• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 5 |OT| Rev Up The Lancers, Its Showtime!

lock2k

Banned
I was always a massive fan of the Gears series and I don't seem to be interested this time. I really don't know why. I will check the videos.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Now that embargo is up...

I hated it. I absolutely hated it. It got pretty good at the end, but up till that it was a slog where you just fight annoying melee enemies a lot, walk a lot with nothing to do, and listen to the shitty wannabe original crew banter between the heroes whom I don't believe in at all.

Also, why is there no damn flashlight in a game that is extremely dark at times?

Worst Gears game so far. Haven't played much mp, so will hold judgement on that till this weekend.

Hype
giphy.gif

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I love the feeling of being LTTP with a standard purchase. :messenger_grinning_smiling: I’m getting the regular digital game whenever they decide to send out the codes. I’m excited, but somehow I feel like I didn’t spend enough money to get excited. I had the $99 Ultimate Edition for Gears 4 and I just barely noticed a difference.

Sacred

I hated it. I absolutely hated it. It got pretty good at the end, but up till that it was a slog where you just fight annoying melee enemies a lot, walk a lot with nothing to do, and listen to the shitty wannabe original crew banter between the heroes whom I don't believe in at all.

Also, why is there no damn flashlight in a game that is extremely dark at times?

Worst Gears game so far. Haven't played much mp, so will hold judgement on that till this weekend.

Great review bud, top notch writing.

VAL0R

Banned
Hey guys, I want to play with some of you and can't see my friends online on XBL (I have GP Ultimate). Any ideas for fixes? Should I just call Xbox support?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Kind of hyped now.

September and october are packed with games i want to play. Damn.

I know right.
Fortunately for me, all the games I want to play are day 1 one GP. Blair Witch, Gears and Outer Worlds, plus I'm still working on KCD. Guess I'm going to continue to have no life through October & beyond.

DanielsM

Banned

Ouch! GoW1 > GoW2 > GoWJ > GoW3 for me, no opinion on 4. Looks like a solid game but basically GoW3-4 content and quality.

The banter in GoW1 was great, it did feel like a dark band of brothers.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Ouch! GoW1 > GoW2 > GoWJ > GoW3 for me, no opinion on 4. Looks like a solid game but basically GoW3-4 content and quality.

The banter in GoW1 was great, it did feel like a dark band of brothers.

The banter is so disappointing. Laura Bailey is a good actress, but she's just not right for a supposedly tough and hardened warrior. She lacks authority in her delivery, and it just falls flat. It's especially jarring when Marcus joins the party, and it's like being transported back to Gears 1 immediately. I don't like the other actors either. Del is too busy trying to sound cool, and Ravi, sorry,, Faz, just sounds like Ravi from iZombie. Only in the body of a huge dude with a mohawk.

There's just none of the gritty intensity that was so great in previous entries. It's like the actors were just jamming in the recording booth, and nobody told them they were in the middle of a war and should probably sound like they meant it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The banter is so disappointing. Laura Bailey is a good actress, but she's just not right for a supposedly tough and hardened warrior. She lacks authority in her delivery, and it just falls flat. It's especially jarring when Marcus joins the party, and it's like being transported back to Gears 1 immediately. I don't like the other actors either. Del is too busy trying to sound cool, and Ravi, sorry,, Faz, just sounds like Ravi from iZombie. Only in the body of a huge dude with a mohawk.

There's just none of the gritty intensity that was so great in previous entries. It's like the actors were just jamming in the recording booth, and nobody told them they were in the middle of a war and should probably sound like they meant it.

Does it have one of those moments like Gears 1 had: "A Berserker. She can hear us… she can smell us ".

manfestival

I was reading yall talking about it on games pass... BRUH
I am so downloading this when I get home from work today!

RPS37

If MS had a way to upgrade my pre order, without having to call and cancel my original pre order, I would do it right now. You

Im out of the country right now... Can anyone explain if the T-800 skin is only playable on versus? Or can you use the skin in horde etc. Thx

Kagey K

Banned
I don't really care for these type of games, but I hope it's system seller for XBox.
It’s so late in the gen now that no game is going to be a “system seller” if you wanted a system for a single game you bought it already, they are preaching to the converted and trying to sway minds going into next gen at this point.

The only thing that sells systems this late in the game is price cuts.

Top Bottom