• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

Hmm, some interesting characters coming down the pipe. I was already planning on skipping both 1.6 banners since I already have Klee and Kazuha doesn't look remotely interesting, so this doesn't change things for me in the immediate future.

Now it comes down to adding another cryo, electro, or pyro character. A lot will come down to how they play and when they actually release. I don't need another pyro carry, but Yoimiya's design and kit are appealing.

Pejo

FJVBjPg.jpg

ad2ssHx.jpg

"Eh" worthy design, but hey... You just can't go wrong with feudal Japan, so she's kinda a must pull anyway. Damn you Inazuma!
What in the what???? She looks like an NPC. I mean it's not BAD per se, but...that's it? I half expected her to have a sheathed sword as part of her default outfit, regardless of weapon type. Idk why.

So Ayaka I think was married into that clan in the beta before the game released. They must have reconsidered to preserve waifu factor.

Yoimiya looks NOTHING like I expected, but looks great all the same. She's definitely the yang to Kazuha, in that she looks like Lumine (but not) to his Aether (but not). Since the design leaks were so off, hopefully her kit leak was also off and she IS a 5* pyro support. Crossing my fingers on the future 1.7 beta leaks.

Sayu will be the first non-pyro/cryo female we've gotten since the game launched. Anemo Claymore. Wonder what the little girl claymore animations are going to look like. I bet they do a good job with the animations. Also, confirmed tanunki, so does that mean she turns into a statue or something?

Last edited:

Pejo

Interesting comment regarding Baal in the leaks thread:

This is the most copium of tinfoil, but it's possible the "Raiden Shogun" model being leaked by Lumie here is a body double/not the real Raiden Shogun.

We already know from Scaramouche and Raiden lore in the live game that the Raiden Archon seems to be interested in bodies (more specifically, cloning bodies, with Scaramouch being a failed clone since he had a peepee).

An older leak from Uncles from way back in 1.1 said revealed that miHoYo actually rewrote the story for Inazuma. In the original Inazuma plot, players would find out late in Inazuma's Archon Quest that the "Baal" they'd been interacting with the whole time was a fake and that the real Baal had already died. The rest of the questline deals with finding a replacement Electro Archon. One of the candidates is Ayaka.

Raiden Shogun's design plain makes sense in the original plot, because she literally was meant to be a NPC, a fake. Perhaps in the rewritten story she fufills her purpose to distract Fatui and La Signora

If we combine elements of the old rewritten plot and the clone theory, then it's more than possible that this plain Raiden is a fake, and the real Archon is yet to even make it into Inazuma's 1.7 storyline.

*edit*

LMAO, some guy pointed out that she has "Dead mom hair"

EEdYjO2UUAAAqvS.jpg

Last edited:

Fake

Looks close to the
Lapix faking death so I kinda agree they drop this version of lore.

Last edited:

Fake

Finally a new glider. I still waiting the KFC glider they promisse to bring besides locking into that KFC China thing.

New enemy = reskin old enemy

New Glider:

5iv3xuo3cu371.jpg

New enemy

5fzoy042du371.png

Hydro Cicin Mage, looks better than Baal lol

I wish they add bonus effect for special gliders later on. Like some gliders glide faster, some can soar up and button press, a boost function etc. like we got temporarily for the events.

Still waiting for signora, but yoimiya looks good.
I like a good Shimenawa incorporation in a design, it looks good and it probably means she's very cheerful/energetic -or/and- that's she's the top dog power wise in Inazuma; probably only second to the Archon.

Pejo

Inazuma map in comparison to what we have now. Looks quite a bit smaller with all that dead water space.

dwys4zyjgu371.png

*edit*

Music team nailing it again, Inazuma world theme:

*edit 2*

New Geo Bow character - here come the furries

Last edited:

Fake

This is the content I want. New country with new god, chests, workship, chars from this new country, etc...

Pejo

As long as there's a decent amount of content, I'm not too worried about the size of the map. Liyue is pretty big, but it has a lot of filler areas that weren't that rewarding to explore.
True, I'm also hoping there are lots of caves and underground areas to explore too. Dragonspine is actually much bigger than the map shows since there's a whole underground section and the mountain top etc. Inazuma seems to have a lot of vertical segments, so it'd be nice if they use the underground there too. Keep in mind though how long it took them to get from Liyue to Inazuma. I don't know if those islands are enough to hold us for 6 months to a year.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Music sounds cool to me. Very climatic.

New Glider:

5iv3xuo3cu371.jpg

New enemy

5fzoy042du371.png

Hydro Cicin Mage, looks better than Baal lol

To be completelly honetst, I think my main gripe with Baal is that she have tied her hair in the model, when she has her long hair in the custcene(I believe sounds more manacing and fitting).
But I for one like this new enemy. The glider looks cool too.

Last edited:

Pejo

Music sounds cool to me. Very climatic.

To be completelly honetst, I think my main gripe with Baal is that she have tied her hair in the model, when she has her long hair in the custcene(I believe sounds more manacing and fitting).
But I for one like this new enemy. The glider looks cool too.
She might unfurl it for her Burst. Would look cool as fuck with time stop which she supposedly has.

So looks like Saku does Tanuki transform. Character splash art confirms it (tap right for Ayaka and Yoimiya's splash art):

Last edited:

Pejo

If she ever do that, then she would be redeemed.
Agreed.

Yae Sakura full model:

x4xz772yvu371.jpg

*edit*

Sara (that bobcut girl we see the silhouette of in Kazuha's story video).

It looks like she is Electro sword, so maybe Baal still unconfirmed for sword?
r31abchq6v371.png

*edit 2*

Weapon leaks:

Claymore:
4b0slayn9v371.png

o5flw2k32v371.png

756qmlxx1v371.png

l37plgbo1v371.png

wyar6cts1v371.png

Last edited:

crumbs

True, I'm also hoping there are lots of caves and underground areas to explore too. Dragonspine is actually much bigger than the map shows since there's a whole underground section and the mountain top etc. Inazuma seems to have a lot of vertical segments, so it'd be nice if they use the underground there too. Keep in mind though how long it took them to get from Liyue to Inazuma. I don't know if those islands are enough to hold us for 6 months to a year.

That's a good point. If Inazuma drops near the end of July, we're talking about 10 months from release and nearly 8 months since Dragonspire. I don't know what a realistic release schedule would look like, but seems like new regions and sub-regions need to be dropping with more frequency if they want to hold their audience.

I'm looking forward to the Inazuma content, but it would be wise for the miHoYo to provide even the roughest of road maps for future content, at least in terms of new regions. I understand they would probably never do that, but they've burned through a lot good will and patience with the last 3 filler updates. A little transparency would go a long way into building back some trust that we're not entering another long-ass drought of content after Inazuma.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Agreed.

Yae Sakura full model:

x4xz772yvu371.jpg

*edit*

Sara (that bobcut girl we see the silhouette of in Kazuha's story video).

It looks like she is Electro sword, so maybe Baal still unconfirmed for sword?
r31abchq6v371.png

*edit 2*

Weapon leaks:

Claymore:
4b0slayn9v371.png

o5flw2k32v371.png

756qmlxx1v371.png

l37plgbo1v371.png

wyar6cts1v371.png
Fuck my life, Inazuma is gonna be fucking expensive, my God...

So looks like Saku does Tanuki transform
Did you forgot? She was said to transform into a ball and roll without using stamina.

Pejo

Fuck my life, Inazuma is gonna be fucking expensive, my God...

Did you forgot? She was said to transform into a ball and roll without using stamina.
Yea. I'm really interested in Yoimiya and Sara at the least. I hope some of these characters are 4*, they can't keep dropping so many limited 5*s.

Regarding Sayu/Saku, leaks can go any which way, so I'm just happy that she can transform and has a new mechanic. AND isn't pyro or cryo.

crumbs

I haven't been following too closely and I don't play Honkai, but what element is Yae Sakura expected to be? Or is this yet to be revealed?

YukiOnna

You still trying to stay strong and avoid Inazuma spoilers? Because wow, big news day.
I saw Raiden, Yae's model and heard the BGM. That is the extent of what I saw and I am desperately searching for the Katana lmao. I am a bit worried Baal looks nothing like the silhouette (furisode + straight hair) in the animated trailer nor a "Tyrant"... I hope that's an old model or something.

Pejo

I saw Raiden, Yae's model and heard the BGM. That is the extent of what I saw and I am desperately searching for the Katana lmao. I am a bit worried Baal looks nothing like the silhouette (furisode + straight hair) in the animated trailer nor a "Tyrant"... I hope that's an old model or something.
Look at post 8669, the weapons are in there.

Pejo

I haven't been following too closely and I don't play Honkai, but what element is Yae Sakura expected to be? Or is this yet to be revealed?
You don't really see her Vision (unless it's her earring) which is Purple. Sara, however, you definitely see the Vision and is also Electro. I could see them making Sara an Electro Sword and Yae an Electro Bow considering the leaked 5* weapons, but who knows.

crumbs

Quick summary of the new Inazuma characters rendered.

Mimi lives, now as Kokomi! Fucking HYPED.
8zey284vbv371.jpg

Not sure why, but I'm digging the Sara design. Also, Yoimiya is competing with Fischl for the most asymmetrical design elements on one character.

Also, is Kokomi the same as the leaked Lumine look-alike character from earlier? If yes, it does look like they tweaked her hair to make her look more distinct.

Last edited:

Pejo

Not sure why, but I'm digging the Sara design. Also, Yoimiya is competing with Fischl for the most asymmetrical design elements on one character.

Also, is Kokomi the same as the leaked Lumine look-alike character from earlier? If yes, it does look like they tweaked her hair to make her look more distinct.
Yea she had a bigger bow and more Lumine looking hair. I love the redesign. Keeps enough from the old one but makes her look more "Inazuma". If she's 4*, even better!

Top Bottom