• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 5 : Hivebusters - The Complete Console Technical Analysis - X1 to XSX | NX Gamer

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Good to see that MS having some quality studio, not only that the it's probably best Gears since 3, but also technically is on very high level, with locked 60fps (well I saw one dip with XSX). Great analysis NXGamer NXGamer

X1: 1080p -> 810p (30hz)
XSS: 1440p -> 1080p (60hz)
X1X: 1800P -> 1080p (60hz)
XSX: 2160p -> 1800p (60hz)

There is a different detail level across the board, so for that you need to watch the video.

Last edited:

GametimeUK

I'm going to have to give this a go. It's definitely what I need in my life right now. Too many 50+ hour games out there, so to have something this short with graphics and performance on this level is just perfect.

M1chl

I'm going to have to give this a go. It's definitely what I need in my life right now. Too many 50+ hour games out there, so to have something this short with graphics and performance on this level is just perfect.
Yeah it's great, I did this morning second playthrough, because I for some reason woke up early. It's pretty hard to do it solo on higher difficulties, but you don't have to obviously. Chapter 3 is superb.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
is chapter 3
that freaking volcano river ride through a motherfucking jungle ?
then hell yeah

M1chl

is chapter 3
that freaking volcano river ride through a motherfucking jungle ?
then hell yeah
It is. And it's really suprisingly great : D

OP are you showing dynamic resolution or resolution/performance mode in your post? Can't watch video atm.
Yes, that's TAA dynamic resolution scaling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom