• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G.A.M.E. 4.0 - Chiptunes/Retro SEXPLOSION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

m0dus said:
I assume people will be okay with the original concept art I created as the basis for the cover and liner art :)

Also, I haven't been around much at all lately--My track is chiptunes. am I to understand that we're also doing 'mixes' or something? I've been strictly adherent to the Atari VCS and Odyssey soundboard--no 16bit sounds or what . . .
not sure what you mean by mixes. the theme is just to make a song with chip instruments as the main feature but you can have real instruments blended in if you don't want to just make a 100% chip song.
m0dus said:
Monchi, check your pms.

and guys, a special surprise for the boxart.
a surprise? can't wait to see it!

btkadams

pirahna1 said:
Do you have it finished? Can we see it? I would imagine send it to Monchi, but I'm not sure if he's heading it or LiveFromKyoto.
i believe livefromkyoto is handling the thread and monchi is handling the mastering.

and yeah m0dus please post it for us!

m0dus said:
Whom do I need to send the finished boxart to?

Monchi needs it to include with the final package, I could use it for the download thread. If you could send it to both of us when you're done, that would be appreciated.

(I love the pixel art!)

m0dus

Banned
I'll just post the pics this time. Just to be sure people like it--this is radically different from the other ones, for obvious reasons. :)

Okay. I've tried to give it that "generic anime boxart from the japanese version that we didn't bother redrawing" look . . .

g4me_front.jpg

The back cover will have the final tracklist:

g4me_back.jpg

pirahna1

I'm on a Soundcloud commenting spree! All of you inspire me so much. Every one of us has amazing talent and a different way of expressing it. I'm so glad to have met you all and been a part of these amazing projects.

Here's to many more projects with you all. May we grow and learn from each other and accomplish great things!

Damn, I want to get crackin' on GAME 5.0 asap! I'm currently working on an old school house track. Think SFUR and you get an idea of what I'm going for.

btkadams

pirahna1 said:
I'm on a Soundcloud commenting spree! All of you inspire me so much. Every one of us has amazing talent and a different way of expressing it. I'm so glad to have met you all and been a part of these amazing projects.

Here's to many more projects with you all. May we grow and learn from each other and accomplish great things!

Damn, I want to get crackin' on GAME 5.0 asap! I'm currently working on an old school house track. Think SFUR and you get an idea of what I'm going for.
i agree! im very glad to have found neogaf so i could do this stuff with you guys! i don't have any friends IRL that make music so its cool to be inspired by people and being able to hear feedback from them. well i have one, but he doesn't make electronic.

oh and btw i have a new suggestion for Game 5....
Remixes
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

oh and ps: soundcloud is supershitty right now. actually, that's not fair... i can't say that when i haven't even been able to get on for an hour. i'm sure its great for those that can actually get on it.

pirahna1

Yeah, about 2 hours ago I uploaded a new track and ever since then I haven't been able to log on. So is the life with free service providers. Ah well.

Running into some technical difficulties (ie. Soundtrack pro crashing) so i'm not going to be bale to post everyone's mastered track until tomorrow. Will likely have to reinstall the whole package to see what the deal is.

I should have this up by tomorrow for all you guys barring any more software issues :D

Garcia

That's cool Monchi. I was getting excited already after looking at your name in the last reply :lol. Good luck =) !

monchi-kun said:
Running into some technical difficulties (ie. Soundtrack pro crashing) so i'm not going to be bale to post everyone's mastered track until tomorrow. Will likely have to reinstall the whole package to see what the deal is.

I should have this up by tomorrow for all you guys barring any more software issues :D

ouch...been there, done that.....

Take your time and do what you got to do.
I'm not going anywhere.

Regardless of the set-back i'm totally appreciating Logic Studio...Soundtrack Pro could have been a separate app altogether considering what this bad boy can do.

Garcia

I'm starting to love Logic as well. I use it while I'm at my school's MAC lab and the thing is a beast.

pirahna1

monchi-kun said:
Regardless of the set-back i'm totally appreciating Logic Studio...Soundtrack Pro could have been a separate app altogether considering what this bad boy can do.

The only reason I want a Mac is for Logic. From what I hear it's the bee's knees. Take your time, can't wait to hear this bad boy!

btkadams

is logic really that good? i just want side chain compressors lol. im guessing you can do that with everything but what i'm using. i saw logic express at my school for 80 bucks. is that cheap? or should ibuy a different version if i want the full deal.

lil smoke

Banned
Every DAW has its strong and weak points. When you get into the details, Logic is missing lots of necessary function.

Trust me and go into any DAW forum, and you will find disgruntled users of every platform. What one platform has, usually the other doesn't. You have to know what/how you use stuff and figure out which workflow is best for you. Once you jump into a major DAW, it's kinda hard to get out.

:D Speaking of new DAW, I am VERY excited for Cubase 5. Day one. :D

lil smoke said:
Every DAW has its strong and weak points. When you get into the details, Logic is missing lots of necessary function.

:D Speaking of new DAW, I am VERY excited for Cubase 5. Day one. :D

True, and allready ordered my copy of 5!:D

luffeN

hey LiveFromKyoto,

can you shoot me a PM when the soundtrack is released? because of studies i may overlook it. i want to host it as early as possible

Garcia

Holy shit @ 5. Still looking the videos at Steiberg's site. The midi and envelope handling got me excited.

Edit : O M G .... the articulations.

btkadams

Garcia said:
Holy shit @ 5. Still looking the videos at Steiberg's site. The midi and envelope handling got me excited.

Edit : O M G .... the articulations.
OMG i just watched some of those videos and that looks awesome. i have a few copies of Cubase from a few years ago. loved using it for my rock music. maybe ill look into it. is it a good DAW for electronic music?

garcia, you have to stop saying your wet lol.

Garcia

btkadams said:
garcia, you have to stop saying your wet lol.

Lmao :lol . btk, my brain exploded, I really meant what I wrote. They are adding up all the stuff that plenty of us have been screaming for since god knows who. This is seriously going to be the ultimate DAW.

btkadams

Garcia said:
Lmao :lol . btk, my brain exploded, I really meant what I wrote. They are adding up all the stuff that plenty of us have been screaming for since god knows who. This is seriously going to be the ultimate DAW.
yeah it looks pretty awesome. i was just looking at the vocal stuff and it is sooo what i want.

Garcia

btkadams said:
yeah it looks pretty awesome. i was just looking at the vocal stuff and it is sooo what i want.

Remember what I told u about that certain someone's sample voice I would love to work with ;) ? Well.... Imagining what I could do with Cubase 5 takes it to a whole new level.

They've created a monster. This appeals to everyone. Orchestrators, remixers, arrangers, bands, soloists, etc etc etc.

btkadams

Garcia said:
Remember what I told u about that certain someone's sample voice I would love to work with ;) ? Well.... Imagining what I could do with Cubase 5 takes it to a whole new level.

They've created a monster. This appeals to everyone. Orchestrators, remixers, arrangers, bands, soloists, etc etc etc.
man you could even crazy autotune it and make it sound really cool with a song. id love to actually have a proper autotune just to see if i could do something cool with it. when is this out?

pirahna1

I started out with Cubase VST ooh soo many years ago before moving to FL Studio.

Cubase 5 makes me want to switch back. I hope I can get a solid student discount, cause this shit is awesome!

Man, I was just about to switch over to Ableton Live (I love session view, love love love) and now I have to contemplate switching to Cubase instead. lmao so many choices!

EDIT: Ok, for audio editing (eg, chopping up loops, rearranging loops, etc)...
Adobe Audition or Steinberg Wavelab?

I want to say Wavelab due to Steinberg's amazingness, but I've never used either of them. DL'ing demos right now. What do you guys use, approve of?

Audacity is limiting me :(

pirahna1 said:
I started out with Cubase VST ooh soo many years ago before moving to FL Studio.

Cubase 5 makes me want to switch back. I hope I can get a solid student discount, cause this shit is awesome!

Man, I was just about to switch over to Ableton Live (I love session view, love love love) and now I have to contemplate switching to Cubase instead. lmao so many choices!

EDIT: Ok, for audio editing (eg, chopping up loops, rearranging loops, etc)...
Adobe Audition or Steinberg Wavelab?

I want to say Wavelab due to Steinberg's amazingness, but I've never used either of them. DL'ing demos right now. What do you guys use, approve of?

Audacity is limiting me :(

Steinberg & Yamaha F.T.W.

Cubase is and has been a standard in the music industry for many, many years.
Shure there's DAW's that are better and have even more options, and i've worked with several of them (ProTools, Logic, Cakewalk...) Liked what they could do, but not how they worked.
Since i got Cubase Studio 4 , skipping SX3 and VST5, i know that i will never want another DAW. Cubase is just perfect for me and has more than enough options to me keep going for decades. Still don't know half of what i actualy can do but i'm enjoying my time in the studio. :D

Wavelab is farkin awesome...... Switched from SoundForge to Wavelab Studio 6 and the possibilities are staggering. (i only use it for my "mastering" sessions sofar to be honest)
Certainly gets my aproval!

lil smoke

Banned
Anything you can do in Wavelab you can do in Cubase tho, right? Especially nowadays since C4 added extra audio functionality. The only thing you can't do is create the actual redbook CD, but I just use iTunes or something for that. Chopping loope can be done pretty good from Cubase inspector with the new sensitivity controlled slicer. It can be done automatically, or manually and you can stretch the slices within audio pretty seamlessly to get it to fit anything. Combine that with the new loop masher, and you can take 6-7 loops and combine slices... oh my.

And, people don't realize that Steinberg Cubase spearheaded what IS computer music. The invented virtual instruments, they practically made midi work as it does today, they were the first DAW to allow recording onto the computer HD. All these other companies are doing what Steinberg did first. And I love all that Yamaha Corp is doing with Steinberg offering well built interfaces, mixers, and controller. The only problem is that all their stuff is becomming increasingly proprietary.

[/Cubase jock riding]

If i got it right the Cubase brand is now owned by Yamaha.

I don't mind that at all as Yamaha is a industry standard aswell. In all departments!
Custom furniture for studio equipment is often based on a certain Yamaha Mixing Console, Everybody recognizes the NS10M monitors with the white woofers.
You can find those at all the major studios as they are the best nearfield monitors with the most honest sound. [/Yamaha slurp]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom