• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games Industry Reacts to Tango Gameworks Closure: "Why?"

Hugare

Microsoft should ditch the big studios and focus in the smaller ones like Tango that could deliver some huge hit with a small budget. That's what they need for Game Pass. Not some huge AAA game that cost them $500M that will suffer to turn profitable with GP subscriptions.

I love some of the big budget MS games (Forza, Gears, Halo), but they should accept that games like these wont work with the GP business model.

But of course they would to the exact opposite.

It's maddening how Microsoft is speedrunning its own failure

Well the question is, could they not have sold Tango rather than just shutting them down? (not sure if that is legally possible)

Edit: If I was Sony for example I would have bought them and persuaded Shinji Mikami to come back and work on whatever he wants (no more horrors if that's what he wants).
maybe they prefer to keep the IPs and make difficult to the studio to keep its integrity so it doesnt benefit a rival company that will buy them very cheap, it is known MS force employees to not work for a rival company during a certain amount of time when they leave the company but I dont think if apply in every case, in this case it would be abusive as is MS who is closing the studio

Top Bottom