• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Zenaku

I just downloaded the update.....Fuck. I thought it was going to be legacies only to buy her so I had been spending my willpowers. Now I have enough legacies but only 15 willpowers. God dammit. Time to push my scores in Memorial Arena I guess. I'm torn on rolling for her equipment, I kinda want to save for Mobius.
In my case I forgot to cash in tickets for the Rosemary costume. Don't have her yet, but wanted the costume anyway, and had enough for that and a bunch of other stuff. Sucks.

But, grabbed 3000 gems from the dailies and ran them through the gacha, got her on my final pull. I've noticed many times that I have much better luck with single pulls over 10 pulls, in most cases.

Will play her later after work.

Pejo

She heals the whole team even when she is not out afaik.
Barbie does that with her auto attacks while she has her ring around her, as well as her Ult, and she has the auto revive for a dead character too. Kokomi's ele skill only heals on-field characters and her burst turns her normal attacks into Barbara's (while ringed). Just as a healer she's a bit worse. As a dmg healer/tank, who knows yet, maybe she's good there.

In my case I forgot to cash in tickets for the Rosemary costume. Don't have her yet, but wanted the costume anyway, and had enough for that and a bunch of other stuff. Sucks.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

missing out on the best costume for the best girl; mega oof.

Saber

Gold Member
What will Kokomi bring that Barbara doesn't already do, for Abyss? Just having two of them?

I don't even think Barbara is enought to sustain the damage. Because is a series of volley of monsters in conjuction with Pyro lock aura(causes Pyro dps and you're unable to remove it, meaning Barbara and Xinqiu are useless) probably on purpose so you can kill yourself if you don't have a strong healer.
Nah, ain't got time for this stupidity.

Last edited:

deanote666

Got my first QiQi on the Baal banner so she's still low level.

Got my C2 Jean higher level but no equipment.

I still haven't gotten to 12-3 in abyss. Suffering involved doesn't match the rewards.

BlackM1st

Banned
I have 3 healers on my team. If those are not enought for a healing check, then that means this one was made for specific characters in mind. Ganyu Abysm Spiral all over again.
Nah, have fun yourself. I'm out.
It's more than enough, man:
Cleared 11 with 3 stars lol Damn fat samurais. Probably needed some reactions, but I had only cryo in my team with no batteries.

Noelle, Jean and QiQi healing was OK.

Jean performed the best I think, despite being "naked" and the only healer in the 1st team. LVL90 with lvl 50 favonius sword and absolutely random arts at 12+ lvl Her skills are 1 1 3 lmao

QiQi just ran around like an idiot with her lvl 20 sword and 70 hero lvl So Noelle did the heavy lifting and was 2nd team star.

RwizGBv.gif
S72lxst.gif

Got my first QiQi on the Baal banner so she's still low level.

Got my C2 Jean higher level but no equipment.

I still haven't gotten to 12-3 in abyss. Suffering involved doesn't match the rewards.

You'll do fine(clear it) if you have a good DMG dealers.

I used Noelle C6 in 2nd team and very underdeveloped level 90 Jean C0 in 1st team. It's still all about pure DPS.

In my run only the damn samurais gave me troubles.

Pejo

RwizGBv.gif
S72lxst.gif

I used Noelle C6 in 2nd team and very underdeveloped level 90 Jean C0 in 1st team. It's still all about pure DPS.

Glad to see others getting/using Jean. IMO she's still the most versatile character in the whole game. If you build her for Noblesse she can be a walking nuke too.

BlackM1st

Banned
Glad to see others getting/using Jean. IMO she's still the most versatile character in the whole game. If you build her for Noblesse she can be a walking nuke too.
I mean I spent the whole year without a dedicated healer lol My girl Noelle did it all on her own ;_; So proud of her... Geo Lord has nothing on her at C0.

...also proud of Baal. During my C3 madness she gifted me both Jean and QiQi with no duplicates except for the first 80 pull with Keqing C1 (pain). Praised be the God of Eternity! 🥳

Year 1 - Year of the Geo Shields.

Year 2 - Year of the Dandelion Ice Tea.

YukiOnna

Anybody else hate Watatsumi island? I really liked all of the other islands, especially Seirai, but Watatsumi sucks a big fat one. I've been slowly working my way around with the puzzles and activities, but I lose interest after about 20 mins and just give up. The layout sucks, fighing the floaty guys over cliffs sucks, the positioning of the land enemies by waterfalls and cliffs is a shitty move. It feels like the entire Kokomi portion of the game was needlessly rushed and hobbled together. Her story, her island, her kit, just everything feels like it should have had an extra patch or two of TLC.
Beautiful scenery, but not really well thought out placement compared to the other islands and probably Tsurumi. Enemy and puzzle placement sucks. Hopefully Enkanomiya and the other area is better.

deanote666

RwizGBv.gif
S72lxst.gif

The last 2 times i tried abyss, it was the generals or whatever with the shields that activate at low health that kept getting me. Even when using the right element, it still went down too slow.

Pejo

4 Days to go. Can Ei seize #1 in Japan? Cocogoat vs Dango Milk
BF16Uiu.png
Wow, I'm surprised that she hasn't already. They really loved Ganyu I guess.

So I take it all of you guys caught your special fish for the BP? It took me like 14 tries to get the "3 seconds in the zone" challenge. That's a bunch of bullshit. It'd be one thing if the fish meter moved at the same speed as your cursor, but it drastically varies.

Also, R Reizo Ryuu
I ended up rolling my extra tickets from HoF and got Ely. I really like her playstyle, and now I finally have something other than HoV for ranged weather. Very straightforward. I also tried Bianca's new PRI in the trial. They've been changing BKE since they released it, and she still feels awful to play. That charge attack loop to build SP was the big mistake in her kit, I feel. It just makes her playstyle very static and boring. The Abyss weapons active makes it a little better, but they should have just waited a while then given her a core to change that awful loop. She's fun during her Ult, but that's the only time. Still, I'll probably make that PRI since I already have the Flower, eventually.

Also, best news, apparently this is a pic of Himeko from the Moth's timeline (Fu Hua's boss or whatever). The pic is from Honkai 2nd, but since they're exploring that era and we still have a bunch of unknown eggs in the Elysian Realm, I'm feeling pretty optimistic...

Just a matter of time now.
lmom8nmfkxn71.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
The last 2 times i tried abyss, it was the generals or whatever with the shields that activate at low health that kept getting me. Even when using the right element, it still went down too slow.
You mean lectors ? That's why I said that it's still all about pure DPS output. They went down in flames in my run. 1st team used Klee, second team used Ayaka/Cocogoat.

Also, R Reizo Ryuu
I ended up rolling my extra tickets from HoF and got Ely. I really like her playstyle, and now I finally have something other than HoV for ranged weather. Very straightforward. I also tried Bianca's new PRI in the trial. They've been changing BKE since they released it, and she still feels awful to play. That charge attack loop to build SP was the big mistake in her kit, I feel. It just makes her playstyle very static and boring. The Abyss weapons active makes it a little better, but they should have just waited a while then given her a core to change that awful loop. She's fun during her Ult, but that's the only time. Still, I'll probably make that PRI since I already have the Flower, eventually.

Also, best news, apparently this is a pic of Himeko from the Moth's timeline (Fu Hua's boss or whatever). The pic is from Honkai 2nd, but since they're exploring that era and we still have a bunch of unknown eggs in the Elysian Realm, I'm feeling pretty optimistic...

Just a matter of time now.
lmom8nmfkxn71.jpg
Yeah she's fun, but there's a bug for me; every time I do her ult it 'nulls' my controller inputs, so if I was holding a direction, she just winds up standing still afterwards.
Pretty annoying if you want to dodge in a certain direction right after.

If she's a flamechaser, she should be pretty strong, gives them a good excuse to give her her own s rank banner, would be funny if she completely replaces HoF as fire dps.

Edit:

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

So I take it all of you guys caught your special fish for the BP? It took me like 14 tries to get the "3 seconds in the zone" challenge. That's a bunch of bullshit. It'd be one thing if the fish meter moved at the same speed as your cursor, but it drastically varies.

I thankfully get in my first time.
But...what about the bottles it showed on the quest? Are those catchable?

4 Days to go. Can Ei seize #1 in Japan? Cocogoat vs Dango Milk
BF16Uiu.png
I'd expect a lot of people are keeping spending money as last resort option so I'd expect big jump in last two days.

Also Kokomi might be pretty good upgrade over Barbara since she leaves her healing fish or whatever on the field so she would be applying wet status after switch.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'd expect a lot of people are keeping spending money as last resort option so I'd expect big jump in last two days.

Also Kokomi might be pretty good upgrade over Barbara since she leaves her healing fish or whatever on the field so she would be applying wet status after switch.
Barb's ring also applies wet when she's off field though. So far it seems that Kokomi's a side-grade at best as a healer.

YukiOnna

I luckily got it in the first try. No idea what I was doing though so it was a fluke lmao.

Fuz

Banned
Man, I like Raiden Shogun but I fucking hate that stupid purple circle.

Also, since I've pulled her I've been farming her artifact realm 15 times a week. I haven't got a single fucking ER artifact. I am fucking sure that they lowered the chance for them to drop now that they released the Shogun.

Pejo

Would be great if they did a periodic Artifact Rate Up...
I still want them to do day of the week for slots like they do for other daily stuff. Like at dungeon level 90, Monday guarantees at least 1 5* flower + whatever random shit. Tuesday guarantees 1 5* feather, etc. At least then we could easily complete sets, whether or not the substats are ideal. But yea double artifacts like leylines/talent domains would be great too. Maybe an anniversary thing coming up? I have about 75 resin moons saved for such a thing.
Man, I like Raiden Shogun but I fucking hate that stupid purple circle.

Also, since I've pulled her I've been farming her artifact realm 15 times a week. I haven't got a single fucking ER artifact. I am fucking sure that they lowered the chance for them to drop now that they released the Shogun.
Yea I use her on my Tart team and it fucks with my crosshairs for aiming really badly. They could have made it smaller, more transparent, or at least out of the aiming area.

BlackM1st

Banned
I have about 75 resin moons saved for such a thing.
I thought I was the only moon 🌙 hoarder lmao

They could have made it smaller, more transparent, or at least out of the aiming area.
Bruh. Stop.
PUDgrEh.gif

She's worth it.

Plus, Geo Lord's shield been with me for the better part of the year and it's also always on 24/7. Plus Fairy.

Basically that's the name of the game for such projects. In FF14 I couldn't see shit too haha

I haven't got a single fucking ER artifact.
I'm using 1 ER art from wanderers troupe. I have 2 more I think. Nothing from her set lol

Good thing that I was able to get other 4 pieces from it, so now I farm for the optimal pieces and take it slow 🐌 🐌 🐌

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I still want them to do day of the week for slots like they do for other daily stuff. Like at dungeon level 90, Monday guarantees at least 1 5* flower + whatever random shit. Tuesday guarantees 1 5* feather, etc. At least then we could easily complete sets, whether or not the substats are ideal. But yea double artifacts like leylines/talent domains would be great too. Maybe an anniversary thing coming up? I have about 75 resin moons saved for such a thing.

Yea I use her on my Tart team and it fucks with my crosshairs for aiming really badly. They could have made it smaller, more transparent, or at least out of the aiming area.
Hope so. I'll keep asking for it so long as I play this game in surveys... like c'mon other mobile games do it. Prolonging us having a good build for our character shouldn't be RNG gated since we already rolled on the character. It's a PvE game, too so it makes less sense to me.

In addition to that, shields are an absolute pain in the ass with the new crosshair. Holy shit I'm guessing where I'm aiming 90% of the time.

Pejo

I thought I was the only moon 🌙 hoarder lmao

Bruh. Stop.
PUDgrEh.gif

She's worth it.

Plus, Geo Lord's shield been with me for the better part of the year and it's also always on 24/7. Plus Fairy.

Basically that's the name of the game for such projects. In FF14 I couldn't see shit too haha

I'm using 1 ER art from wanderers troupe. I have 2 more I think. Nothing from her set lol

Good thing that I was able to get other 4 pieces from it, so now I farm for the optimal pieces and take it slow 🐌 🐌 🐌
You running ER or Electro goblet?

Also, you didn't mention the real Hard Mode for visual clutter, Xenoblade Chronicles 2
tumblr_inline_oxf8qnOa3s1uftrnv_540.png

Pejo

hahahaha a few of the now retired leakers are doing an AMA on reddit in a few days. Attention withdrawal.

It'd be hilarious if MHY hired somebody to ask questions to find out who they are and then sued the shit out of them.

BlackM1st

Banned
hahahaha a few of the now retired leakers are doing an AMA on reddit in a few days. Attention withdrawal.

It'd be hilarious if MHY hired somebody to ask questions to find out who they are and then sued the shit out of them.
See. Told ya. Attention whores.

People who want to leak will always find a way.

People who want publicity is a totally different matter.

Pejo

Whew, all done with Watatsumi. That one was a bitch. Ironically, I got that mini-seele quest to chase that one around the whole damn island which was also the last one I needed for my 100% achievement for Watatsumi/Seirai islands namecard, so I got those 3 Precious chests and the achievement all in one. That felt pretty good, can't lie.

Right now the total available Electroculus count is rank 9 + 1 right? I crafted a few of those stones to see where I was missing a few, and it turns out there were 3 of them just chillin in the ocean that I hadn't even considered looking for. One all the way at the very edge of the map too. I'd have never found those, lol.

I found the Sumerian researcher that says that there are actually 2 snake gods, the "bad" one that came up and attacked the shogun's islands and then another "good" one that lives under the water protecting the Sangonomiya people. But then his dialogue made it seem like he was just a retard after all, so who knows if that's a lore foreshadowing or just something to throw you off.

I kept running into those skull symbols on the sides of cliffs in Watatsumi, and Paimon would comment on them. Is there a use for them now or is that just something for the future? I also found a little den full of books that seems to be some sort of research cave. Probably a location for a future story quest, but it was curious that there's nothing in there, not even one of those book pages.

Last edited:

deanote666

Whew, all done with Watatsumi. That one was a bitch. Ironically, I got that mini-seele quest to chase that one around the whole damn island which was also the last one I needed for my 100% achievement for Watatsumi/Seirai islands namecard, so I got those 3 Precious chests and the achievement all in one. That felt pretty good, can't lie.

Right now the total available Electroculus count is rank 9 + 1 right? I crafted a few of those stones to see where I was missing a few, and it turns out there were 3 of them just chillin in the ocean that I hadn't even considered looking for. One all the way at the very edge of the map too. I'd have never found those, lol.

I found the Sumerian researcher that says that there are actually 2 snake gods, the "bad" one that came up and attacked the shogun's islands and then another "good" one that lives under the water protecting the Sangonomiya people. But then his dialogue made it seem like he was just a retard after all, so who knows if that's a lore foreshadowing or just something to throw you off.

I kept running into those skull symbols on the sides of cliffs in Watatsumi, and Paimon would comment on them. Is there a use for them now or is that just something for the future? I also found a little den full of books that seems to be some sort of research cave. Probably a location for a future story quest, but it was curious that there's nothing in there, not even one of those book pages.
You have all of the electroculi right now I think.

Those paintings are part of a quest you can complete now.

There's a small cave on a small island on the south side of Watatsumi island with a book you have to read to activate the locations with the paintings. Then there's a spot with a paining and treasure hoarders with another page to read that will give clues to the final treasure spot.

The final treasure location is in the first cave you started the quest

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I have a spare one in my inventory found with the eloctroculus stone. What's the range on those things? They seem not to find anything else in the new islands for me.

Fuz

Banned
There's a cave on the south part where there's a book that tells you those are treasure places or something. You need to read the book before being able to interact with the walls.

Pejo

I have a spare one in my inventory found with the eloctroculus stone. What's the range on those things? They seem not to find anything else in the new islands for me.
They seem to have a range of about 2 islands. If you have rank 9 + 1 extra, I think that's as high as we can get until the last island is released.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Lupingosei

Banned
I am still not sure if I should roll for Kokomi next week. I like the whole floaty thing she does, the aquatic style, but she adds nothing to the table I want.

Pejo

I am still not sure if I should roll for Kokomi next week. I like the whole floaty thing she does, the aquatic style, but she adds nothing to the table I want.
Yep, you and I are both in the same situation. I don't have interest in the Liyue reruns though, so i'm going to do up to a pity on her. If I get her, cool, if i lose the 50/50, so be it. I still refuse to use/level Xingqiu, so another water character is still worthwhile I guess.

BlackM1st

Banned
Ryan Gosling Judging You GIF

Yep, you and I are both in the same situation. I don't have interest in the Liyue reruns though, so i'm going to do up to a pity on her. If I get her, cool, if i lose the 50/50, so be it. I still refuse to use/level Xingqiu, so another water character is still worthwhile I guess.
I gonna roll Kokomi because Rosaria and Xingu, not her.
Breaking Bad GIF

[Speechless]

Reactions: Fuz
Top Bottom