• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF : Help me connect my 360 to my computer

LakeEarth

I'm not the best computer guy but I just can't get it connected. I...

Have the two systems connected by a wired ethernet router
I have Windows Media Connect running without problem
I have ZoneAlarm, and have put the 360 into the "allowed" area, putting in both its IP address and its SubNet Mask address. Tried doing it with ZoneAlarm turned off, still nothing.
Called MyXbox for help, got redirected 4 times and then got disconnected.

At first it wouldn't connect, now it sees my computer (the computer name comes up) but doesn't connect to it. Running the connection test shows the network adapter is wired, IP address confirmed, and Computer connection failed. Any suggestions on what I should try next?

I need help also. I have the service pack 2.
When I go to test connection. It shows that my router is wired, everything is fine. But it doesn't read my PC.
Then it tells me to do the Media center set-up from my PC. But my PC doesn't see the 360. Just sends me back and fourth ... =( I'm such a noob.

LakeEarth

My problem solved, your problem most likely solved too...

Shogmaster said:
Like I said in that other thread, it's probably your .NET framework that needs updating. I had the same problem until I updated the .NET framework to the 1.1 version. Afterwards, I reinstalled PC Connect, and then no problems.

.NET thingy is an optional download in the Windows update.

LakeEarth said:
My problem solved, your problem most likely solved too...

Maybe I need a step by noob step to do this. I don't know much about computers enough to do this at least. Whats this .Net thing?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
iceDragon7 said:
=/ I installed that. Was that just for the media connect thing? Didn't find anything after installing that package.

Its basically needed to run anything made with .Net. I guess Media Connect uses the .Net framework or something.

LakeEarth

The installation isnt' a program, just a bunch of updated files. Now try to get your 360 connected to your PC with Media Connect running and the problem SHOULD be solved.

Top Bottom