• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

Also, don't forget double talent books for the next 5 days, 3x a day.

This double XP talent book event would have been better had they allowed you to choose (at least for the three double XP opportunities each day) the talent books you wanted to farm everyday, not just Sunday.

I actually don't think about farming the talent books for now. I stopped farming artifacts for quite a while so I could farm other materials. I have at least 200+ blue books of every type, not even considering that I can convert the green ones too, plus Xingxiu talent. I haven't been having enough time to farm mobs and am doing events generally on the last few days so I don't have to deal with time-gates. The worst part is that I actually need some good artifacts aside from my main team and a few other DPS units. The only thing holding me from leveling up some units to higher levels is mora, 20 million isn't enough to make a dent on ascending them and level up talents. I need to stop half-assing things hahaha. I didn't even touch the abyss from past rotation.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
The shop wishes gave me a Jean. I guess Mihoyo wants to sell me her skin ?

Well, at least I won't need a Kazuha now. So many characters to build, time to go into saving mode until Baal.
Jean is low key the most versatile character currently in the game, congrats. She was one of my first to Friendship 10, and I'd still be using her daily if not for that. That's one of the reasons I was bummed out that her skin was so shitty.

Fake

Today I finally hit 12 floor.

084.png

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
many characters to build
Well, you can drop Barbie and say FU to Anemo traveler. Some nice initial savings. Grats man. And don't even think about friendship levels. They're useless and besides you will be able to raise friendship via teapot, so just forget about it.

Exentryk

In terms of story progress, I've completed the Raptor quest. Since then, I've just been exploring the world and unlocking the fast travel points and doing any activities that I'm coming across. Trying not to rush through the main quest as people have mentioned this is the best content and there isn't much to do after that apart from farming stuff.

I love how the world is filled with small puzzles and activities. Came across a sealed area which has a treasure chest, and it requires beating some hilichurl camps to unlock the seal. One of the camps requires beating the enemies within a time limit, so it's going to finally make me optimize my team slightly (my current Barb+Lisa dps setup isn't ideal as the starting enemies are hydro+electro slimes). I've only tried this while playing on mobile phone, so could still do it with my current team once I play on the pc.

Talking about mobile, really pleased by how this full scale RPG runs on the phone. Very playable, even with the touchscreen controls. It's definitely harder with touchscreen, as my fingers cover the screen trying to move the camera and run, while also trying to see the enemies. But it's not so bad with my dps team since they auto-target and deal about 100+ damage with electro-charged to multiple enemies, so battles are fairly easy. I've checked the damage from melt and vaporize as well, and that also seems to be in the same 100+ range, but these effects are harder for my team to use as I only have Amber as the pyro user. Current party is around level 12-19.

Ladioss

Jean is low key the most versatile character currently in the game, congrats. She was one of my first to Friendship 10, and I'd still be using her daily if not for that. That's one of the reasons I was bummed out that her skin was so shitty.
And her design is classy, one of my favorite character design-wise with Beidou - and I already have a Flute sleeping somewhere in my inventory. Would be fun to have her ready in time for the summer event.

Well, you can drop Barbie and say FU to Anemo traveler. Some nice initial savings. Grats man. And don't even think about friendship levels. They're useless and besides you will be able to raise friendship via teapot, so just forget about it.

I haven't used Traveller for weeks now, since I switched over to Razor - and later to Eula. I just raised Eula's talents to 6/5/6 today thanks to the event, and finalled dropped a full somewhat workable Pale Flame set from the domains : she is shaping up quite nicely, especially when combined with a Lisa with Thrilling Tales.

Haven't used Barbara since I pulled Zhongli :messenger_tongue:

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
In terms of story progress, I've completed the Raptor quest. Since then, I've just been exploring the world and unlocking the fast travel points and doing any activities that I'm coming across. Trying not to rush through the main quest as people have mentioned this is the best content and there isn't much to do after that apart from farming stuff.

I love how the world is filled with small puzzles and activities. Came across a sealed area which has a treasure chest, and it requires beating some hilichurl camps to unlock the seal. One of the camps requires beating the enemies within a time limit, so it's going to finally make me optimize my team slightly (my current Barb+Lisa dps setup isn't ideal as the starting enemies are hydro+electro slimes). I've only tried this while playing on mobile phone, so could still do it with my current team once I play on the pc.

Talking about mobile, really pleased by how this full scale RPG runs on the phone. Very playable, even with the touchscreen controls. It's definitely harder with touchscreen, as my fingers cover the screen trying to move the camera and run, while also trying to see the enemies. But it's not so bad with my dps team since they auto-target and deal about 100+ damage with electro-charged to multiple enemies, so battles are fairly easy. I've checked the damage from melt and vaporize as well, and that also seems to be in the same 100+ range, but these effects are harder for my team to use as I only have Amber as the pyro user. Current party is around level 12-19.
Yep, that's prime Genshin Impact right there. Enjoy that time and savor it.

Somehow my gf exclusively plays on mobile and she loves it and managed to get to floor 9 of Abyss (endgame grind). I have logged in on Mobile for simple stuff and burning resin now and then, but boy I hate every second with the mobile controls when you see how well it controls on PC with a gamepad or M+KB.

One thing that they did that really helps mobile players but doesn't necessarily hurt PC/PS players, is have enemies "stand up" quickly when attacked after a knockdown. So in other words if you hit a Hilichurl and he falls back/down, he will be slow to get up and resume his attack, unless you combo or hit him. In that case, they immediately stand back up and are able to act again. For mobile players it's nice because you don't have to rush every target and can take time setting up your next attacks since mobile character controls are...iffy. On PC, you can just keep wailing away and dodging and it feels very fast paced, but it prevents them from strictly being punching bags.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
In my opinion what you're doing now is the best content in the game. Exploring the world, uncovering secrets and finding treasures is the most fun you'll have in the game. I don't care much for the story, and most quests aren't anything special, but that's gonna differ from person to person.

I will recommend you try to achieve Adventure Rank 12 ASAP as this gives access to daily commissions, which allows you to get 60 primogems every day. It's the primary way to obtain more currency for gacha rolls. There's also a chance that future limited (story) events are only available to people who've progressed to a certain point in the story. For that reason I wouldn't put off quests and story progression too much.

Don't forget to use your resin in ley lines and domains either. Resin, and the items you can farm with it is very valuable. You should never be maxed out on resin, so use it on anything before it gets to that point. You can see the amount of resin you currently have on the top right of the map screen. It regenerates automatically over time, so no need to worry about what you spend it on too much yet. All of that stuff'll be useful at some point.

People might've told you all this already, but I hope it helps.

BlackM1st

Banned
I will recommend you try to achieve Adventure Rank 12 ASAP as this gives access to daily commissions, which allows you to get 60 primogems every day. It's the primary way to obtain more currency for gacha rolls. There's also a chance that future limited (story) events are only available to people who've progressed to a certain point in the story. For that reason I wouldn'
This.

Exentryk

In my opinion what you're doing now is the best content in the game. Exploring the world, uncovering secrets and finding treasures is the most fun you'll have in the game. I don't care much for the story, and most quests aren't anything special, but that's gonna differ from person to person.

I will recommend you try to achieve Adventure Rank 12 ASAP as this gives access to daily commissions, which allows you to get 60 primogems every day. It's the primary way to obtain more currency for gacha rolls. There's also a chance that future limited (story) events are only available to people who've progressed to a certain point in the story. For that reason I wouldn't put off quests and story progression too much.

Don't forget to use your resin in ley lines and domains either. Resin, and the items you can farm with it is very valuable. You should never be maxed out on resin, so use it on anything before it gets to that point. You can see the amount of resin you currently have on the top right of the map screen. It regenerates automatically over time, so no need to worry about what you spend it on too much yet. All of that stuff'll be useful at some point.

People might've told you all this already, but I hope it helps.
I'm already AR 12 or 13 I think. And those purple exclamation marks did prop up after that. Think I did one of those quests so far. I'll try to keep doing those a little more regularly, since they seem to be quick. But I don't want them to feel like work, so will see how it goes. A better option I feel would be rather than getting x rewards for daily quests, have a function such that if you play once a week you get x+7 rewards for playing once a week. So it would be the same thing as playing every day vs playing once every week. It's a much more feasible option for some people.

Regarding resin, I've only been using it for leylines (Not sure what else can use it. But not using it that often, so I'm usually maxed out at 160/160 more often than not.) Will try to do these more often.

Thanks.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I'm already AR 12 or 13 I think. And those purple exclamation marks did prop up after that. Think I did one of those quests so far. I'll try to keep doing those a little more regularly, since they seem to be quick. But I don't want them to feel like work, so will see how it goes.
There's 4 commissions every day for you to complete. You can find them and navigate to them through the adventurers' handbook (or just look for them on the map). Each completed commission gives 10 primogems, and after you've completed them all you can report back to the adventurer's guild desk to get an additional 20 primogems.

I understand your concerns about them feeling like work, and I agree with your suggestions, but the developers want you to come back and play every day to keep you engaged and invested. That's how they make money. Ultimately it's up to you how you play. Maybe you don't care as much about getting new characters or maximizing the ones you already have. Maybe you'll just stop playing when you've enjoyed the best parts the game has to offer, and that wouldn't be a bad choice. But if you're in this for the long haul, there will come a time where you'll wish you'd done those commissions more diligently.

Anyway, don't take what I say too seriously. They're just suggestions. Most of us here are pretty hardcore when it comes to this game.

BlackM1st

Banned
Think I did one of those quests so far. I'll try to keep doing those a little more regularly, since they seem to be quick. But I don't want them to feel like work
Birthday Pop GIF by Malaea

Yeah, we'll see about that. Come back later haha hah... ha... ;_;

been using it for leylines (Not sure what else can use it
jennifer lawrence everything GIF

not using it that often, so I'm usually maxed out at 160/160
Memes aside, all you need to do is to start following the adventurer book and work on your battle pass. It's crucial to complete your dailies/daily battle pass missions. And yes... It's a second job. There's no other way to describe it. But. It's either this or buying gems for real $$$. Eventually you will start to complete your dailies in 15 minutes or so, so you better get used to it asap.

It's a much more feasible option for some people.
Sundays are reserved for that. Kinda. But not really. On Sundays you will be able to choose what domains to do instead of being locked to 1 option. So usually people with less time saving up condensed resin (up to 5) and use it on Sundays.

Pejo

Gold Member
So a few new infos about the upcoming 1.7 beta test. miHoYo is apparently tired of character leaks, so they're only having internal employees test 5* characters for the time being. They are also breaking up the beta for Inazuma and having one group of players test out exploration, one group testing combat changes (apparently electro is getting adjusted after all), another group testing new housing stuff, etc.

A few known leakers (what a title to have) are saying that
Yoimiya's design is a combination of Kikyo (Inuyasha), Moroha (Yashahime), and Kaguya (kuroinu) - ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), so expect sexy shrine maiden in red/white with jet black hair. I don't think we've seen a black haired character yet, surprisingly. I guess Mona is the closest.

Fuz

Banned
Not sure where I've read it, but apparently Ayaka is right after Kazuha. Dunno if true or fake.

So, you might or might not want to save.

Last edited:

crumbs

I've been redoing the artifacts for Keqing and Fischl, with a shift to electro damage, so any electro buff is welcome. Although I could end up feeling pretty dumb if they release that rumored new electro artifact set and it ends up being better than Thundering Fury. :messenger_neutral:

Speaking of that, I'm leaning toward a 4 piece TF on Fischl and a 2 piece TF and 2 piece Gladiator on Keqing, with electro damage cups on both. This seems to be the recommended electro sets, but I was wondering if the 4 piece TF on Keqing would be worth it? I used both these characters for during early & mid-game content, so their artifacts were mostly 4 star Gladiator & Wanders Troupe. It's been unexpectedly interesting re-building characters that had seen prior use with a different build and seeing how they fit with newer team comps.

Pejo

Gold Member
I've been redoing the artifacts for Keqing and Fischl, with a shift to electro damage, so any electro buff is welcome. Although I could end up feeling pretty dumb if they release that rumored new electro artifact set and it ends up being better than Thundering Fury. :messenger_neutral:

Speaking of that, I'm leaning toward a 4 piece TF on Fischl and a 2 piece TF and 2 piece Gladiator on Keqing, with electro damage cups on both. This seems to be the recommended electro sets, but I was wondering if the 4 piece TF on Keqing would be worth it? I used both these characters for during early & mid-game content, so their artifacts were mostly 4 star Gladiator & Wanders Troupe. It's been unexpectedly interesting re-building characters that had seen prior use with a different build and seeing how they fit with newer team comps.
I guess it depends on how you're using Keqing, but if you spam her burst a lot (which you probably should for the crit buffs), she might be better with 2pc TF and 2pc Noblesse. I don't want to say too much though because I haven't farmed a single artifact on purpose yet, so I'm mainly using Gladiator/Wanderer's on every single character that I own.

BlackM1st

Banned
4 piece TF on Keqing would be worth it?
It's already worth it. If you have any decent support for her, she will do just fine. Not 12-3 fine, but damn fine. But yeah, I wouldn't farm or upgrade current electric arts before Inazuma's release. Not like we need her rn. Electric cat can warm a bench just a little longer. With Inazuma's release and re-balanced Elemental Mastery we will finally have a clear picture of what to expect from Electro DMG.

Pejo

Gold Member
Might be relevant to your interests, Genshin will come to EGS June 9'th.

Spider Man Lol GIF

Wouldn't touch EGS with a 10 mile pole. For a game with a free PC launcher already (and likely will still have to use it anyways).

Man I hate everything about Epic lately except their engine.

*edit*

The replies to that tweet are wild, not one of them commenting on the EGS stuff, but mostly begging for rerun banners. This one gave me a chuckle:

hCgypXD.png

Last edited:

crumbs

I guess it depends on how you're using Keqing, but if you spam her burst a lot (which you probably should for the crit buffs), she might be better with 2pc TF and 2pc Noblesse. I don't want to say too much though because I haven't farmed a single artifact on purpose yet, so I'm mainly using Gladiator/Wanderer's on every single character that I own.

It's already worth it. If you have any decent support for her, she will do just fine. Not 12-3 fine, but damn fine. But yeah, I wouldn't farm or upgrade current electric arts before Inazuma's release. Not like we need her rn. Electric cat can warm a bench just a little longer. With Inazuma's release and re-balanced Elemental Mastery we will finally have a clear picture of what to expect from Electro DMG.

Yeah, I think I'll hold off on the Thundering Fury Domain until we get more info on the potential electro buffs and rumored electro artifact set. I'll shift and start farming the Noblesse domain since I have a decent number of characters that could use that set.

Pejo

Gold Member
Almost out of recipes to buy from our little fat feathered friend. Hope it's enough to get to rank 10, otherwise I guess we wait for more furniture from events and stuff? I'm 2/3 to rank 10 right now, so I'm sure it'll get me there or at least really close.

Mimi Tomo event ended with a fart. Not even a final cutscene with Ella and a Hilichurl being friends or a big surprise boss. What the hell is MHY doing with all of that fucking money?

Fuz

Banned
Almost out of recipes to buy from our little fat feathered friend. Hope it's enough to get to rank 10, otherwise I guess we wait for more furniture from events and stuff? I'm 2/3 to rank 10 right now, so I'm sure it'll get me there or at least really close.
Someone on reddit was on rank 10, so I assume it's enough.

What the hell is MHY doing with all of that fucking money?
They're using it to write cutscenes where we have to imagine the animations.

Last edited:

crumbs

Someone on reddit was on rank 10, so I assume it's enough.

They're using it to write cutscenes where we have to imagine the animations.

Aren't there blueprints gated behind the $15 battle pass. I really hope those aren't necessary to get to Lvl10, that would be a dick move.

I'm at Lvl 9 and about half way to 10, but I think I only have 2 star blueprints left to buy. I've already bought all the blueprints from the 2 sellers in Mondstadt and Liyue.

Animals and landscape rocks don't count toward the trust rank, right? Those seem to be the only things on sale from the traveling salesbird.

BlackM1st

Banned
What the hell is MHY doing with all of that fucking money?
scrooge mcduck 80s GIF

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Mimi Tomo event ended with a fart.
Like 90% of other "events" lmao

Just look what happened to the Ice Mountain. It's completely abandoned and forgotten. I wonder if same thing will happen to the archipelago or even worse as I heard some wild rumors that archipelago will be a time limited area...

Saber

Gold Member
We all shall write "stop swimming in that money and do something" in our next feedback.

Mimi Tomo event ended with a fart. Not even a final cutscene with Ella and a Hilichurl being friends or a big surprise boss. What the hell is MHY doing with all of that fucking money?

I think I'm almost at 10, rest about 4 recipes I guess.

Last edited:

Fake

I wish I could understand this mentality. As you rank increase, you open more space to make more itens?

Almost reaching max lvl and less itens to make.

Pejo

Gold Member
Like 90% of other "events" lmao

Just look what happened to the Ice Mountain. It's completely abandoned and forgotten. I wonder if same thing will happen to the archipelago or even worse as I heard some wild rumors that archipelago will be a time limited area...
Yea archipelago is limited time. That preview video even shows that it rises from the ocean for the duration of the event, and will likely sink back down after it's over. Don't want to spoil us with too much content I guess.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yea archipelago is limited time. That preview video even shows that it rises from the ocean for the duration of the event, and will likely sink back down after it's over. Don't want to spoil us with too much content I guess.
LOLWUT. Same idioticy as time limited map decorations in the Overwatch, ahaha. Welp, better be ready and don't relax even during your vacation. Grind and race against time never stops lmao

Top Bottom