• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 5 |OT| Rev Up The Lancers, Its Showtime!

GymWolf

Got my early physical copy. Finished the campaign. It was a blast. Spent around 14 hours.

But the open world roaming was just padding. Giant space with some areas to go to. A small skirmish and get resources.... not my fondest sections. The story moments and specific fight set pieces were enjoyable.

The final chapter has a choice to be made. Leads to two endings. You can replay that chapter and choose the other ending if need be.

It's been over 2 years since I played any gears game or any game on an xbox controller. So I struggled lol. My aim was off. Recoil was bugging me and the active reload. Boy was I terrible. I might re record the whole campaign for better gameplay but im just into horde now haha.

Still enjoyed it through. Insane mode will definitely have some rough sections. I played solo through normal and it was ok for the most part. But in coop the game is even easier.

Enjoy guys!
do you find noticeable upgrade during exploration? define "resources" please.

I thought it was supposed to be available today for GP and ultimate purchasers? Aww, just saw it’s tonight at 9 so I’ll be diving in tomorrow morning. I’m really excited to check out the campaign.

I’ll be playing Days Gone until it’s ready I guess. They’re dropping some new content.

Yes I enjoy games on my xbonex and ps4pro. I’m a terrible human being. 😘

EDIT: Is there any potential negative to switching console regions temporarily? I really do want to check this out but I can wait if it might cause any issues. Do you know Mista Mista ?

Last edited:
I change it to the control scheme where you go into cover with left bumper. Frees up your thumbs.

What i want is the division control scheme copy/pasted in gears. Swap weapons with Y. A dedicated grenade button. Run with L3. Active reload indicator should be centered. No weapon overlay in the middle of the screen whenever you swap weapons.

What i want is the division control scheme copy/pasted in gears. Swap weapons with Y. A dedicated grenade button. Run with L3. Active reload indicator should be centered. No weapon overlay in the middle of the screen whenever you swap weapons.

I like your UI suggestions, however swapping weapons with Y wouldn't work I don't think because of your 4 choices.

Mista

Banned
E Z

ijYJFby.jpg

xMEf6LG.jpg

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Sorry i can't wait so i change my location to NZ and i can play it now ?

Sleepwalker

Go ahead and change your location on the console, there's no potential danger of anything. I've been doing this for years and even making purchases on other region stores.

Pretty happy today. We were in danger of being in a bad spot of Hurricane Dorian and we lost power last night. Power came back on this morning, and I'm gonna be able to play GoW5 tonight! GoW5 tonight, tomorrow, and then UFC 242 on Saturday.

Mista

Banned
Even after the feedback they still haven’t change the dumb red screen. We get it, we’re severely injured but at least don’t blind me and allow me to fight back??

Spukc

Go ahead and change your location on the console, there's no potential danger of anything. I've been doing this for years and even making purchases on other region stores.
Same all said companies use every dirty trick in the books to evade taxes. Location based
Fuckem

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
$2 for 2 months of Game Pass Ultimate in NA. You get to play Gears 5 for $2 for 2 months. I have my code still on its way, but I got the better package for $2. I also got it pre-loaded and ready to go.

And the best looking sky award goes to.. gears 5 woooooo

Is the water better looking than sea of thieves?

Spukc

$2 for 2 months of Game Pass Ultimate in NA. You get to play Gears 5 for $2 for 2 months. I have my code still on its way, but I got the better package for $2. I also got it pre-loaded and ready to go.

Is the water better looking than sea of thieves?
Not seen water yet i dont think so tho - until now no-

Last edited:

isual

i spoiled myself the cutscenes early this morning around 0100; it looks alright, but i'm just getting the game for a one time playthrough and then some multiplayer.

Top Bottom