• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Trashing All Copies Of Babylon’s Fall After Today

Draugoth

Gold Member
Babylon’s Fall is one of the biggest failures from Square Enix and PlatinumGames. With Square Enix confirming recently they will stop all support and GameStop is starting to trash all unsold copies.

CheapAssGamer reported the news stating that stores will start trashing all unsold copies. This isn’t new for retailers as unsold stock that take up valuable space is either shipped to a warehouse as penny stock or sold at a loss.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The fact they didn’t even attempt to make this free to play is baffling.

F2P , sell your battle pass and store items, and see what happens in 6 months. One last hurrah.

I’m that one guy on steam who played a lot of it and loved it. The story could’ve been better but I thought every other aspect was a blast. Sad to see it go but it was handled like shit by square and the developers.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The fact they didn’t even attempt to make this free to play is baffling.

F2P , sell your battle pass and store items, and see what happens in 6 months. One last hurrah.

I’m that one guy on steam who played a lot of it and loved it. The story could’ve been better but I thought every other aspect was a blast. Sad to see it go but it was handled like shit by square and the developers.
I was thinking the same, but going by the reviews (totally grilled beyond burnt) they surely decided a shit game isn't worth retrying with F2P. Game is getting around a 50% on MC and user reviews way worse.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Bury it in the desert
Understand Captain America GIF

Nintendo right now
Here We Go Again GIF

daywarf

Whats the point of trashing them?, why not just put them on sale for like 50 cents or something, or just give a copy away with every purchase, etc.
Just like pour milk into river?
I know milk is always needed and cutting its number can raise the price.
But the discs? SE may do this to burry their failure but retailers?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Microsoft should acquire platinum games so they can personally bury this game and scalebound.

I couldn't even try the demo. Required me to create some SQEX account and my eyes glazed over almost immediately at all the fine print.

NinjaBoiX

Whats the point of trashing them?, why not just put them on sale for like 50 cents or something, or just give a copy away with every purchase, etc.
There’s other considerations than simply getting rid of the stock, supplier relations and such. Imagine the news stories if they just gave copies away for free? Square-Enix would lose their shit.

The game is a commercial disaster, but you don’t point that out to people who haven’t noticed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom