• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf recommend me a mouse that can replace razer deathadder elite/chroma

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Hey Gaf I am in desperate need of a new mouse that can replace my razer death adder elite and chroma.

I've used razer death adder elite and chroma from 2013 to today, so getting a razer deathadder v2 was a no brainer. It got good reviews, and it has optical mouse buttons.

Truth is, though, I hate it. They replaced the rubber which hold your hands in place with some textured plast or something into the mouse itself, and it has become much more narrow compared to the elite and chroma.

It feels more like its a mouse for someone with long fingers now instead of big wide ones, and I hate it because all other mice are made to small hands.

And the side buttons are annoying as hell. They were designed into the mouse so you didn't really noticed it, now they are far outside on the side.

I got them fifty percent off, but man, I have to return these mice because they are so poor ergonomic wise compared to the previous ones.

So Gaf, do you have experience with mice for manly hands or have we been abandoned by razer?

I won't be surprised if there's one out there for the double price point.

Kssio_Aug

6880_index_g.jpg

Bought this kit YEARS ago, and still standing. I recommend it!

Mr.ODST

Work in esports and alot of the guys I manage have all moved to wireless mice (Logitech G Series, Razer Wireless and Glorious Gaming)

Steelseries have just released the Aerox 3 and 5 and its on sale now on Amazon UK for £60, purhcased and its the best mouse I have used, especially for gaming and work.

Be warned all these mice are ultralight mice.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Either of the Logitech G502's Hero (wired) or Lightspeed (wireless)

There is also the G903 but i have never personally owned one so can't comment but the main feature is the "infinite scroll wheel". Now this sounds like a total gimic, and it kind of is right up until you get used to it... and then sadly any mouse without it tottaly sucks.

Essentially by clicking a button infront of the wheel, you unlock the wheel allowing you to flick it and it will keep spinning, this makes it great for fast scrolling down huge pages etc, then when your done click the button again and it's back to being a regular wheel. Also the G502 comes with weights, meaning you can adjust the weight of the mouse to your liking if you prefer and of course it comes with the full suite of programmable macro buttons too, alongside generally just being a great mouse.

Example of how to use the infinite scroll.

Love putting it on at a round start of CS and having my character literally seizure from the super fast weapon change.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I have a Sharkk mouse, which as a brand, seems to not exist anymore. Literally disappeared.

Last edited:

nikos

Razer Viper Ultimate.

Upgraded from a G903 to this and have no clue how I used that style mouse (had a G502 before that) for so many years. Feels like a brick in comparison.

WitchHunter

Banned
Hey Gaf I am in desperate need of a new mouse that can replace my razer death adder elite and chroma.

I've used razer death adder elite and chroma from 2013 to today, so getting a razer deathadder v2 was a no brainer. It got good reviews, and it has optical mouse buttons.

Truth is, though, I hate it. They replaced the rubber which hold your hands in place with some textured plast or something into the mouse itself, and it has become much more narrow compared to the elite and chroma.

It feels more like its a mouse for someone with long fingers now instead of big wide ones, and I hate it because all other mice are made to small hands.

And the side buttons are annoying as hell. They were designed into the mouse so you didn't really noticed it, now they are far outside on the side.

I got them fifty percent off, but man, I have to return these mice because they are so poor ergonomic wise compared to the previous ones.

So Gaf, do you have experience with mice for manly hands or have we been abandoned by razer?

I won't be surprised if there's one out there for the double price point.
Jesus, razer is terrible trash. They literally fished the parts out of a wastebin and managed somehow to assemble it together. Avoid razer big time. It's the perfect peripherial for idiots :D.

Esca

I've been a big fan of the Steelseries sensei series. This quality. Only mouse i found that lasted more than a year. It lasted me like 4-5 years iirc. Here it is, it is even in sale atm.
I haven't used this model but it looks the same as mine in guessing just better tech dunno

The_Mike

Hey guys sensei ten sounds like a good mouse on paper, and around same size as the old death adder. Gonna get a look on that in the store. Is it suited for palm grip?

maxresdefault.jpg

Mouse "quality" completely depend on what type of mouse grip you prefer. So research based on your preferred ergonomics.
Yeah I am aware of that.

Unfortunately for me, my deathadder elite was a palm grip mouse, and the v2 is.. I don't know, but it sure as hell isn't paw anymore for me.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
my advice is to use 3 different type of mice if you use a mouse for prolonged hours, that way your hand and muscles doesn’t start hurting and you don’t develop joint complications.

The_Mike

my advice is to use 3 different type of mice if you use a mouse for prolonged hours, that way your hand and muscles doesn’t start hurting and you don’t develop joint complications.
Well using a death adder elite and v2 should technically be the same mice, but v2 feel like shit compared to it.

Have tried intense gaming for a week now, feels like shit. Can't relax in my hand at all. If I go back to my old elite then all the tension goes away.

Zeroing

Banned
Well using a death adder elite and v2 should technically be the same mice, but v2 feel like shit compared to it.

Have tried intense gaming for a week now, feels like shit. Can't relax in my hand at all. If I go back to my old elite then all the tension goes away.
Either your hand got used to that shape and you think it’s relaxed but it actually isn’t or the new mouse isn’t a perfect fit for your had.

Have you had a look about those mouses that are vertical? Or a trackpad? Something to use while browsing than using the mouse for gaming, something that makes your hand not be in the same position all the time.

Zeroing

Banned
Should have been BLACK ADDER

66f.jpg

I keep seeing that bad photoshop photo! Is it a meme? Sometimes I think I’ve become a grandad who after using windows 98 for ages finally gets a new computer and keeps asking himself “where’s that button that says start?”

Nydus

Logitech G Pro X Superlight.

Very good shape, very light, very long lasting battery. Its also compatible to a lot of handsizes and griping styles. Unfortunately also very expensive :D

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You deserve the best.

Get the best.

Get the Logi G502. It even comes in a wireless version if you fancy that.

If you want to stay in the Razer ecosystem, get the Basilisk v3, razer’s “homage” to the G502. Avoid the Basilisk Ultimate, it’s based on the older Basilisk v2 and it took Razer 3 tries to get a decent g502 clone working.

recursive

Either of the Logitech G502's Hero (wired) or Lightspeed (wireless)

There is also the G903 but i have never personally owned one so can't comment but the main feature is the "infinite scroll wheel". Now this sounds like a total gimic, and it kind of is right up until you get used to it... and then sadly any mouse without it tottaly sucks.

Essentially by clicking a button infront of the wheel, you unlock the wheel allowing you to flick it and it will keep spinning, this makes it great for fast scrolling down huge pages etc, then when your done click the button again and it's back to being a regular wheel. Also the G502 comes with weights, meaning you can adjust the weight of the mouse to your liking if you prefer and of course it comes with the full suite of programmable macro buttons too, alongside generally just being a great mouse.

Example of how to use the infinite scroll.

Love putting it on at a round start of CS and having my character literally seizure from the super fast weapon change.

I have the g903. Very comfortable to use but I dont use the infinite scroll. Not really sure what the use case would be for that feature after playing around with it.

The_Mike

I got a glorious D mouse.

Mouse feels decent. I really like the aesthetic of it, and I did enjoy first few matches in call of duty. However I feel a little split about the wide. It feels less wide than my deathadder, and while it doesn't bug me in cod it did in new world. When I had to click alot it felt uncomfortable in my hand.

Im gonna try it over the weekend, but I find it hard to palm grip it.

Logitech g502 looks pretty wide, but isn't it annoying to let your finger at rest on the mouse itself?

Theres no doubt though that I will return the deathadder elite v2. I just can't live with the new shitty design.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Logitech g502 looks pretty wide, but isn't it annoying to let your finger at rest on the mouse itself?

it is a palm grip mouse but honestly its one of the most comfortable ones I have had, its one of those new style ergo grip mice so its shaped in a way your hand will naturally rest. Honestly its a shame there's no shops anymore with them out on display so you can try them yourself.

Loope

I've used the death adder in the past, it's trash. I switched over to the Logitech G502 and haven't looked back. That's the one I'd recommend.
I have the Steelseries Sensei and the past month bought the Logitech G502 Hero. I like both of them, but the logitech, especially with the weights is such a good mouse.

DukeNukem00

Banned
I got a glorious D mouse.

Mouse feels decent. I really like the aesthetic of it, and I did enjoy first few matches in call of duty. However I feel a little split about the wide. It feels less wide than my deathadder, and while it doesn't bug me in cod it did in new world. When I had to click alot it felt uncomfortable in my hand.

Im gonna try it over the weekend, but I find it hard to palm grip it.

Theres no doubt though that I will return the deathadder elite v2. I just can't live with the new shitty design.

I was about to recomend you the Model D. What you need to realize is that you need time to adjust to a new mouse. You've been using the same thing for almost a decade. EVERY other mouse will not feel right now. The model D that you just got is an excelent ergo shape and large enough to palm grip. You can add some grips on the side to have better handling.

But the most important thing is that you need to use the mouse constantly for at least 2 weeks before you know if its for you or not. Not 30 minutes

The_Mike

it is a palm grip mouse but honestly its one of the most comfortable ones I have had, its one of those new style ergo grip mice so its shaped in a way your hand will naturally rest. Honestly its a shame there's no shops anymore with them out on display so you can try them yourself.
I have the Steelseries Sensei and the past month bought the Logitech G502 Hero. I like both of them, but the logitech, especially with the weights is such a good mouse.
How wide does it feel? Does it feel like a normal width with a thumb rest, or is it actually more wide?

Why did you guys taking it over the basilisk v3? Price, quality, or just brand?

I was about to recomend you the Model D. What you need to realize is that you need time to adjust to a new mouse. You've been using the same thing for almost a decade. EVERY other mouse will not feel right now. The model D that you just got is an excelent ergo shape and large enough to palm grip. You can add some grips on the side to have better handling.

But the most important thing is that you need to use the mouse constantly for at least 2 weeks before you know if its for you or not. Not 30 minutes

Yeah I know.

I tried the razer deathadder v2 for two weeks after using the deathadder elite and chroma for 7 years or so, and even though I religiously have only used the deathadder mice which I love, something shows to me that the v2 is off compared to elite and chroma since I just can't enjoy it.

I am without a doubt returning my v2s, but still giving model d a chance.

The mouse feels good, but I have to use it more. It does however feel more narrow, which is what I fear will be the reason why I might return it. I have 30 days in my country, so I'm pretty lucky.

Deathadder is my favorite mouse of all time but when my last one died I decided I wanted a new mouse with features I've found from my Logitech G502 that I really like.

chroma-rgb.jpg

Razer Basilisk V3 has been about perfect. Still not exactly as good in the hands as the Deathadder, but damn close, plus it has the added benefit of a togglable infinite scroll-wheel and the function of clicking the scroll-wheel left and right for added button functionality. It's a great mouse and one I'd highly recommend to a Deathadder fan that wants something new.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I have found out what I greatly dislike about the glorious d.

I hat a hard time clicking with the mouse. Sometimes the grip was OK, sometimes it's bad.

I noticed when my ring finger accidently "slip" of the right mouse button and fell down with the design, the design clicked.

And I hate it. I really want my ring finger being able to stay in the right mouse button.

It just feels really off if it isn't.

Deathadder is my favorite mouse of all time but when my last one died I decided I wanted a new mouse with features I've found from my Logitech G502 that I really like.

chroma-rgb.jpg

Razer Basilisk V3 has been about perfect. Still not exactly as good in the hands as the Deathadder, but damn close, plus it has the added benefit of a togglable infinite scroll-wheel and the function of clicking the scroll-wheel left and right for added button functionality. It's a great mouse and one I'd highly recommend to a Deathadder fan that wants something new.
The g502 costs 52 usd in my country where v3 costs 76 usd.

76 usd is a lot for a mouse, would it be better than the g502?

Also can you easily rest your ring finger on the right mouse button?

Last edited:
The g502 costs 52 usd in my country where v3 costs 76 usd.

76 usd is a lot for a mouse, would it be better than the g502?

Also can you easily rest your ring finger on the right mouse button?
So I own both the G502 and the V3 and I can say as much. As far as the V3 is concerned, yes, your ring finger easily rests on the right mouse button if you want it to, I don't hold it like that, but it'd be fine if I did. I'll say I personally like the feel of the V3 in the hand more than the G502, but the differences aren't so drastic that I'd be upset if I only had to pick the G502. The V3 essentially has the exact same functionality as the G502, it just feels better in the hand to me.

If the difference in price is a bit much for you, you can't go wrong with the G502, it's a great mouse, the infinite scroll-wheel and clicking left and right on the mouse-wheel is such a great feature that it'd be tough to go back to other mice. There's both great mice, if you want that Deathadder feel, V3 is the better choice, but again, the G502 offers the exact same functionality and is cheaper and it feels just fine in the hand too.

Why would anyone call a mouse a death adder? That's so stupid lol
Razer mice are named after different species of snakes.

I have the Razer Viper Ultimate and I think it's great. But for someone coming from a Deathadder it's pretty minimalist by comparison and a different philosophy of design.

The_Mike

What I found out, actually, is i just went after palm grip, not thinking at all about your fingers could rest differently.

On my deathadder I've been having thumb on side, one on left mouse button, two on the right button, and one at the side.

I probably assumed that a wide palm grip mice would give me that comfort, but I noticed with the glorious d that it wants my ring and pinky to be on the right side, while having one finger on each button. I can't stand that.

Does it feel as natural on g502 and basilisk, or will right mouse button be too crowded with 2 fingers on it?

Edit: looks like g502 has the same problem.

DSC04334.jpg

What I am looking for, is a 1 3 1 mouse.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Razer Orochi V2

Tested the pro x superlight before. Sold it after test driving the Orochi V2. It’s lighter, better claw grip for me and the battery lasts a fucking long time, way more than Logitech superlight, even with USB low latency mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom