• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

martino

I'm playing genshin impact on multiple platform and thank to that i discovered the first time dualsense bring something to a game feature (sure not the best one) :
Fishing
with adaptive trigger this become at least challenging when without it it's the more boring fishing mini-game i've ever seen.

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm playing genshin impact on multiple platform and thank to that i discovered the first time dualsense bring something to a game feature (sure not the best one) :
Fishing
with adaptive trigger this become at least challenging when without it it's the more boring fishing mini-game i've ever seen.
Yeah, interestingly GI is really paying attention to the dualsense.

Mona and Ayaka has basically the same dash, but they feel very different thanks to advanced vibration tech. Mona feels like she's really going through water, while Ayaka feels like she's on ice.

Attention to details is something I really appreciate in GI. Their financial department is one of the worst/cheap I ever encountered, but actual game devs are genuinely care about their work and it shows.

Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
The Neko is a cat questline was fun. I hope they make more quests like that.

I like the lore, the characters and that you actually changed the world a little bit.
Yep. I was hoping that we will achieve something similar with the hotel renovation in 2nd region, but unfortunately it went nowhere. We fixed the elevator and... that's it. Damn bridge next to the hotel is still destroyed.

Lupingosei

Banned
Attention to details is something I really appreciate in GI. Their financial department is one of the worst/cheap I ever encountered, but actual game devs are genuinely care about their work and it shows.
Yes they do, they make so many things right within such a short time.

The housing system was something people in WoW demanded for 10+ years and they nailed it right from the start. It is fun to create your own little world, but you don't have to.

So many details just work and are fun.

Lupingosei

Banned
They need to do something with the annoying furniture limits. I understand that it's a mobile limitations, but why not make it a PC/PS exclusive feature? 🤔
They already did, not enough for my taste, but you can add a lot of stuff again.

They will add more over time, because mobile systems also evolve and get faster with more storage.

BlackM1st

Banned
They already did, not enough for my taste, but you can add a lot of stuff again.
I dunno man. I have 1 main building, 1 furniture set, 2 crafting benches, 3 gardening areas, 1 hero and 2 decorations. That's it. Whole island is basically empty. Yet I couldn't add the damn aquarium to it.

Also, 3 Heroes per empty room is also hilariously bad haha

Lupingosei

Banned
I dunno man. I have 1 main building, 1 furniture set, 2 crafting benches, 3 gardening areas, 1 hero and 2 decorations. That's it. Whole island is basically empty. Yet I couldn't add the damn aquarium to it.

Also, 3 Heroes per empty room is also hilariously bad haha
Animals and companions weigh too much, but if you spread them out it is not that much of a problem.

My teapot is at 31k at the moment and I am not finished yet.

Pejo

Yep. I was hoping that we will achieve something similar with the hotel renovation in 2nd region, but unfortunately it went nowhere. We fixed the elevator and... that's it. Damn bridge next to the hotel is still destroyed.
There actually is a 2 or 3 part quest to fix the bridge too. They're daily commissions, so you'll need to pick Liyue as your daily location if you want to get them. Not exactly deep lore or anything but you talk about the bridge and how it got broken and then fix it.
Yeah, interestingly GI is really paying attention to the dualsense.

Mona and Ayaka has basically the same dash, but they feel very different thanks to advanced vibration tech. Mona feels like she's really going through water, while Ayaka feels like she's on ice.

I like the fact that they use the controller's speaker. Not enough games use that feature IMO.

BlackM1st

Banned
There actually is a 2 or 3 part quest to fix the bridge too. They're daily commissions, so you'll need to pick Liyue as your daily location if you want to get them. Not exactly deep lore or anything but you talk about the bridge and how it got broken and then fix it.
WUT? Seriously?

We can fix the damn bridge?¿?¿? MEGATON

Welp, goodbye Inazuma comissions 👋

Pejo

God dammit, I cursed myself with that "feed the Liyue gal" comission by joking with BlackM1st BlackM1st . This is the 3rd day in a row now I've gotten it.

So there are a few kinda boring leaks circulating around, mostly revolving around 2.2 events. I've known about them for a few days now but it's nothing that made me excited. Regardless, here's what we're getting:

Some sort of concert mini-quest where you'll talk to Zhongli, Ayaka, Xiao, Kazuha, Shogun, and a few others and get music related quests or something. Seems like bog standard fetch quests with small amounts of character interaction with some fan favorites.

Then there's a domain/dungeon running event where you get random buffs through elemental cards, similar to how the mechanicus buffs worked this last time. Seems boring.

At least we get another island to explore, because these events just ain't it, chief. This fishing event has been lame as fuck.

Pejo

New pet too. I think I should stop calling these things pets and use the word "familiar" instead.
familiar is certainly shorter than "thing you use for 3 days until the recycled animations annoy you and you put it away forever." It's a shame they don't do something. Honkai's version of these things have combat effects and can be pretty useful.

*edit*

Man the stuff that genshin players with free time will figure out

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
God dammit, I cursed myself with that "feed the Liyue gal" comission
Try giving her some badly cooked food lol

And BTW I couldn't find anywhere a way to fix the damn bridge in Liyue. All I'm getting is the info about the Inn renovation and some planks. I did it all long time ago unfortunately. I was talking about this BIG bridge with a fishing spot nearby:

6aXZ1xg.jpg

I wanted to fix it ;(

Pejo

Try giving her some badly cooked food lol

And BTW I couldn't find anywhere a way to fix the damn bridge in Liyue. All I'm getting is the info about the Inn renovation and some planks. I did it all long time ago unfortunately. I was talking about this BIG bridge with a fishing spot nearby:

6aXZ1xg.jpg

I wanted to fix it ;(
Ohhh my bad, I thought you meant the stuff at the inn itself.

YukiOnna

familiar is certainly shorter than "thing you use for 3 days until the recycled animations annoy you and you put it away forever." It's a shame they don't do something. Honkai's version of these things have combat effects and can be pretty useful.

*edit*

Man the stuff that genshin players with free time will figure out

I like how people find a way to make poses cause they won't add any.

Pejo

What a cute warmonger.

Still waiting to spend some time in the trial to see if I pull for her or not. It's going to be a long time with nothing I'm interested in, so I'll probably burn what I have when her banner drops. Based on the impressions from the beta she was kinda bad, but I think it's already been proven that most beta testers are smoothbrains and don't actually report any problems to MHY, so who knows.

YukiOnna

What a cute warmonger.

Still waiting to spend some time in the trial to see if I pull for her or not. It's going to be a long time with nothing I'm interested in, so I'll probably burn what I have when her banner drops. Based on the impressions from the beta she was kinda bad, but I think it's already been proven that most beta testers are smoothbrains and don't actually report any problems to MHY, so who knows.
Her personality looks like another fun one. Legit military buff lmao

And yep going to actually wait and see how she does myself rather than go off what others say.

BlackM1st

Banned
What a cute warmonger.

Same persona pattern as Yanfei. Another dork, now water one. Skip.

The war vs the Heaven. Reminds me a little of the Heaven from the Spawn series and from Diablo 3.

8Ao0Ybf.jpg

video games diablo GIF

Out of all Gods only Ice God has any balls looks like. And only Travellers/Abyss has any chance of actually winning.

Makes me sad that we are mostly stuck with low fantasy and high fantasy part of our story is almost always hidden.

I love to play in low fantasy setting, but I don't like that they are deliberately hiding away/skipping the core of the story/lore/universe.

What a cute warmonger.
Unfortunately for her the war is over now that the Vision Hunt has ended. No more wars for her to wage. This introduction video hardly makes sense anymore with how outdated it is. Her character doesn't fit with her abilities either. She's a strategist but can only heal people..? Okay...

She's as good a waifu as any, but I already spent a lot of primos on the Shogun, so I'll be skipping here for sure.

Pejo

Boy if this isn't one of the best examples of localization teams fucking up the meaning behind stuff. I complain about this in games and anime a lot when I see modern american contemporary shit in fantasy/historical anime and games, but this is worse as it left the entire english speaking playerbase in the dark about stuff that JP and CN (maybe KR too?) have been building for a while. Worst part, even if you're listening to the JP dub or native CN language, the subtitles are still going to be wrong.

This kinda thing is really disappointing, and I'm surprised that the localization team fucked this up, as generally it's been pretty good.

Kinda related, but with this new information, it's almost 100% guaranteed that the "Heavenly Principles" were set to stave off the Will of the Honkai. Keeping civilizations from advancing was one theory on how to stay under the radar from the Will. It seems highly likely that Celestia is trying like hell to make sure the will doesn't deem it a risk/worthy of its attention. It's also interesting that Celestia seems to put an expiration date on the archons with the erosion thing. It's unknown even now if that's a purposeful decision built in as a failsafe, or if it's a side-effect of the power granted to them when they become archons. Ei's storyline makes so much more sense now.

I'll have to digest this new info a bit and think about how it changes the story.

Unfortunately for her the war is over now that the Vision Hunt has ended. No more wars for her to wage. This introduction video hardly makes sense anymore with how outdated it is. Her character doesn't fit with her abilities either. She's a strategist but can only heal people..? Okay...

She's as good a waifu as any, but I already spent a lot of primos on the Shogun, so I'll be skipping here for sure.
I was holding out hope for the fact that we'd find out she was sort of a secret villain the whole time. Like she'd do anything to keep the wars going etc. I love juxtaposition like that.

YukiOnna

Boy if this isn't one of the best examples of localization teams fucking up the meaning behind stuff. I complain about this in games and anime a lot when I see modern american contemporary shit in fantasy/historical anime and games, but this is worse as it left the entire english speaking playerbase in the dark about stuff that JP and CN (maybe KR too?) have been building for a while. Worst part, even if you're listening to the JP dub or native CN language, the subtitles are still going to be wrong.

This kinda thing is really disappointing, and I'm surprised that the localization team fucked this up, as generally it's been pretty good.

Kinda related, but with this new information, it's almost 100% guaranteed that the "Heavenly Principles" were set to stave off the Will of the Honkai. Keeping civilizations from advancing was one theory on how to stay under the radar from the Will. It seems highly likely that Celestia is trying like hell to make sure the will doesn't deem it a risk/worthy of its attention. It's also interesting that Celestia seems to put an expiration date on the archons with the erosion thing. It's unknown even now if that's a purposeful decision built in as a failsafe, or if it's a side-effect of the power granted to them when they become archons. Ei's storyline makes so much more sense now.

I'll have to digest this new info a bit and think about how it changes the story.
Apparently, the translation is much worse in other languages (not CN/JP) according to quite a few people. Just poor decisions all around. That clears up a lot about the concept of Erosion and stories around Zhongli, Azhdaha, and Raiden at least. It's not a natural element to them.

The opening looks more like a marry scene.
Marry into the Sangonomiya Family and get drowned in strategy books and Battlefield.

Pejo

Ah yea, that's the one. I thought it was a cocktail glass but it's an hourglass. Cocktail glass must have been a different figure. That one is much better IMO.

Regarding the current fishing event - have any of you guys actually caught a "unique fish" that we need for the BP quest? I've been fishing those event fishing spots for a few days now and still haven't caught one, though I did get a fish that had a message in a bottle in it. I'm hoping that my luck isn't just awful and that it's something that comes after tomorrow's quest.

BlackM1st

Banned
Ah yea, that's the one. I thought it was a cocktail glass but it's an hourglass. Cocktail glass must have been a different figure. That one is much better IMO.

Regarding the current fishing event - have any of you guys actually caught a "unique fish" that we need for the BP quest? I've been fishing those event fishing spots for a few days now and still haven't caught one, though I did get a fish that had a message in a bottle in it. I'm hoping that my luck isn't just awful and that it's something that comes after tomorrow's quest.
1 message 0 unique fish

So it can be something that unlocks tomorrow.

BTW what was in that message? My inventory is a mess, I didn't bothered searching for it to read.

Saber

Gold Member

I'm starting to get worried, as the event is ending. The only thing I got so far is a message.
Perhaps is a last day special event? They tend to do that.

Pejo

1 message 0 unique fish

So it can be something that unlocks tomorrow.

BTW what was in that message? My inventory is a mess, I didn't bothered searching for it to read.
It's just a message from the Liyue fisher guy to I think his wife. It's in your quest items tab as (I think) a blue item. Nothing very interesting.

Top Bottom