• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

My pyro team both Amber and Klee use 4-set witch of flame. Dilluc use 4-set pale flame.
Quite decent I must say. Dilluc is using the Skyward Claymore. Wish I had the Wolf Claymore, but Skyward works well on him.
As soon as I use burst, Dilluc basic attacks get pyro and make wind blades. Super cool.

As for Klee, I use sacrifice book for max the Witch buff, while Amber I use that bow from Inazuma. Both are max up their effects.

Saber

Gold Member
What are you guys using for your Pyro damage teams? I've tried a bunch of different team layouts and the only one I don't hate is Yoimiya/Yelan/Kaz/Yunjin. I cannot for the life of me get into using Hu Tao. I like her character, I like her design, but god damn that HP management without healing goes against everything I've ever stood for in games. Something with Diluc always causes him to lose a ton of HP too. I realize that some DoT from grass is inevitable, but even simple encounters are leaving me with like 40% HP by the end.

Its one of reasons mine is still stucked on 80.
Her Elemental skill its not fun at all. The game makes us get used to using characters elemental skill for basically everything, but with Hu Tao is basically a holding button for very special cases.

Fuz

Banned
c76iz999bv391.jpg

Last edited:

crumbs

What are you guys using for your Pyro damage teams? I've tried a bunch of different team layouts and the only one I don't hate is Yoimiya/Yelan/Kaz/Yunjin. I cannot for the life of me get into using Hu Tao. I like her character, I like her design, but god damn that HP management without healing goes against everything I've ever stood for in games. Something with Diluc always causes him to lose a ton of HP too. I realize that some DoT from grass is inevitable, but even simple encounters are leaving me with like 40% HP by the end.

I use Diluc with some combination of Xingqui, Chongyun, and Fischl. I pair Klee with Kazuha, Xingqiu or Mona (I guess you could also put Yelan in for those hydro characters). I've recently leveled up Xiangling and she works with a bunch of characters, almost too many to list.

So... which artifacts and stats on Yelan, ideally?

Sands - HP% or ER, depending on your what you get from other artifacts and your weapon and her constellation level.
Goblet - Hydro Damage
Headpiece - Crit Rate or Damage, depending on stats from other artifacts and your weapon.

I'm trying to complete a 4 piece Emblem of Severed Fate (need a better headpiece), but others have tried a some combo of 2 piece Tenacity of the Millelith (HP%), Heart of Depth (Hydro DMG), EoSF (ER), or Noblesse (Burst).

You want to find a balance between adding HP and ER since her burst, skill, and barbed shot scale on her HP, not ATK. She will do the most damage with her burst, so ER will be important. I have her ER at just over 200%, which has allowed me to keep her burst up and free to pair her with a variety of teams.

BJK

xinyan 🤷‍♂️
Tried xiangling and yanfei, but I'm so used to shields stopping DoT and interrupts that it never felt good using them.

Just C6 your Yanfei; she gets a shield on burst. Honestly surprised how good she is, since mine has mediocre talent levels and still hits 5 digits on charged attacks / ES in multiplayer teams. (I run 4pc Crimson Witch + Lost Prayer, so your results may vary.)

Told myself I wasn’t going to pull for Yelan, then played the story.

C1 Jean & guaranteed bonus unit the next time around. I have about 40-50 pulls of primogems on the account, so I’m waiting on news of the next banners before committing to Yelan vs. someone else….want to make sure I have at least soft pity for the next archon.

Pejo

Just C6 your Yanfei; she gets a shield on burst. Honestly surprised how good she is, since mine has mediocre talent levels and still hits 5 digits on charged attacks / ES in multiplayer teams. (I run 4pc Crimson Witch + Lost Prayer, so your results may vary.)

Told myself I wasn’t going to pull for Yelan, then played the story.

C1 Jean & guaranteed bonus unit the next time around. I have about 40-50 pulls of primogems on the account, so I’m waiting on news of the next banners before committing to Yelan vs. someone else….want to make sure I have at least soft pity for the next archon.
Well current rumors and leaks are saying 3.2 for the Dendro archon, for whatever that's worth. Next banner will be Itto + Shinobu as a new 4* in a few weeks. After that, next patch we're most likely getting Kazuha/Klee reruns, a new 4* Heizou, possibly a 3rd character but no new 5*s until the patch after. So you should be safe, depending on your primogem income. (I don't know if you buy welkin or BP etc).

*edit*

A few event pictures leaked from 2.8. This one cracked me up.
gphr8hl1lv391.png

Last edited:

Fake

Using Yelan and Xingu as a burst combo, but forgot the two hydro bonus increase healing bonus?

They really need to rework those combinations.

Pejo

Using Yelan and Xingu as a burst combo, but forgot the two hydro bonus increase healing bonus?

They really need to rework those combinations.
Yea Hydro resonance is absolutely awful. It actively prevents me from using 2x Hydro characters most times.

Pejo

Agreed. Making hydro resonance a 15-20% HP% bonus to all characters would make it more useful and also still benefit healers, shielders, and Yelan.
That's a pretty great idea. I always had hoped they'd turn it into cooldown reduction.

crumbs

That's a pretty great idea. I always had hoped they'd turn it into cooldown reduction.
Maybe 15-20% is too high, but even a 10% HP bonus would be nice.

Doesn't anemo resonance provide a CD reduction? Since resonances from different elements can stack, the devs probably won't duplicate resonance effects.

Big question is: What will Dendro's resonance be?

Pejo

Maybe 15-20% is too high, but even a 10% HP bonus would be nice.

Doesn't anemo resonance provide a CD reduction? Since resonances from different elements can stack, the devs probably won't duplicate resonance effects.

Big question is: What will Dendro's resonance be?
Interesting, I forgot Anemo Resonance did that. I just knew that the Hydro debuff increases cooldown times, so I thought it'd be a nice script flip.

Fuz

Banned
I made the mistake of pulling for Yelan due to peer pressure and how you bastards are overhyping her (also her charged is reeeally good).

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO1.jpg

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO2.jpg

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO3.jpg

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO4.jpg

Need to farm artifacts now. I saved 137 fragile resin for this moment.

I vastly underestimated how many talent books are required to triple crown, holy shit, I had him prefarmed since 1 year, my diligence books were the most farmed ones and I completely ran out. Can't crown him until the next diligence domain.

Also had just got to 40M and planning to 50, dream ruined.
svej4.gif

Last edited:

Pejo

I made the mistake of pulling for Yelan due to peer pressure and how you bastards are overhyping her (also her charged is reeeally good).

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO1.jpg

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO2.jpg

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO3.jpg

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO4.jpg

I vastly underestimated how many talent books are required to triple crown, holy shit, I had him prefarmed since 1 year, my diligence books were the most farmed ones and I completely ran out. Can't crown him until the next diligence domain.

svej4.gif
Hey congrats! You've been eyeing him up for quite a while now.

Just in time for that
fWeq.gif

• Love
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO1.jpg

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO2.jpg

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO3.jpg

PORCODDIOOOOOOOO4.jpg

svej4.gif
Congrats on Diluc.

Now you get to farm the stingiest domain for Crimson Witch artifacts.

Schitts Creek Good Luck GIF by CBC

• Love

Fake

It's great bonus when using XQ + Kokomi

The problem is that Xingu is not quite a healer, and putting Hydro into the healer zone is no quite true.

Chield and Ayato are probably the hydro nuke and they have nothing to do with healing.

They should put healing bonus and hydro bonus at the same time. Anemo bonus got more than one effect if I recall right.

Fuz Fuz C0 Diluc? Welcome to my family if so. If not, we're not the same.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, I found a decent generalist Pyro team for Yelan - Hu Tao/Yelan/Kaz/Qiqi. Qiqi's heals do take Hu Tao above her sweet spot HP level on ocassion, but it's not a big deal to use her skill again or take a hit on purpose. The frustrating thing about this team though is that since Hu Tao's elemental skill is on a long cooldown, I have no way to apply Pyro and have Kaz swirl it before she uses her ele skill to do damage, unless her ult is up. I like the team of Hu Tao/Yelan/Kaz/Xinyan because then it's easy to apply the Pyro swirl and shield with Xinyan, but there are no other heals in the whole party here, making secondary damage that other characters take a big pain in the ass unless I want to waste food or constantly check in at a statue to heal them up.

Fuck I wish we had a Pyro healer. It's my most wanted element/role combo ever since the game came out. And no I'm not using Benny.

I guess I could forego having a swirler, but that seems like free damage left on the table. I also don't want to use JohnLee because I'm trying to stick to my goal of no overlap in characters between teams. I guess I could also try Hu Tao/Yelan/Xinyan/Jean or Sayu. Jean does a bit too much overheal on her Burst, but again I can work around that, or maybe even reduce her ATK in favor of ER or something.

Or I guess I could just say "fuck you" to worrying about maintaining 50% HP on Hu Tao and play her as a standard character and just be happy when I trigger the <50% effect. Though I have Homa for her so it's like wasting that damage twice.

*edit*

Just remembered the Prototype Amber Yanfei build....that might work if I go balls out for ER for her. That way I get a shield and low, consistent passive heals.... That might work.

Last edited:

Pejo

If Hu Tao heal work on others than just herself... Would be pretty neat.
Yea actually, that'd make it just about perfect.

I wish we got a "prototype amber" type weapon for Bows. Amber would be an amazing low-cooldown healer who also can be an effective buffer at C6. But MHY doesn't want me to have fun.

*edit*

Just seeing some of these Teapot lines for the first time for some of my characters. Kokomi and Shogun were both surprisingly thirsty for traveler. I mean Kokomi kinda had some leadup but Ei was a surprise. "UNSHEATHE YOUR WEAPON"
cn7z39jxwfa71.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Welp, Hu Tao/Yelan/Kaz/Yanfei is out. Yanfei's 80 energy burst is just too much upkeep for it to work in any meaningful way unless you're only trying to burst down one enemy in a domain or a boss or something. Her shield isn't anywhere near a Zhongli or even a Noelle tier shield. I didn't have her built obviously but if you get her to 20k HP, her shield is only 9000~. Ningguang can make the cut for Prototype Amber healer, but Yanfei is a stretch. I ended up having Hu Tao die a lot trying to hit the sweet spot. Just no synergy with team members here and Kaz ends up doing most of the work damage and energy regeneration wise. In the rare occasions that I hit everything correctly, Hu Tao was doing 60k dmg Charge Attack crits though, at a rapid pace. Nice to see for sure, but too much work to get there.

Had pretty good success with Hu Tao/Yelan/Xinyan/Jean. I'm wondering if Xinyan is even worth the shield though. I did the math that if I get her elemental skill to level 9 and get her to 2000 DEF (for easy math), the shield still only absorbs 6300 dmg. That's nice for incidental damage, but any boss attack is going to eat right through that 6k and laugh at you. Also her shield's Pyro AoE pulses eat up some of Hu Tao's vapes, which is a huge loss of damage. With Hu Tao basically always being near dead, it's too much of a liability with little upside other than preventing death to burning grass or miscellaneous Overloads from electro enemies. Jean has a nice mechanic that if you want to top off team members, you can just do regular attack to heal them for a % of her ATK, then drop a heal bomb if you need to which should cap everyone off easily. The flow is also really nice to go go from Xinyan shield attack -> Jean ele skill (for swirl and VV effect) -> Yelan burst -> Hu Tao damage. It feels good to use and there are plenty of particles flying around everywhere. I'd probably switch Jean and Yelan to a Favonius weapon though for extra particles, as this is a hungry team comp.

Tried the same team but with Sayu, and it was like Jean but worse. Her elemental skill takes much longer to come out , she has lots of frames of animation where you can't dodge anything, and her heal field is meh. The only way to keep your team in range is to duck in and out of her heal field which is annoying and not viable for a lot of encounters.

I thought about trying Thoma for (in theory) a better shield than Xinyan, but saw it's only 8 seconds duration until C2 and like hell am I rolling for him. Re-reading his kit for the first time since his release once again has me asking myself "what the fuck was MHY smoking"? Easily one of the worst characters with very little upside. Even his Pyro blasts suck because they don't overwrite any other element, so you're just going to get awful low-damage reactions out of them.

Later I'm going to try Amber instead of Xinyan in the Jean comp. I lose the shield entirely, but get a party attack buff, baron bunny for provoking decoys (when the mechanic actually works) so I could in theory just hit enemies from behind relatively safely.

Still really wish we had a Pyro healer character. Hopefully in Sumeru.

• Thoughtful

Pejo

37m4tyj0r0491.jpg

Killowcute

5sc4s2xvj0491.jpg
Slightly lower effort than the other gal but at least no ugly tattoos and she's cute. I didn't post the "good" ones from that other girl's set either, they're NSFG.

• Triggered

Pejo

Her twitter is https://twitter.com/aqua_cosplay/media

She has quite a few good Genshin cosplays.

So I tried Amber, kinda nice for the ease of Pyro application and buffs, but as expected, any tougher monster completely ignored Baron Bunny. I tried fighting the lesser geo lizard boss (not Azhdaha) a few times and Hu Tao kept dying to random bullshit. Looks like she needs a shield after all.

Guess for now it's Xinyan.

Pejo

Here's a summary of the remaining CN leakers and their summaries. Not everything on here is likely anymore, these leaks go all the way back to like 2 months ago, but it's a compilation.

Vp58k1L.jpg

Pejo

On one hand, interesting use of current materials to make an entire house out of small furniture parts. I especially liked the staircase made of benches and the shitters. Bonus points for the guest bathroom having the reference to the 3 seashells.

On the other, shame on him for using the censored Rosaria costume willingly.

Pejo

Well day 2 of having a existential crisis over my Hu Tao/Yelan team, and I've finally settled on a team setup. I ran all of this week's bounties with it, to test it out, and it's actually really effective.

Hu Tao/Yelan/Kaz/Qiqi.

You'd think that Qiqi would overheal the fuck out of Hu Tao but it ends up not being the case at all. you can pretty easily control the time and amount of heals just by being picky when you use Qiqi's burst or elemental skill. But more than anything, I just stopped giving a fuck about trying to hit the sweet spot for max damage at all times. With Kaz doing swirls and Yelan causing vapes, everything dies in a few seconds regardless of if I'm getting 60k crits or a measly 15-20k. It's just not worth worrying about. Now I pop Qiqi's skill for the passive heals, Yelan's Burst, swirl that shit, then go hog wild with animation cancelling Charge Attacks on Hu Tao. If I get a chance at a second swirl, it's almost always Pyro anyways, which makes her second use of the skill even stronger. I don't even try to dodge or anything anymore. Taking a few hits is actually a good thing, and now I don't have to worry about reapplying shields or any of the micro-managey bullshit.

I do want to switch out Hu Tao's artifacts though, I think that may help. Right now I'm using a fairly strong Shimenawa set for her, but that makes it less likely that I'll be able to start encounters with her Burst to make use of a Pyro swirl. Plus I heard Crimson Witch is better for vape comps, which is what this is, essentially.

I'm glad I was able to fit Kaz into the team after all. I like Jean, but Kaz is just so much fun to play.

Thanks for coming to day 2 of my Ted talk.

5yw11piaixp81.jpg

• Thoughtful

Pejo

Those cards from Abyss are so fucking terrible.
The namecards? They're all kinda shit in my opinion. No reason to not have animated ones or something a little more flashy, especially for your main card/profile background. Hell they could just make those live2D images in the character trailers for animated namecards for Friendship 10, and it'd be a big improvement.

Pejo

Who fucking cares about namecards?
Well that's all you get for Friendship 10'ing characters, which is a months long process if done passively, or 1-2 months if done actively. I'm all for getting rid of those things wholesale but we should really get better Friendship rank rewards, IMO.

Fuz

Banned
Well that's all you get for Friendship 10'ing characters, which is a months long process if done passively, or 1-2 months if done actively. I'm all for getting rid of those things wholesale but we should really get better Friendship rank rewards, IMO.
Oh absolutely. But that's my point. Who fucking cares for namecards themselves? You never see them anyway.
The personalized wings were a better idea. But mihoyo is super cheap.

Last edited:
Those cards from Abyss are so fucking terrible.
Well, they can be very good. Increased crit rate and damage is pretty neat. You just have to get lucky and get the right ones. Apparently they change every day. I doubt many people would go back to Abyss every day to see if there's better buffs.

Fake

Well, they can be very good. Increased crit rate and damage is pretty neat. You just have to get lucky and get the right ones. Apparently they change every day. I doubt many people would go back to Abyss every day to see if there's better buffs.

This time I got none but Elemental Mastery bonus. IDK if this buffs are banner related, for me is getting between EM and HP%, so if I would guess...

Top Bottom