• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
Need to lvl 5 new characters. Send HALP

ra3zvio.jpg

Fake

What did those pathetic shills close?

Complains about the lore/Baal kit, but mods are closing more threads than I imagine.

CN fanbase are trying to sue My for false PR about Baal. I remember this week reading a 10k likes thread about and now is gone.

Fuz

Banned
Btw, question.

Does the electro oceanid always drop crystals at higher world levels? It only did once for me (3 purples), on about a dozen kills.

BJK

Drawing for Archon constellations = guaranteed loss of 50/50. Got Jean when trying for Zhongli C1, and now Keqing when trying for shogun C1.

Done for this banner, as Sucrose is now C6 along with C5 Xiangling.

BlackM1st

Banned
Btw, question.

Does the electro oceanid always drop crystals at higher world levels? It only did once for me (3 purples), on about a dozen kills.
Yeah, on WL8 it always gives you some electric crystals 🔮 usually it's just a fragments tho. Chunks and Gemstones are still pretty rare to see.

Reactions: Fuz

YukiOnna

Fun gameplay is IMO far better than OP gameplay.

Sayu is so fun for a 4* char.
Yep and Raiden Shogun is that for me. She may not be broke, but she can be built to be plenty useful and stronk while being a lot of fun. I'm sure they'll buff her (although I don't agree with how aggressive CN can be) but that's only better for her.

Also, pretty insane if you only count 2 days (CN):
E-V-P58UYAMU0MS.jpg

She has also already broke then 1B Yen barrier in Japan on iOS/Android. Looks like she could have same legs as Ganyu and Zhongli there.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
That Venti rerun is pretty insane. I can't believe they made that much money on that. I wonder if Ganyu/Xiao/Hu Tao reruns are gonna rake in the cash too. Sad to see Yoimiya all the way at the bottom.

BlackM1st

Banned
Sad to see Yoimiya all the way at the bottom.
That's where she belongs mwuahahah

Although I agree in a way.

She has one of the best designs in game.

But it was wasted on her.

Plus looks like she was stuck in between 2 ridiculously popular banners. I wonder if Kokomi will be even lower or slightly higher.

Yep and Raiden Shogun is that for me. She may not be broke, but she can be built to be plenty useful and stronk while being a lot of fun. I'm sure they'll buff her (although I don't agree with how aggressive CN can be) but that's only better for her.

Also, pretty insane if you only count 2 days (CN):
E-V-P58UYAMU0MS.jpg

She has also already broke then 1B Yen barrier in Japan on iOS/Android. Looks like she could have same legs as Ganyu and Zhongli there.

Thanks for sharing man. We need more of such pictures. Really puts things into perspective.

Albedo > EULA lol

Homa > Kaz (hehe)

Xiao > Cocogoat (groan)

Hu Tao > Ayaka (wut)

I wonder if Ganyu/Xiao/Hu Tao reruns are gonna rake in the cash too.

Xiao? Why? Guy has a cult following, but look at the Tart's rerun.

Hu Tao is... I dunno man, every time I met a Hu Tao player they are absolutely worthless. The run her at full health together with some healer lmao I bet people also waste EULA'S combos.

Cocogoat is really a 1 of a kind hero in game right now. Even at C0 she's absolutely bonkers and so versatile. No one comes close. Still... Like I said, I played GI on my new big screen phone and was shocked how useless she was there. At least against new electro boss.

Anyway, I think re-runs will go like that sales wise:

Cocogoat > Xiao = Hu Tao

Need to lvl 5 new characters. Send HALP

ra3zvio.jpg
Fucking bitch dropped two of her three mats. Guess which one is the one I actually needed? THE ONE THAT DIDNT DROP

It's ok, though. I'm used to this bullshit from Dvalin. I think it was two straight months without the drop I needed from that fucker

BlackM1st

Banned
Fucking bitch dropped two of her three mats. Guess which one is the one I actually needed? THE ONE THAT DIDNT DROP

It's ok, though. I'm used to this bullshit from Dvalin. I think it was two straight months without the drop I needed from that fucker
Wolf refused to drop Klee's mats for months.

At least now we can transform world boss drops. Before that... It was really rough.

Fake

I don't believe in RNG.

I'm not even kidding.

I played a loads of game, and yes I do believe.

Maybe this company can control part of. IDK if you ever played Pokemon game, but the AI can control RNG inside battles to their favor.

Will complete one year and I not even get the commission with give me the equivalent exchange quest.

Fuz

Banned
I played a loads of game, and yes I do believe.

What are the odds of this (or my C3 Mona)? What are the odds of a triple raiden on a single 10 pull?
Astronomically low.
How often do those things happen in gachas?

RNGs are programs, let's just set aside that true random is by definition impossible for a math-driven machine, programs can have small, mostly unnoticeable, bugs. Seeds can be arbitrary. And in the end, they *could* also harvest data and adjust the probability sliders accordingly... who would ever check?

I've seen way too many strange things over the years with RNGs to believe in their neutrality.

Last edited:

Fake

What are the odds of this (or my C3 Mona)? What are the odds of a triple raiden on a single 10 pull?
Astronomically low.
How often do those things happen in gachas?

RNGs are programs, let's just set aside that true random is by definition impossible for a math-driven machine, programs can have small, mostly unnoticeable, bugs. Seeds can be arbitrary. And in the end, they *could* also harvest data and adjust the probability sliders accordingly... who would ever check?

I've seen way too many strange things over the years with RNGs to believe in their neutrality.

IDK If RNG plays a huge role inside wishes mechanics. They need money, so IMO wishes have a different mechanics (Maybe thats 'why' they show you your wish historic). I was talking about commission, artifact farming, etc...

The more crap you get from RNG, the more time you spend inside the game. The artifact farming is by far the worst of all. Yes, there is a possibility of not being RNG, but I can't say for sure if is that the case. RNG is a easy/cheap way of implement RPG mechanics and they're quite abused by recent games.

Exentryk

Logged back in after a while so I could roll for Baal. Glad to see some free primos. Managed to get 3x Sucrose (now C5), 1x Sara and 1x Baal, in about 50 rolls. Don't really have time to build her, so back to finishing the other game I'm playing.

Last edited:
Losing a coinflip a couple times in a row is absolutely natural; put enough people in a room, have them flip actual coins and it's going to happen to at least one of them, because even though the odds of it happening lowers with each flip, each flip remains an independent event with a 50% chance.
Y'all just unlucky.

deanote666

Gold Member
I got Ganyu. Spent a lot of time building up Ganyu. But as I am a mobile only player, I don't field the Ganyu.

There is no RNG. Everything is working EXACTLY as they planned... :messenger_robot:

Clustering is probably why they always say to not spend all of your *insert premium currency name* at the same time in gacha.

Trying to build my Baal but feels like I'm doing something wrong, not using her right. Only have 1300 atk over 50% CR, low CD (due to bad RNG). ER sand, electro cup, crit rate hat. Favonious lance. Still leveling the Baal, lance but both are level 80.

deanote666

Gold Member
Losing a coinflip a couple times in a row is absolutely natural; put enough people in a room, have them flip actual coins and it's going to happen to at least one of them, because even though the odds of it happening lowers with each flip, each flip remains an independent event with a 50% chance.
Y'all just unlucky.
RNG clustering is a thing. How else can you get several of something in a row when there's less than a 2% chance to get it? Even common trash in gacha has a low % if you look at the rates but you can still get 5 of the same one in a 10 pull. Happens all of the time in FGO and the common trash has a 1.391% chance for each one.

Unlike a coin flip which is true 50% chance (assuming it can be flipped in a way that doesn't somehow favor one side or the other).

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Trying to build my Baal but feels like I'm doing something wrong, not using her right. Only have 1300 atk over 50% CR, low CD (due to bad RNG). ER sand, electro cup, crit rate hat. Favonious lance. Still leveling the Baal, lance but both are level 80.
If you use a weapon with an ER stat, don't use an Electro DMG cup. Apparently it's better to use an ATK% cup instead.

Fuz

Banned
Y'all just unlucky.

This is not "losing a coinflip".

Fake

Some are lucky, everyone is unlucky, blablabla... Enjoy your two DEF substatus.

Now, I pinned most of the fish zones. Get the three pink fishes need to trade. Its actually fun the fishing mechanics.

I was expecting the Atum Claymore this patch, maybe in the cooking event?

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Wish it didn't have to switch to Traveler for fishing. I liked that they gave every character an animation for things like the Harp.

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member

This is not "losing a coinflip".

We can't base things based on juts a few people's experience. I have lost 50/50 multiple times but I got c2 Diluc, c2 Jean and c2 Mona but zero Qiqi. I have also won multiple 50/50 in consecutive pulls at times to get C1 Childe, C2 Zhongli and C1 Raiden. So to me it feels the RNG is balanced but may not be the case for others. RNG does what it does. People can just get lucky or unlucky.

Fake

Just a little reminder, if someone want to revive this glorious roll just go back pages and pages ago here, I wasted 12.000 pink wishes + 10 free stock to Childe banner. Get only one Keqing.

But hey, someone else get Childe so I'm probably wrong.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
The official map is quite faulty. It's missing a good number of things and has duplicate hotspots.
Probably by design to keep us from progressing too quick.
Edit: just found an electro seelie marked as relay stone.

no, that's just unlucky.
The chance for that to happen is astronomically low. And these sort of things happen quite frequently.

Last edited:

Fake

Wait, we can?? I guess that update dropped when I was taking a break lmao. Or maybe I just completely forgot about it

You can, but there is a catch. That crystal every boss are now dropping act like a catalyst from alchemy recipe. You can transform one of the Boss drop you don't need/use into the one you want.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I just remember this breakdown:
8MoFppA.png

Top Bottom