• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
As expected, Inazuma has the best desing.

Except for that stupid archon.
And fox BOI is the only one with a naked belly. Makes no sense, as we just had Yanfei with the exposed torso.

Out of all them I like the archer one the most. Gurl next to her is a literall fish/mermaid lmao, pass.

Pejo

And fox BOI is the only one with a naked belly. Makes no sense, as we just had Yanfei with the exposed torso.

Out of all them I like the archer one the most. Gurl next to her is a literall fish/mermaid lmao, pass.
I love this design. Our first new Hydro since Chelde.

*edit*

mf3avsg2pv371.jpg

I kind of like her. It's good for a hydro character.

Wait, how?
Edit: oh, ok I saw it now. Weird, boring choice.
The image has the character models, and then an icon for their element and weapon. Not a single sword so far outside of Kazuha.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Klee's banner. All the 4* characters are C6 for me but I want to try for C1 Klee. Not sure whether to try or leave it. Is her C1 worth it?

t58ws3i6pr371.jpg

FUDGE!!!!!!
I would have at least wanted one character that wasn’t c6.
I want to roll on Klee (in the same boat as you…would love ANY constellation) but I am going to be wasting those pulls on collecting star glitter.

Fuz

Banned
So... I want to pull Kazuha but I also want Yoimiya. Do we already know when she will be released?

BlackM1st

Banned
So... I want to pull Kazuha but I also want Yoimiya. Do we already know when she will be released?
No. It depends. Will Tanuki girl will be a banner hero or a freebie? Will she be released together with a rerun hero or as a partner for the new 5☆ hero? It's all depends on Tanuki imo. Either way I think that Ayaka will be on the 2nd banner. So YMY can be on the 1st one, before Ayaka.

Fake

If I would guess probably 1.7 with the new country.

In fact, the Genshin Impact twitter account reveal (leak) those chars at once, so is very possible they're from this new country as a part of the country addition.

Not saying will be a banner, but they could show up into the main story.

Ayaka is definitely going to be 1.7 Banner, yeah?

I guess so, is she the raiden assistence?

Last edited:
I expect Ayaka to be the first character on the banner in 1.7 (or 2.0, whatever they end up calling the next update) and Yoimiya to be second. People have been waiting on Ayaka since the beginning. They're gonna spend all their gems and money on what will end up being a mediocre unit, and then BAM there's Yoimiya who's gonna be a powerhouse. That's Mihoyo trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of their players. That's my totally unbiased prediction.

Pejo

My guess is Klee -> Kazuha -> Yoimiya -> Ayaka.

I think one of the leaks last week mentioned Yoimiya being the first Inazuma banner, but who knows if that's even decided by MHY yet.

Fuz

Banned
I expect Ayaka to be the first character on the banner in 1.7 (or 2.0, whatever they end up calling the next update) and Yoimiya to be second. People have been waiting on Ayaka since the beginning. They're gonna spend all their gems and money on what will end up being a mediocre unit, and then BAM there's Yoimiya who's gonna be a powerhouse. That's Mihoyo trying to squeeze as much money as possible out of their players. That's my totally unbiased prediction.
That would be great for me.

BlackM1st

Banned
That would be great for me.
not happening fox tv GIF by Gotham

Just daughter of the Kamisato Clan's Yashiro Commission.
Just a loyal slave to the almighty God of Eternity.
storm front GIF

Yeah. No connection. Nada. Who do you think is responsible for the internal affairs/atrocities in the kingdom if not the Kamisato clan?
200.gif

Sure they can be held hostage and be just a powerless pawns, but that doesn't change the fact that technically she's Inazuma's princess. She's probably directly responding to the Raiden shogun and by default has lots of blood of the innocents on her hands. Doesn't matter if she actually spilled any.

IMO saying that they're not connected/has no ties is like saying that Ninng had no connection to the Geo Lord hah. Actually MiHo botched her character/story so much... Freaking funeral parlor teen girl got more respect/attention than 2nd in command Ninng. Cocogoat's role was also way downplayed and now she's just a sleepy milking meme. Not like I'm against her current status, but both girls deserve much more respect/credibility story wise than MiHo was willing to give them.

Not like I'm against her current status, but both girls deserve much more respect/credibility story wise than MiHo was willing to give them.
In a way I like that they don't just have characters important to the story/lore be powerful 5 stars, but on the other hand it is kinda weird how some key figures are swept aside in favor of actual nobodies.

Saber

Gold Member
My guess is Klee -> Kazuha -> Yoimiya -> Ayaka.

I think one of the leaks last week mentioned Yoimiya being the first Inazuma banner, but who knows if that's even decided by MHY yet.

I'm guessing Ayaka will come sooner than Yoimiya, because Ayaka was already long in the game so theres no mystery in her kit/gameplay(unless they changed). Yoimiya on the other hand is a first timer.

Tower defense is coming back, 10 maps this time.

Angry Chicken GIF by happydog

Fucking hell.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

not happening fox tv GIF by Gotham

Just a loyal slave to the almighty God of Eternity.
storm front GIF

Yeah. No connection. Nada. Who do you think is responsible for the internal affairs/atrocities in the kingdom if not the Kamisato clan?
200.gif

Sure they can be held hostage and be just a powerless pawns, but that doesn't change the fact that technically she's Inazuma's princess. She's probably directly responding to the Raiden shogun and by default has lots of blood of the innocents on her hands. Doesn't matter if she actually spilled any.

IMO saying that they're not connected/has no ties is like saying that Ninng had no connection to the Geo Lord hah. Actually MiHo botched her character/story so much... Freaking funeral parlor teen girl got more respect/attention than 2nd in command Ninng. Cocogoat's role was also way downplayed and now she's just a sleepy milking meme. Not like I'm against her current status, but both girls deserve much more respect/credibility story wise than MiHo was willing to give them.
I thought Inazuma operates under the belief of different kami in the land so I assumed shrines dedicated were entirely separate. Of course, since she's a main character you're probably right that the Kamisato Clan has direct ties to Raiden.

Pejo

In a way I like that they don't just have characters important to the story/lore be powerful 5 stars, but on the other hand it is kinda weird how some key figures are swept aside in favor of actual nobodies.
Don't get me wrong, I actually love Eula after playing around with her for a while, but she was dropped as a literal who in the Mondstadt story. Not a single mention of her or her family before the patch. Now apparently she was there all along just out doing stuff. That's just how it's gonna be, unfortunately.

I was wondering if somebody was going to remake this old classic, and they did, with Klee:

BlackM1st

Banned
Word. Sad, but true. And they had the whole 2nd city story ark to make both girls work and establish them as the real power duo before the avalanche of the new heroes. Instead we visited Ninng's office once and saw exactly 1 shot of brooding Cocogoat in the background.

Pejo

Word. Sad, but true. And they had the whole 2nd city story ark to make both girls work and establish them as the real power duo before the avalanche of the new heroes. Instead we visited Ninng's office once and saw exactly 1 shot of brooding Cocogoat in the background.
Ganyu, for me at least, was one of the most boring character stories too. "I can't fit in with humans. Oh, now that we beat some bandits and stuff I guess I can try to fit in."

YukiOnna

Don't get me wrong, I actually love Eula after playing around with her for a while, but she was dropped as a literal who in the Mondstadt story. Not a single mention of her or her family before the patch. Now apparently she was there all along just out doing stuff. That's just how it's gonna be, unfortunately.

I was wondering if somebody was going to remake this old classic, and they did, with Klee:

kgmyUoj.png

crumbs

Ganyu, for me at least, was one of the most boring character stories too. "I can't fit in with humans. Oh, now that we beat some bandits and stuff I guess I can try to fit in."

What are you talking about? Collecting taxes from small business owners was an edge of your seat thrill ride! It was right up there with fighting a dragon or battling a gigantic sea monster. :messenger_expressionless:

Fake

Kind of interesting she's against what the Shogun's actions have brought going by the stream when she was describing Inazuma.

That's a good plot to be explore. Japan tradition and honor are quite good to be used. Ayaka maybe wants to respect her family tradition, but if the lore about this Anchor be true as Zhongli said, perhaps Baal is overturning traditions and imposing authoritarianism.

I actually more curious about
why Kazuha is wanted... maybe he refused to give his vision

YukiOnna

That's a good plot to be explore. Japan tradition and honor are quite good to be used. Ayaka maybe wants to respect her family tradition, but if the lore about this Anchor be true as Zhongli said, perhaps Baal is overturning traditions and imposing authoritarianism.

Hopefully Chapter 2 Story in 1.6 and his Character Story sheds light on that?

Pejo

Regarding your spoiler, they straight up show you why in his story 2D cutscene thing that leaked a week or so ago.
After his friend lost a duel with Sara (on behalf of Baal), Kazuha stole the vision and sword and ran away with them. The vision lost power when his friend died at the hands of Baal's ultimate move. Baal is trying to collect all of the electro visions, so that would make him an enemy.

Top Bottom