her just for heal and change, using that 3* Catalyst that increase ATK% of your team.

In Xingu case, you can use a 3* swords as well, Skyrider Sword is one of them. Use 4* artifact, for example, Instructor. Just trade for him, quick Burst and back to your main DPS.

I use Xingu for hibrid support, so I can use him based on my build for just use Burst and change to my main DPS or I can simple put him to cause damage with Elemental Skill+Elemental Burst because he is a C5.
I'd use theyresm only as an hydro applier for Diluc. Burst, switch out. Lvl 50, I gave zord a R4 lvl 20 Sacrificial Sword and some dirty rags.
If I would build xhzir properly, would Diluc's vape damage go up?

Fuz

Banned
Don't look like Lisa at all. Signora? Kinda of, but again IDK if Signora have another friendship besides her love one. If I would guess, Fischl could actually fit because we don't know a damn thing about Fischl. She is a princess, right? From a high family? From another world? IDK.

Maybe related?
The cracks make me think - hope - they're gonna address her mental illness and her detachment from reality.

Last edited:

Fake

I'd use theyresm only as an hydro applier for Diluc. Burst, switch out. Lvl 50, I gave zord a R4 lvl 20 Sacrificial Sword and some dirty rags.

Yes.

Maybe related?
The cracks make me think - hope - they're gonna address her mental illness and her detachment from reality.

Yes². That was GI is lacking. A proper castle exploration, although they're reusing Mondstad objects/textures, but still nice anw. Pretty decent leak.

• Empathy

Fuz

Banned
A proper castle exploration
Not a "proper" castle exploration, it's, I suppose, a construct of their psyches (there are similar domains for Kazuha, Xinyan and Mona).

But yeah, I've been saying for 1+ year at this point, this game lacks proper dungeons.
Although, having to do a whole proper dungeons to farm for artifacts would be a nightmare.

Pejo

Xingqiu just provides the "wet" status to enemies regarding vape. The damage that his skills do don't affect the vape caused by Diluc. You do get damage reduction, interruption resist, some heals, and obviously more damage per water sword by leveling it up though. The only character that increases the vape damage with their skills is Mona's Burst.

Maybe related?

Why do her running audio effects sound like she's got 10 bags of cheetos in her shoes.

Last edited:

crumbs

- Sacrificial sword is perfect since Xingqiu has a crazy long CD on his elemental skill. Plus he benefits from ER.

- I think Xingqiu gets a 20% hydro damage bonus passive from his 4th ascension, so it would make sense to get him to an ascended Lvl 60.

- Xingqiu, I would go for a 4piece EoSF with ER - Sands, Hydro Dmg - Goblet, Crit Rate or Damage on the head piece depending on how you did with other substats.

- Diluc and vaporize, just make sure Diluc has decent EM stats since he would be initiating the vapes on the wet enemies.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Pejo

Fake Fake or Saber Saber , not sure which of you guys mained Lisa, but there's hope for you. I said damn watching this.

*edit*

Damn I'm not sure what I'm seeing here exactly but that's some damage. Yelan seems to be doing well for herself in the meta.

Last edited:

Fake

I'm main Lisa. I use her with basic attacks. Xingu works really well with her.

Damn I'm not sure what I'm seeing here exactly but that's some damage. Yelan seems to be doing well for herself in the meta.

Well, a mix of Crit, CTRDMG, hydro bonus, HP% bonus and others char to give her boost.

I change one of my artifacts to main HP% and her elemental skill/elemental burst got a huge boost of damage.

Last edited:

crumbs

According to the Reddit OP, all those 5 stars are C6...

awesome netflix GIF by Our Planet

Still pretty crazy how fast the Shogun went down.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Classify this as a long shot, but this is supposedly early concept art for some new Sumeru characters:
QUTBHIM.jpg

This would be really sick if true. Totally dig the design. But what about pre-existant Dendro characters? Anything new on them?

Btw, my brother is the one with Lisa. My electro characters are Fishlz, Keqing, Beidou and Electro Traveler.

Last edited:

Fake

IMO was a miss oportunitty not making Yelan kinda a model role in Lyue.

Why everyone need to be important?

Last edited:

Pejo

IMO was a miss oportunitty not making Yelan kinda a model role in Lyue.

Why everyone need to be important?
Yea this has been my complaint for a bit too, but I guess people with ambition tend to be more important/hard working, so just by nature of them being worthy of Visions, they're going to not be just "average joes". There are a few exceptions to the rule though, like Sayu who really only wants to get taller to follow in her master's footsteps, and Lisa who seems to be actively being lazy as to extend her life.

Fake

Yea this has been my complaint for a bit too, but I guess people with ambition tend to be more important/hard working, so just by nature of them being worthy of Visions, they're going to not be just "average joes". There are a few exceptions to the rule though, like Sayu who really only wants to get taller to follow in her master's footsteps, and Lisa who seems to be actively being lazy as to extend her life.

I mean, nothing wrong being a model. Yelan reminds me that gym leader from Black/White with is a model, but still battle.

Black_2_White_2_Elesa.png

Last edited:

Pejo

I wonder how people find stuff like this.

*edit*

A few new CN leaks, not going to post the images because it's just untranslated text. It's a guy that leaked Shenhe and Yelan in the past supposdely, even though Shenhe at least was an unfinished beta character. But anyways:

1. Nilou, hydro, with red hair, horns on the head

2. Pyro girl, name unknown, rarity unknown

3. The next actor (?) will be a Su from collapsed 3 (Honkai)

Uncle also said that it could mean the start of male company of 3 . I don't know if this means that they will follow each other in a row or three major versions are male (?). There are men that I don't know

*edit2*

Lisa official birthday art:
FUx4AR5WYAE_AzS.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Lots of smoke about these 2 today, apparently something leaked and is being passed around if we're getting so many sources of the same thing.
qoe8g1czdn491.jpg

Succubus and catgirl hmm?
Happy Rubbing Hands Together GIF by Tim and Eric

A dancer sounds neat, but then she's apparently a hydro healer which is about the most boring choice. I guess wel already have an offensive dancer in Eula though. Pyro lady is too vague to get excited about at this point.

And again, the new hotness on the block is going to be dendro for the foreseeable future. This other stuff is cool and all, but we've been getting characters of the other elements for almost two years. They're gonna be covered on most peoples' accounts. Get back to me when they finally release another anemo waifu.

Saber

Gold Member
Succubus? You mean, the one ultra sexy demon like woman who seduces man with her sexy appeal?

Sorry, but not on this censored GI.

But a dancer sounds like a cool concept. I could see something closer to a cigan or that female concepts you guys showed a few pages ago.

Last edited:

Pejo

A dancer sounds neat, but then she's apparently a hydro healer which is about the most boring choice. I guess wel already have an offensive dancer in Eula though. Pyro lady is too vague to get excited about at this point.

And again, the new hotness on the block is going to be dendro for the foreseeable future. This other stuff is cool and all, but we've been getting characters of the other elements for almost two years. They're gonna be covered on most peoples' accounts. Get back to me when they finally release another anemo waifu.
I think Heizou shows that there's plenty of room to make exciting characters out of existing element and weapon combos, but I do agree that Dendro is the next big thing. We need more outside the box ideas for characters other than the usual though. I haven't had so much fun with the game in a while as I've been having with Yelan, just running around and anime-ing the fuck of of groups of hilichurls. Functionally in the meta she's just another Xingqiu, but she's a lot more than that when you're actually playing her.

Fuz

Banned
Man, I don't know if I should keep pulling for Yelan since I have the guaranteed 50/50 now, I kinda want Cookie Shinobu, I definitely want Heizou but FUCK I don't want a useless copy of Itto and don't want a useless Klee.

Do we know for sure that Heizou will only be in Klee's banner? No "parallel" banner for him?

dailystruggg.jpg

Last edited:

Dregnel

Man, I don't know if I should keep pulling for Yelan since I have the guaranteed 50/50 now, I kinda want Cookie Shinobu, I definetely want Heizou but FUCK I don't want a useless copy of Itto and don't want a useless Klee.

Do we know for sure that Heizou will only be in Klee's banner? No "parallel" banner for him?

dailystruggg.jpg
Just wait some weeks for sumeru leaks.

• Triggered
I think Heizou shows that there's plenty of room to make exciting characters out of existing element and weapon combos, but I do agree that Dendro is the next big thing. We need more outside the box ideas for characters other than the usual though. I haven't had so much fun with the game in a while as I've been having with Yelan, just running around and anime-ing the fuck of of groups of hilichurls. Functionally in the meta she's just another Xingqiu, but she's a lot more than that when you're actually playing her.
You're right, even boring sounding characters can be elevated by their kit. It's just that that hasn't happened much in the past. For every cool character there's two boring ones. I'm still in the mode where I feel like I need certain elements for my account and the rest just feel like luxuries. Makes them feel less exciting to me. That's inevitable though.

Man, I don't know if I should keep pulling for Yelan since I have the guaranteed 50/50 now, I kinda want Cookie Shinobu, I definitely want Heizou but FUCK I don't want a useless copy of Itto and don't want a useless Klee.

dailystruggg.jpg
Those rumors are based on the leaked Abyss cycles. Since all of the featured characters for the patch are either Pyro or Anemo, I guess there could be some shifting around that could happen. But... search your feelings. MHY needs to give people a reason to pull for Klee and Heizou fits the bill. The leaks are going to end up true.

• Triggered

Fake

dailystruggg.jpg

Can't say for sure. Leakers are getting a hard time to know those information.

Unless Heizo got promoted to 5*, will be either on Kazuha or Klee banner.

Top Bottom