• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game capture still limited to 1 minute of play for Xbox Series X?

1-minute.jpg

An oversight imo - specially for trimming/editing clips.

Edit: Only for internal storage (assuming the functionality is copy/paste from the Xbox One Family).

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Xbox one had 5 minutes and like an hour on external drive, someone probably did not change options, or it would be really weird.

DAHGAMING

I think with current xbox you have to make a flash drive ready for capture, plug it in and get it up with the console then you can capture an hour i think it is.

Yea I believe the 1 min is for the internal SSD. Plug in an external and you get more.

MS should do a QA and clarify that. Why limit with the internal SSD though? Makes no sense as that's what the overwhelming majority of people will use as their sole source of storage?

ManaByte

MS should do a QA and clarify that. Why limit with the internal SSD though? Makes no sense as that's what the overwhelming majority of people will use as their sole source of storage?

Probably because the internal storage is limited and people will fill that up with recordings and then come on video game forums and make concern threads about the lack of storage for games on their new system.

This is how it's worked on the Xbox One for a long time. Plug in an external and you get more recording time.

Probably because the internal storage is limited and people will fill that up with recordings and then come on video game forums and make concern threads about the lack of storage for games on their new system.

This is how it's worked on the Xbox One for a long time. Plug in an external and you get more recording time.

It does fill up quick I can attest to that but I've yet to see people complain about that on PS4. I mean sure there is that 0.01% individual that may bitch about it but people do understand storage management when forced - provided it's presented in an intuitive manner by the U.I.

Krisprolls

Banned

Well, they don't do that at all on PS4 and it's not restricted to a few minutes...

On the PS4 it's a rolling window, so when you punch the share button it just uses the currently stored window of up to 30 minutes for what you share.

martino

i hope you can put the recording directly on external drive if you put one on both of them.
spare us to use fast space for of those things

I didn't know... 1 mn is ridiculously low. Is it even limited on PlayStation ? I don't remember. 15 mn ?

On ps4 it is 30mins, could be even more with lower quality?

1 minute sounds like a tease and stressful, usually when cool stuff happens there isnt time to think or consider saving it at the same moment

rubhen925

only on internal storage. If you have a hard drive hooked in you can save up to an hour. I was reviewing the console and spent an obnoxious amount of time trying to work with the recording stuff. Also found out some ways to stall the console lol

J-Roderton

If it at least works like the One does with the external drive then I’m cool with it still recording up to an hour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom