• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Lupingosei

Banned
They reduced the size of Rosarias boobs in 2.1.

Angry Ufc GIF

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Finally got The Catch by going to new players' worlds, who don't have the fishing pole yet. Those fish are of no use to them yet anyway. In return I helped them with bosses and such. It's R3 now, so the rest of it comes down to pufferfish.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
More anniversary stuff on the way?
Aww yeah, can't wait for three potatoes, 5000 mora, a pizza, 8 ores and 60 primos.

No but seriously though, from that description it sounds like we can expect something significant. They're promising multiple events and game content, so it can't be just a web event or something. I wonder if this was always the plan or if they changed course after the backlash.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I see budget cuts are hitting hard MiHoYo. They are using ms paint and ms word for graphic design now. What's next? Ms Notepad ?

TBH I don't believe this picture at all lmao
Yeah the pic looks kinda crusty, but as far as I know it is a genuine e-mail that was sent to many people. I saw some reputable youtubers make videos on it. I think someone just took a weird screenshot on their phone or something, and it messed with the layout.

Backlash? Man, Baal is breaking records

MiHo doesn't give a F lol
People were kinda pissed about the (lack of) anniversary stuff though. If they were gonna do anything about that, they would probably have had to prepare for that before the Raiden Shogun banner started. But who knows, I guess they can kinda do whatever they want. Let's hope they throw us a bone.

BlackM1st

Banned
sHvh1mS.jpg

Yeah... MiHo isn't sweating at all lol

10 fowls it is.

Hell, we are yet to get KFC wings despite MiHo releasing KFC 🍗 receipts months ago. I seriously doubt that we will get anything worthy.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Fuz Fuz Fuz Fuz you make it through the event yet? Looks like you got some good advice in the thread. I got just shy of 2700 points on today's, after catching up. Everything lined up perfectly for the team layout I've been using since day 1. I love that I'm getting to use a lot of my characters, feels great after all the grinding to build them up.
Just done, but my teams were good enough already. Thanks for the tips anyway!
Now I'll be out for a week, cya.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Well, it's 4:30 AM but I have an R5 The Catch now. The best strat is to join games that are low level and have multiple people in them already. Also Russians. They don't care, apparently.

Pejo

Gold Member
Well, it's 4:30 AM but I have an R5 The Catch now. The best strat is to join games that are low level and have multiple people in them already. Also Russians. They don't care, apparently.
Congrats. It's one hell of a grind. I cleared my own world of fish tonight, and then joined a few co-op sessions, I only need 3 more Golden Koi to get the actual weapon. Not going to worry about grinding out refines right away.

What's the natural respawn of fish, 3 real life days? I might have to co-op a few more times to get the Koi tomorrow.
I see budget cuts are hitting hard MiHoYo. They are using ms paint and ms word for graphic design now. What's next? Ms Notepad ?

TBH I don't believe this picture at all lmao
We'll see. I certainly think that they need to step it up a bit. I'm hoping they're reading my feedback to give us universal 5* constellation stella fortuna. I want my Zhongli constellation.

YukiOnna

Congrats. It's one hell of a grind. I cleared my own world of fish tonight, and then joined a few co-op sessions, I only need 3 more Golden Koi to get the actual weapon. Not going to worry about grinding out refines right away.

What's the natural respawn of fish, 3 real life days? I might have to co-op a few more times to get the Koi tomorrow.

We'll see. I certainly think that they need to step it up a bit. I'm hoping they're reading my feedback to give us universal 5* constellation stella fortuna. I want my Zhongli constellation.
It's a full 3 days for an entire fishing spot to respawn IIRC yeah

Pejo

Gold Member
2nd pillar? I fail to see the need tbh. Guy barely stays on field and I'm yet to kill anyone with his pillar haha Baal C4 would be sick tho lmao
The pillars become more valuable if you get his 4pc set. You want his pillar pulses to always hit something, so your whole team gets the atk buff. The artifact set didn't exist when I rolled for him, or else I might have gone for C1 then. Plus I have him built for HP and Geo dmg so those pulses do a nice bit of DoT for me, especially for stationary targets or groups of small enemies. Unfortunately, most bosses just crush them by walking into them though, so you have to place it off to the side of where you think they're going to attack.

BlackM1st

Banned
The pillars become more valuable if you get his 4pc set. You want his pillar pulses to always hit something, so your whole team gets the atk buff. The artifact set didn't exist when I rolled for him, or else I might have gone for C1 then. Plus I have him built for HP and Geo dmg so those pulses do a nice bit of DoT for me, especially for stationary targets or groups of small enemies. Unfortunately, most bosses just crush them by walking into them though, so you have to place it off to the side of where you think they're going to attack.
Looks and sounds like too much work lol 😆

I can say that his C1 has the biggest kewl factor out of all constellations in game tho

I really wanted his C1 before I played with him But after some time I realized just how wasteful it is for me to keep him on field or bother with his pillars for DMG. I planned to build Ninng to accompany him in the long run, but after an avalanche of new heroes during Baal's pulling madness Ninng will have to wait lmao

(Making Wolf run into Geo Lord's pillar is fun tho)

Pejo

Gold Member
Kids are a strong source of money.
I guess so. Parents rather fork out that credit card instead of engage with their children.

In thinking about the fishing system, it'd be cool if there were 1-2 fishing spots that randomly spawned in each nation each day, with a random selection of fish. That way you could spend some time hunting them down or just happen across them naturally while gathering stuff or doing dailies etc. I don't mind that there are specific fishing holes, but there should be some non-standard ones too. Maybe throw a fish type or two that can only be found in the RNG spots.

YukiOnna

I guess so. Parents rather fork out that credit card instead of engage with their children.

In thinking about the fishing system, it'd be cool if there were 1-2 fishing spots that randomly spawned in each nation each day, with a random selection of fish. That way you could spend some time hunting them down or just happen across them naturally while gathering stuff or doing dailies etc. I don't mind that there are specific fishing holes, but there should be some non-standard ones too. Maybe throw a fish type or two that can only be found in the RNG spots.
You mean like without having to pin them on the map due to being in a fixed location? Yeah, I was hoping there would be a lot more fishing pools than just 1 or 2 in specific pools.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I find the fishing to be a bit lacking. For example here's not even a weight classification. The "furniture fish" can't actually be raised in the teapot pond, they can only be displayed there. I thought there'd be more to it, but it is a good jumping off point. Hopefully they can add some interesting mechanics to it in the future.

YukiOnna

Kinda feels like Housing features have gone in the back burner lately. I was hoping for some QoL updates each patch but there's still no proper interact options outside of sitting with furniture.

Pejo

Gold Member
Kinda feels like Housing features have gone in the back burner lately. I was hoping for some QoL updates each patch but there's still no proper interact options outside of sitting with furniture.
I feel like they're just throwing a lot of systems out there and then refining them over time, which I'm ok with. Hangouts have been ditched for a long time, housing is on hold since Liyue (Though, we do have info on the Inazuma furniture and house structure, and it looks good), Gardening is bare bones and near useless, lots of the tools are stupid, etc. As long as they continue to add/build onto the stuff they've put in the game already, they can all eventually be interesting.

I am disappointed that the fish thing is more just an aquarium instead of an actual pokemon system, which is what I was hoping for.

BlackM1st

Banned
Damn, sorry, wrong thread. I was thinking about sharing and discussing some lawn care ideas...

grAjDmq.jpg

...but turns out I somehow ended up on fishing forum. 🤔

1CLBnUV.jpg

Well, to each his own. Happy fishing, guys! 🐟🐠🐡

Pejo

Gold Member
Damn, sorry, wrong thread. I was thinking about sharing and discussing some lawn care ideas...

...but turns out I somehow ended up on fishing forum. 🤔

Well, to each his own. Happy fishing, guys! 🐟🐠🐡
The fishing minigame isn't bad. I wish there was a 3rd mechanic though. The good fishing games always have a tension meter, which this one has, but then IMO to make it more fun, you should have a second button designated to reeling in, instead of just waiting for a bar to finish filling. Even better if you can tilt the rod to tire the fish out quicker at risk of them breaking the line etc. I also don't like the fact that you can see all the fish and lead them with bait by placing your casts slight ahead and to the side of where they're swimming, but that might just be me. I prefer the ability to drag the bait in the water and make it bounce to attract fish etc. I used to play a lot of the old Sega fishing games in the past, they were a good time.

Also, the 2 worst parts (at least on PS5) are the same 3 Paimon voice lines over and over while you're fishing and the fact that catching all of these fish is going to wear out my haptic feedback triggers on my Dualsense controllers. I tried turning rumble off but it still remains active for fishing.

BlackM1st

Banned
Also, the 2 worst parts (at least on PS5) are the same 3 Paimon voice lines over and over while you're fishing and the fact that catching all of these fish is going to wear out my haptic feedback triggers on my Dualsense controllers. I tried turning rumble off but it still remains active for fishing.
I'm yet to fish even once. I kinda want the aquarium and tbh I still genuinely like how the Catch looks, but from what I'm reading and hearing online...yeah, let's hope MiHo will improve it like they are improving housing.

I'm also yet to get an electro element for my Traveller. Keqing C2, Baal and Sara are keeping me busy and kinda stacked on electro element lol Plus, my Fischl also needs some attention.

HALP

BlackM1st

Banned

I must say that Baal is probably the most complex hero in game or at least the one that devs paid the most attention to.

I dunno, maybe she's just the first "2.0 hero", but I have a feeling that she's on another level compared to previous heroes. Tart really feels like a beta version for her mechanics. In 2.0 stream devs talked about how hard it was to make 2 in 1 hero with Tart.

Baal's persona is absolutely hilarious too. She doesn't smile even in photo mode. She can't cook and in story she eats only desserts lol Her new personality traits unlock after main story too which is also pretty unique.

I hope she's a sign of things to come. But looking at Kokomi, wolf boy and Thoma... I'm not holding my breath haha

Maybe Yae will be great tho

Pejo

Gold Member

I must say that Baal is probably the most complex hero in game or at least the one that devs paid the most attention to.

I dunno, maybe she's just the first "2.0 hero", but I have a feeling that she's on another level compared to previous heroes. Tart really feels like a beta version for her mechanics. In 2.0 stream devs talked about how hard it was to make 2 in 1 hero with Tart.

Baal's persona is absolutely hilarious too. She doesn't smile even in photo mode. She can't cook and in story she eats only desserts lol Her new personality traits unlock after main story too which is also pretty unique.

I hope she's a sign of things to come. But looking at Kokomi, wolf boy and Thoma... I'm not holding my breath haha

Maybe Yae will be great tho

Do you mean complex mechanically or complex as in her character and story?

BlackM1st

Banned
Do you mean complex mechanically or complex as in her character and story?
A bit of both. As a whole if I may say so.

Mostly as a character and story of course.

But her mechanics are also pretty unique. Sure, we already had Oz, we had Tart's double stance, we saw Geo Lord's pillars having a visual presence on field (Baal's Circle/EYE). But she combines all these pretty unique features in 1 package.

Her DMG at C0 is way below the best DMG dealers, but otherwise she's a one of a kind character. When I say complex I doesn't mean "hard to play" or "deep" like EULA with her combos. But just the whole package and attention MiHo gave to her.

Pejo

Gold Member
A bit of both. As a whole if I may say so.

Mostly as a character and story of course.

But her mechanics are also pretty unique. Sure, we already had Oz, we had Tart's double stance, we saw Geo Lord's pillars having a visual presence on field (Baal's Circle/EYE). But she combines all these pretty unique features in 1 package.

Her DMG at C0 is way below the best DMG dealers, but otherwise she's a one of a kind character. When I say complex I doesn't mean "hard to play" or "deep" like EULA with her combos. But just the whole package and attention MiHo gave to her.
I agree with you for the most part. I love how she furthered the lore behind Visions with a single voice line, and she is the first Archon that shows us that they can be very powerful completely without their Gnosis. I also hope we get more backstory about the last war with the big snake thing and her friends that all died. Something like when we visited the Goddess of Salt's domain and learned about her past and how it linked with Zhongli. Mechanically I find her kinda boring, I feel like she should have had a hold/press Elemental Skill like most of the rest of the Electros, but otherwise if Electro makes a team better, she's a good fit for it, which I appreciate.

I have a tough time deciding who to pair with Tart for his Electro reactor. Shogun/Beidou/Fischl all have their place in the pairing. Shogun has a really long E effectiveness, brings a ton of ER for the whole team, and has unlimited range with her reactions. She also fills the gap if I fuck up his elemental skill rotation and his water form is stuck on cooldown since she can use her Burst and dish out some decent damage. Fischl has the fastest reactions, almost full uptime with Oz, and is super cheap/easy to build. Beidou does the most off-field damage and offers some defense with a shield and a counter, but her moment to moment Electro application sucks if her Burst is down.

I think Shogun gameplay wise is good, but not Archon good. I see why whales and theorycrafters are kinda upset with her kit at release. Won't stop me from using her, since I laugh at meta, but if this is the best that Electro can hope for, and the pinnacle of the element, it's in a real bad place. I think a cooler effect in general would be that her E hits should all create particles, so you'd just see orbs shitting themselves out of enemies every few hits. It'd fit with her role as universal battery and be more visually exciting than just knowing her ER is high in the stats page.

BlackM1st

Banned
I think Shogun gameplay wise is good, but not Archon good. I see why whales and theorycrafters are kinda upset with her kit at release.

I blame the electro, not her kit. If she was a cryo, she would be a final solution to everything lol

So a one trick pony with a bunch of fluff. Gotcha.

That a pretty nifty trick man.

Having a 100% ultimate uptime for the whole team lol

Having her in your party let's you to use all your ultimates constantly without giving it a second thought. The more ultimates and the more expensive they are, the better. I say it's an absolute gamechanger on par with Geo Lord's shield.

And while Geo Lord's shield is THE best shield, it can't help you with damaging enemies. So you may switch him. For Klee for example. Or for Xiao. Or keep him in for his meteorite.

But regardless, Ball will still be very useful and helpful in any situation. Even when fighting against electric slimes. She will help other one trick ponies to perform their tricks faster and stronger.

Sure, I was hoping that we will get a Pyro Cocogoat by now, but we got YMY instead lol So in the land of 1 trick ponies, Baal's is the fluffiest one...

c1ca714fa0857f711fde26d59f2c9898.jpg

Queen of ponies!

YukiOnna

I agree with you for the most part. I love how she furthered the lore behind Visions with a single voice line, and she is the first Archon that shows us that they can be very powerful completely without their Gnosis. I also hope we get more backstory about the last war with the big snake thing and her friends that all died. Something like when we visited the Goddess of Salt's domain and learned about her past and how it linked with Zhongli.
Hope we get Act 2 on her eventual rerun in late 2.x. Archon War, Her time as a Kagemusha, Great Serpent Orobashi, Torachiyo, Seirai Island, etc. All have a good way of being explored now that she's willing to step outside more. Another way of continuing her character development, too.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Isn't Baal just an expie of the same character from Honkai? Probably why they are getting special attention. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom