• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Any fellow % seekers, here's a good post for some chests that were unavailable through the Thundering Sojourn event:

Fuz

Banned
Uh oh, first signs of an Amber buff finally datamined in the files...

6* Backgrounds, baby!

96bwmyywz9g71.jpg
dafuck is this

Fuz

Banned
6* background for items/characters/weapons. We don't know what it's going to be for yet, but this is the same as like blue for 3* items, purple for 4*, and gold for 5* rarity stuff
How do we know? Because I can't understand anything from that image.

Pejo

How do we know? Because I can't understand anything from that image.
Just look at a weapon icon for instance of something in your inventory. Look at the background. Then look at the filenames listed in the image I posted. It's basically 2+2.

Fuz

Banned
They would have to overhaul the entire game if they wanted to add 6 star items and characters. I don't see how they'd fit in the current economy and distribution.
They just added a new character that's in a new, higher, rarity tier in the other gacha I play. They didn't overhaul anything, she's just OP.

Would be funny seeing the archons one rarity tier under other characters, though.

Last edited:
There's no higher tier characters in Honkai, but there are higher tier weapons.
You don't pull them in that higher tier, so the droprates are the same, but you can "awaken" them to it; these awakening materials are super rare as a trade off.

Perhaps that's what they are planning on doing here.

Pejo

There's no higher tier characters in Honkai, but there are higher tier weapons.
You don't pull them in that higher tier, so the droprates are the same, but you can "awaken" them to it; these awakening materials are super rare as a trade off.

Perhaps that's what they are planning on doing here.
I personally wouldn't mind a character upgrade system in the same vein for Genshin. It gives them a chance to fix a lot of useless characters and give us something else to grind for. Qiqi/Amber/Xinyan buffs that bump them up a rarity and give them new skills or enhanced skills or something. I'd be ok with that.

I would be a little upset if they straight up gave us 6* summonable units at a decreased % chance or higher pity though. I don't think they'd be stupid enough to do that, certainly not this early in the game's lifecycle.

BlackM1st

Banned
Resistance is unbearable.

I can't with them... In every fucking game and movie we are made to fight for the damn resistance. And every fucking time it seems like "evil Empire" is far more capable at keeping peace and prosperity for its citizens. I kinda surprised how obvious it is in Inazuma's case lol.

Why I can't join Baal and her sexy shrine maidens?

What's so great about mud covered, rain soaked puppy looking guy ( ever smelled wet dog? Yeah...) and some air headed "princess" who can't be of any use in battle because she's the damn healer?

Bah, such a bs...

• Strength
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Day early, (at least for most of the world I guess) but I hope to see some more good fanarts tomorrow. Also, glad to see you alive. I saw you hadn't been logged in to the game in a while.
Resistance is unbearable.

I can't with them... In every fucking game and movie we are made to fight for the damn resistance. And every fucking time it seems like "evil Empire" is far more capable at keeping peace and prosperity for its citizens. I kinda surprised how obvious it is in Inazuma's case lol.

Why I can't join Baal and her sexy shrine maidens?

What's so great about mud covered, rain soaked puppy looking guy ( ever smelled wet dog? Yeah...) and some air headed "princess" who can't be of any use in battle because she's the damn healer?

Bah, such a bs...
Agreed. Just once I would like to squash out a resistance. I'm curious to see what the real reason for the vision hunt decree is. I'm suspecting that it's not something so bad to begin with, but who knows how the story is going to go.

YukiOnna

Day early, (at least for most of the world I guess) but I hope to see some more good fanarts tomorrow. Also, glad to see you alive. I saw you hadn't been logged in to the game in a while.
Same need lot of Amber art to save. Cool I'm missed and yeah sadly busy so not as much time to play, but I should be back pretty soon.

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm curious to see what the real reason for the vision hunt decree is.
Whatever it may be, if you're against it - you should run. Not fight your damn almighty God about it lol Because seriously, what's your end game plan can be? What you're trying to achieve? Pile up enough dead bodies to her throne and make her realize how wrong her way is? Lmao.

Besides, it was only 100 visions or so, so it's a recent policy change and never in story we have seen Baal to be oppressive or evil. She obviously cares about her nation and her nation only.

So I'm sure she had here reasons. Maybe people around her betrayed her or fed some false intelligence. I doubt that she has/had bad intentions. Otherwise she would just massacred each and every resistance member personally with her lightning powers like Storm from the x-men lol

You guys are really looking for every little small thing to shit on her huh?
Well guess, what, she uses the exact same model as all the other adolescent female models:
Cx0CLuU.gif

She could be slightly taller than Ganyu, but height differences already exist, also it could just be animated pose vs t-pose.

Pejo

Can I just say how disappointed I am with the damn Tengu fan rep reward? I got it first thing this morning and not only do you have to equip it and use it from your "tool" hotkey, but you also can't use it in the air, and the 30% boost it gives is barely even noticeable. I wouldn't have noticed at all if it didn't have the leaf effect while it's active.

I don't know why, I thought it was going to be a boost while you were floating in the air like we had for that one glider event. Boy am I glad I didn't burn myself out last week farming boxes and treasure chests to get to 60% completion.

LOLCats

Banned
Can I just say how disappointed I am with the damn Tengu fan rep reward? I got it first thing this morning and not only do you have to equip it and use it from your "tool" hotkey, but you also can't use it in the air, and the 30% boost it gives is barely even noticeable. I wouldn't have noticed at all if it didn't have the leaf effect while it's active.

I don't know why, I thought it was going to be a boost while you were floating in the air like we had for that one glider event. Boy am I glad I didn't burn myself out last week farming boxes and treasure chests to get to 60% completion.
Thats lame... tbh i havnt even unlocked rep2 in Tengu.

i hate burning through all the content And like to save it for days that i can play for a few hours if i choose too.

separate topic;

question: why all the hype for baal?

Is there actual game play and skill leaks? Is it just cuz she is archon (which i dont give a shit about)?

Last edited:

Pejo

Thats lame... tbh i havnt even unlocked rep2 in Tengu.

i hate burning through all the content And like to save it for days that i can play for a few hours if i choose too.

separate topic;

question: why all the hype for baal?

Is there actual game play and skill leaks? Is it just cuz she is archon (which i dont give a shit about)?
It's a mix between sword booba, Archon, lore, and the precedent that past Archons are god-tier supports that are useful across many team compositions and seem unlikely to be powercrept. I posted a few vids of her skills a few pages back, she looks fun to play, easy to slot, and has electro reaction potential to be better than Fischl.

*edit* also, here are her stats, %'s, and descriptions, based on the most recent beta build. https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/char/shougun/?lang=EN

Just checked those, only 3 were new for me.

Still at 59% after getting those.
K8Tdx.gif
Back to water boxes!

Last edited:

Pejo

So I decided to take a quick break from farming talent books to get Zhongli a 4pc from the Millelith set since it's so damn good and is essentially giving him an entirely new passive. Boy now I see what you guys mean about Artifact grinding being absolute horseshit. I've run the dungeon 8 times now (with condensed resin for the 2x drop each time) and I still haven't even gotten 4/5 slots of the artifacts yet. I got like 6 helmets, 4 feathers, and a bunch from the Pale Flame set. That stuff will eventually be good for Eula, but her Gladiator set that I have is pretty great as far as substats, so I don't expect to be swapping them anytime soon.

Still, I just wanted something decent for the 4pc skill for Zhongli, but I can't even get 4 individual pieces. Man, fuck artifact grinding.

BlackM1st

Banned
Still, I just wanted something decent for the 4pc skill for Zhongli, but I can't even get 4 individual pieces. Man, fuck artifact grinding.
Um...Noelle and Geo Lord are probably 2 easiest heroes to farm artifacts for. Because they both love "bad" Def/HP rolls lol. Wait till you start building main DPS heroes Haha Getting the 4p is the EASIEST part. Try to level them up properly xD Also, goblet is like a special kind of BAD lol

Pejo

Um...Noelle and Geo Lord are probably 2 easiest heroes to farm artifacts for. Because they both love "bad" Def/HP rolls lol. Wait till you start building main DPS heroes Haha Getting the 4p is the EASIEST part. Try to level them up properly xD Also, goblet is like a special kind of BAD lol
I've actually got quite a few solid wanderer's/gladiator's goblets already for damage type for most of my characters, just by grinding so many bosses. I'm generally fine on those as long as that will always be my "off-set" piece of the 5. That definitely puts pressure on my sets to pretty much always not include goblet though, which kinda stinks. Regardless, after seeing how badly that went yesterday just trying to get a 4pc set for Zhongli, I can't imagine the hell for the next 2 years to get the rest of the sets. Like you said, Zhongli seems the easiest to build for, since HP, ER, and Geo Dmg seem to be the only stats he cares about as a support, which is why I thought I could get at least a 4pc set in a day with a total of like 300~ resin spent. Boy was I wrong. Lucky, out of the helmets and feathers I got, I did get 2 really good ones for him with HP and ER as the highest rolled substats, and HP main stat on the helmet, so that felt good. I'm definitely sticking with my wander's/glad sets after getting this one built out for Zhongli, then back to Talent books until that's done.

Remember this, guys? Some artist made a 3d model:
voHQ84v.jpg

Sick.
They basically just Baal'd her, but it does look good other than apparently cutting off her tits altogether. She's flatter than Hu Tao in that render. Wonder why they're being so slow with costumes. I'd have expected them to start churning them out for free $s.

BlackM1st

Banned
They basically just Baal'd her, but it does look good other than apparently cutting off her tits altogether
Yep, no justice for dem titties. Shaaame.

Wonder why they're being so slow with costumes. I'd have expected them to start churning them out for free $s.
Word. Looks like next skins are for Electric cat and Pyro chef. Personally I want a Kitsune masked skin for Ayaka. It's such a perfect fit for her. I dunno why MiHo hates masks so much. Xiao's mask is so cool, but he barely wears it.

Pejo

Yep, no justice for dem titties. Shaaame.

Word. Looks like next skins are for Electric cat and Pyro chef. Personally I want a Kitsune masked skin for Ayaka. It's such a perfect fit for her. I dunno why MiHo hates masks so much. Xiao's mask is so cool, but he barely wears it.
Where did you hear about Keqing and Xiangling costumes?

Saber

Gold Member

Totally true. My Noelle was the easiest of my team to build with loads of DEF%, DEF, HP% and HP. Too bad defense in this game is basically useless, but she can still make use of it thanks to her skills/talent scaling.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I've been trying my luck on the ending weapons banner, and walked out with a Skyward Spine (my third one) and a Lost Prayers.
Meaning I have 2/2 Fate points.

I'm about 15 pulls into hitting soft pity again but I won't invest money into this.

It feels biter sweet to be honest, since fate points don't even carry to the next banner.

Sad Pablo Escobar GIF by NETFLIX

Last edited:

Pejo

I've been trying my luck on the ending weapons banner, and walked out with a Skyward Spine (my third one) and a Lost Prayers.
Meaning I have 2/2 Fate points.

I'm about 15 pulls into hitting soft pity again but I won't invest money into this.

It feels biter sweet to be honest, since fate points don't even carry to next banner.
Wait the fate points don't carry from weapon banner to weapon banner?

Cringe Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Wait the fate points don't carry from weapon banner to weapon banner?

Cringe Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

No they don't, since you select a specific weapon you want to roll for on the banner that's currently up.

It's a shitty ass banner mechanic tailored for whales, after the shitshow that Homa + Wolfs Gravestone weapons banner was for some whales.

Last edited:

Pejo

Pejo Pejo

I can't believe they did her dirty by releasing Yoimiya today.

It's ok, they've basically set Yoimiya up to fail too. MHY just hates pyro bows I guess. At least they're both cute!

Lots of quality Amber fanart out there today at any rate. It's a good day.

Oh, also - for those that were disappointed about the red 6* backgrounds, apparently the red doesn't mean 6*, it's for Collab characters, so in this case Aloy is going to have the red background for her and her weapon etc.
6* worriers, you can relax. For NOW

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Skyward Spine (my third one) and a Lost Prayers.
Welp, at least Yae and Baal will have something to play with. R3 Spine should be amazing on Baal.

Isn't that, like, a billion months away? How come we (you) already know?
Yep. Still... Some kind of a festival definitely is coming for the 2nd city soon enough. We (me?) already saw render of the Electric Cat's signature sword.

Fuz

Banned
Test run is shit. Sooooooo boring.
Except for Sayu... she's actually quite fun! Her anemo roll is very cool.
They keep the tradition of anemo characters being the funniest to play.
I might decide to throw a few pulls for her... not sure.

Top Bottom