• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned

Fuz

Banned
IMO trade in is a scam. You're better off with using your bad artifacts to lvl up your good better ones lol
g8jl5.jpg

IMO trade in is a scam. You're better off with using your bad artifacts to lvl up your good better ones lol
There's no value in hoarding tons of trash artifacts. You're never going to get enough good artifacts to spend all that exp on. Exp is abundant, just from what you find in the open world and get from domains. On the flip side I was able to get a great set for Ganyu in just a few hours, which would have taken forever had I farmed them the normal way.

BlackM1st

Banned
On the flip side I was able to get a great set for Ganyu in just a few hours, which would have taken forever had I farmed them the normal way.
True. But my Cocogoat is complete already and I really need a more specific sets for my other heroes. As for having too much XP... I dunno man, I farm domains DAILY and I'm yet to hit the limit on storage. I need all the XP I can get because I have 5 wip heroes and 5 sets is ain't no joke. Maybe even more than 5 because I want to mix n match. Plus, min maxing never ends regardless and I may as well come back to older heroes to try and squeeze some more juice from their arts lol Good that you got lucky with your trade ins tho. Grats.

True. But my Cocogoat is complete already and I really need a more specific sets for my other heroes. As for having too much XP... I dunno man, I farm domains DAILY and I'm yet to hit the limit on storage. I need all the XP I can get because I have 5 wip heroes and 5 sets is ain't no joke. Maybe even more than 5 because I want to mix n match. Plus, min maxing never ends regardless and I may as well come back to older heroes to try and squeeze some more juice from their arts lol Good that you got lucky with your trade ins tho. Grats.
I've hit the max on artifact storage numerous times, forcing me to either sell or upgrade crappy ones. I never use 5 star artifacts as exp. The amount of green, blue and purple ones you get from domains and chests are enough to upgrade any good artifact you might get.

Really the only downside to the arti strongbox is that you can only get 4 different sets. Even so, they're very useful ones.

Fuz

Banned
Man, I'm playing Yanfei and when I idle

she never
shut
the fuck
up

I bloody hate her now.

Another good reason for not pulling for Yoimiya.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Without crit, crit dmg is kinda useless.
Crit rate you mean? On Ayaka? Hardly a problem. Get a second cryo into your party and add some water. Done. Free Crit rate. There's a reason why her sword is also Crit DMG instead of Rate. Just like her ascension is C DMG. Worst case scenario use a C rate headpiece, but I would still stick to a cryo resonance. Ayaka's C DMG numbers are simply ridiculous and I'm too greedy to give up on them and go with a rate hah

Pejo

Asmanthius wine tastes the same as I remember.....but where are those who share the memory.....

All of the idle chatter sucks, mostly because there's only 1-2 lines that they say. I don't know why they don't randomly go through the voice lines you get from friendship/ascension etc. I'd argue that most people never even listened to most of those even once. Why not spread it around a bit.

BlackM1st

Banned
Asmanthius wine tastes the same as I remember.....but where are those who share the memory.....

All of the idle chatter sucks, mostly because there's only 1-2 lines that they say. I don't know why they don't randomly go through the voice lines you get from friendship/ascension etc. I'd argue that most people never even listened to most of those even once. Why not spread it around a bit.
No thank you xD I play with Japanese VO and I quiet enjoy Cocogoat's and Ayaka's tender chatter. I don't want to hear mad ramblings from them which I even cannot understand xD I'd rather hear more cute noises from them or lovely humming. But that's on MiHo to add.

Pejo

No thank you xD I play with Japanese VO and I quiet enjoy Cocogoat's and Ayaka's tender chatter. I don't want to hear mad ramblings from them which I even cannot understand xD I'd rather hear more cute noises from them or lovely humming. But that's on MiHo to add.
Maybe a toggle for which lines you'd like them to say then? Idk.

Anyways, thought this was actually pretty funny.

Fake

The new artifact dungeon is quite easy. I used to farm art exp by doing the anemo art dungeon, but replace with this new dungeon.

LOLCats

Banned
Ah, welcome to the endgame content!

Yeah, yeah, that's exactly how it goes. My 6 months of farming for Klee's witch set can confirm it lol

yep did one trade in... was like hrm... 3 for 1 seems shit, and indeed shit is confirmed. never gonna do that again, gonna leave some hella bad feedback.

i would trade 3 to reroll a main-stat or substats.... but otherwise this trade in is super crappy

Last edited:

Pejo

Welp, now that all my characters are ascended to 81+, I decided to start leveling talents today. So much Mora and so many books.... Fuck.

I did a few runs of the domain for Zhongli's mats since it's up today and with a condensed resin I got 4 green and 4 blue books, at the highest level domain, after clearing it in like ~30 seconds.

Why do they make EVERYTHING such a shitty grind? It's just unsatisfying to spend that much resin and get what amounts to not even a level for a single talent, when each character has 3. The highest tier domain should guarantee at least 1 purple book per standard run, or 2 per condensed resin run.

Regardless, I got Chelde to 10/12/12, Eula to 9/9/7, Jean to 8/11/10, Zhongli to 7/9/9, and Ganyu to 8/5/5. Those were basically all with books I got from events that I haven't used. I still haven't used any of my crowns yet, we'll see when I feel like it. I have books leftover that none of them use, but I underestimated Mora cost of leveling talents, so I'm going to do them in order of importance.

At least I can safely skip the normal attack talents for all of my supports without affecting their gameplay literally at all. I can't imagine leveling up something like Xinyan, Beidou, or Barbara's normal attack talent unless I literally had nothing else to farm.

BlackM1st

Banned
Chelde to 10/12/12, Eula to 9/9/7, Jean to 8/11/10, Zhongli to 7/9/9, and Ganyu to 8/5/5. Those were basically all with books I got from events that I haven't used. I still haven't used any of my crowns yet, we'll see when I feel like it.
Easy:
Tart for his Ult
Geo Lord for his Pillar
Cocogoat for her charged shot

Each crowning costs 700k btw lol

did a few runs of the domain for Zhongli's mats since it's up today and with a condensed resin I got 4 green and 4 blue books,
6 c resin runs for Baal's talents. Not a single golden scroll lol

Saber

Gold Member
Anyways, thought this was actually pretty funny.

Damn, that cryo+electro mage as ambush is pure cancer.
Bonus on me since my characters ain't reactin to my button presses(sometimes I have to press 4 times before they do something).

BlackM1st

Banned
Smoldering Pearl's description is rather grim:

"...the universe teems with endless life...until the fated darkness shall one day descend and it all to naught."

Looks like a direct lore continuation/expansion. Same darkness is spoken about in PS exclusive sword/wings. Same cosmic horror that siblings are fighting/running from.

Fuz

Banned
I keep getting "A Small Step for Hilichurls" in Mondstadt every fucking day (accompanied by the temple one and the kimono shop dyes) even if i have my fucking commissions set to Inazuma.

BlackM1st

Banned
00kbavn465g71.jpg

ndvc7za3a5g71.jpg

Pretty big difference, as suspected.

Still shitty.
Still trash.

Damn, YMY quest is insufferable. Ayaka just cut some grass with the mistsplitter for an elderly couple D: What in actual fuck, who thought that it will make people pull for her? We had so much fun with Ayaka and now this? BTW YMY plays like garbage OMG. Hard pass.

LOLCats

Banned
Amazon prime twitch genshin code: PB7T5XUBD99V

you can only claim one of this type code, so if you already got and used a twitch code, dont bother.

This is single use, please reply once used

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Amazon prime twitch genshin code: PB7T5XUBD99V

you can only claim one of this type code, so if you already got and used a twitch code, dont bother.

This is single use, please reply once used
Says already in use.

i dont know why, but i thought Sayu was dendro... lol disappointed.
Dendro is supposed to be a very big deal. Probably the earliest we are gonna get it is when the Chasm finally opens.

Lupingosei

Banned
People like to bitch and moan about the VAs, but the English VA for Zhongli is by far the best. He has this certain gravitas you expect from the oldest god. The others just sound like some dude.

Also some others are great like QiQi for example, she also sounds like she is not really there. Some however are better in other languages, the fights between Venti and Paimon are probably the funniest in Japanese.

Fake

Nothing against English VA, but YMY VA is mix bag. Quite annoying in fact. IDK if they did this on porpuse. Sayu is not annoying, but the Japanese VA is superior to the char personality. Sayu English VA is so energetic in comparison with her Japanese VA, IDK if match up with her personality.

Maybe they're expending less money in English VA because no one cares? Who knows.

Last edited:
Top Bottom