• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FTC Has Opened Probe Into Sony’s Bungie Acquisition

Sony, the undisputed worldwide market leader has purchased 7 studios in just this past year and has made public statements about interest in acquiring more studios. Buying one of the biggest 3rd party studios of all time, Bungie, should defiantly get a 2nd look from FTC regulators. I'd say what Sony is quietly doing is burgeoning on monopolistic and the FTC needs to keep their eye on ball.
So is this what we're doing now? Lying about the size of these Sony purchases to seem bigger than they are?
In what world is Bungie one of the biggest 3rd party studios of all time? It's not even one of the biggest studios currently, let alone of all time, lmao.

JackMcGunns

Sony too ™
windows dancing GIF

You do realize the point of Sony too right? everyone is constantly trying to vilify MS. In this instance for example, it's just standard practice from the FTC as Sony, Elon, etc are also getting probed.

Sony too ™ screams: Not my Sony™ and making them the victim.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
we know the free pr and how he was trying to push the PS5 during launch .. he spent the days trying to correct what he thought were Sony's PR mistakes. I advise you (if blocked by him) to log out from your Twitter account and go and reread his posts in the period close to the launch of the consoles. Listen is okay to have a favorite. There are dozens of people writing about the video game industry and a lot of them are biased. He is one of them... There are others that are pro Microsoft .... why in that case unlike this it is right to call them out ? One thing is certain ... no one should take him seriously when it comes to Microsoft
Here is one of his tweets. Did he really say anything that turned out to be false?

Zeroing

Banned
You do realize the point of Sony too right? everyone is constantly trying to vilify MS. In this instance for example, it's just standard practice from the FTC as Sony, Elon, etc are also getting probed.

Sony too ™ screams: Not my Sony™ and making them the victim.
It was a joke, did you read my second post/reply right bellow the gif?
It’s amazing how people get triggered by things.

I love the word probe...should be used more often.
But being serious now, yeah they are supposed to do that. I would be amazed if they did not. It is fair.

Top Bottom