• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FromSoftware’s next game is already in development, since early 2022

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
9cd2985f9f-1_2780x1200-scaled.jpg

In addition to Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree and Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon, FromSoftware is also working on another project not yet announced since January 2022. The confirmation comes from Kennet Chan’s LinkedIn profile.

Chan has held a senior role within FromSoftware for the past few years. He is in fact producer and co-director of Armored Core 6, as well as project manager of Elden Ring and senior lead designer of Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel. In short, a respectable curriculum.

In his LinkedIn profile Chan also mentions an as yet unannounced FromSoftware project launched in January 2022 of which he will cover the role of producer.

bd0137_fromsoftware-is-currently-working-on-an-unannounced-project.png

There is no other information about the game’s title, plot or genre on the developer’s page, so it is not yet known whether this is a new IP or a continuation of one of the old FromSoftware franchises.

In any case, it’s worth mentioning that Hidetaka Miyazaki recently stated that the success of Elden Ring hasn’t changed FromSoftware’s plans for its future games.

Bragr

Banned
Please be a parry game and not another dodgeroll game, please be a parry game and not another dodgeroll game, please be a parry game and not another dodgeroll game.

Dodgerolling games are outplayed and outdated! It once was great, not its boring and old! No one wants to roll around like a bitch 100 million times a game! Parry is the way to go!

sendit

Please be a parry game and not another dodgeroll game, please be a parry game and not another dodgeroll game, please be a parry game and not another dodgeroll game.

Dodgerolling games are outplayed and outdated! It once was great, not its boring and old! No one wants to roll around like a bitch 100 million times a game! Parry is the way to go!
You can parry in Elden Ring.

Banned

I see your parry, and raise you DIRECTIONAL DODGE with counter attack focus!
no invincibility frames anymore, but a game where you can NEO dodge out of the way, maybe even with limited bullettime, and where you have to actually look where the hit is gonna come from an land!
noone perfected something like that yet, Viewtiful Joe had a rudimentary version of such a system, NOW BRING IT INTO 3D!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I just want dark souls 2 with original promised graphics… And not scholar. Shame consoles don’t have vanilla version in there

Nautilus

Banned
Gross, their worst game. Give me any of the King's Field games or Shadow Tower Abyss.
I don't disagree lol.

But it's one of my childhood games, and while the melee combat is awful, and the ring system is woefully unbalanced(in how you discover new rings), there is an undeniable charm and allure to it.

Plus, its a really good story, and the music is awesome.

Graciaus

Sekiro is just a rhythm game.

Mr Hyde

Miyazaki confirmed about a year ago during an interview about Elden Ring that his next game was already in motion, so I guess this correlate to what he said.

Mr.Phoenix

why cant we have both?

And OP, doesn't that just mean around this time last year... could mean its like 3 years away.

Variahunter

I hope it’s a Tenchu reboot or sequel.
Sekiro was great but it didn’t cover the ninja stealth genre at all.
Give me big open field like in MGS Ground Zeroes, improve the melee system a bit with the action experience of your last games but make it extra hard to not die as to keep the focus on infiltration. I want a ninja stealth simulation, kinda like Armored Core is their take on Mécha Simulation.

Give me all the light and shadow parameters, noise, even a heartbeat gauge and sweat system making you slide on the floor (to your advantage or not) or letting foot/hand prints all over the place because of moisture. Give me a temperature system where your weapon can freeze in its sheat if you’ve gone into water with it, making you consider to keep it out even if it’s reflecting moonlight.

Make the enemies react to your actions based on % probability. Make each of them unique as they would have slightly different sight, hearing, intelligence and skill. Even for the same basic soldier, those parameters would make them have different chances of reacting one way or the other given the same action we do.
Let’s say there a soldier with bad sight (sight/hearing) : he will not see you from afar, comparing to another Ninja for example, whereas a Samurai could « sense » if you were not very careful with sound. Even that same soldier with bad sight, if he did saw you, would react within his set % probabilities. He could have 3 choices : shout and give the alarm, run away, or investigate on its own and decide to fight. Those 3 choices would be set with probabilities of happening for him. A bit like a random loot lol

Well… each time there’s a chance for a new Tenchu, I’m going completely overboard !

Draugoth

Gold Member
1gZ3b44.jpeg

According to Kennet Chan’s LinkedIn profile, FromSoftware started a new unannounced project in January 2022.
Chan has held a senior role within FromSoftware for the past few years. He is in fact producer and co-director of Armored Core 6, as well as project manager of Elden Ring and senior lead designer of Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel. In short, a respectable curriculum.

poodaddy

I hope it’s a Tenchu reboot or sequel.
Sekiro was great but it didn’t cover the ninja stealth genre at all.
Give me big open field like in MGS Ground Zeroes, improve the melee system a bit with the action experience of your last games but make it extra hard to not die as to keep the focus on infiltration. I want a ninja stealth simulation, kinda like Armored Core is their take on Mécha Simulation.

Give me all the light and shadow parameters, noise, even a heartbeat gauge and sweat system making you slide on the floor (to your advantage or not) or letting foot/hand prints all over the place because of moisture. Give me a temperature system where your weapon can freeze in its sheat if you’ve gone into water with it, making you consider to keep it out even if it’s reflecting moonlight.

Make the enemies react to your actions based on % probability. Make each of them unique as they would have slightly different sight, hearing, intelligence and skill. Even for the same basic soldier, those parameters would make them have different chances of reacting one way or the other given the same action we do.
Let’s say there a soldier with bad sight (sight/hearing) : he will not see you from afar, comparing to another Ninja for example, whereas a Samurai could « sense » if you were not very careful with sound. Even that same soldier with bad sight, if he did saw you, would react within his set % probabilities. He could have 3 choices : shout and give the alarm, run away, or investigate on its own and decide to fight. Those 3 choices would be set with probabilities of happening for him. A bit like a random loot lol

Well… each time there’s a chance for a new Tenchu, I’m going completely overboard !
This sounds like the sloppiest, most boring game design and potentially most bloated UI in the entire history of the industry. I kinda wanna see it just to see how laughably terrible it would turn out. Develop it immediately and put it on Steam. I would legit buy it for all the wrong reasons.

MagnesD3

Make it a sci-fi horror. Like Bloodbourne but in space.
I wanna be an Astronaut that has Martial Arts who uses Laser Swords and Laser Guns, they have stats like Engineering and Chemistry, you have a little machine Gradius Option that you take with you and your trapped in a Cosmic Horror setting on an Abandoned Research Planet that has a Time Dilatation that causes the Time to Reset or something so the Dead keep coming back looping or something with Miyazaki Game's Art Style, Gameplay and Storytelling. Yeah I really want this..

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Unless it's Sekiro 2....
Great, yet another Dark Souls mix of everything they did before under a different name, with same exact mechanics named differently, ancient traversal system, reused animations, level design and stupid af jump puzzles. Can't-wait-shut-up-and-take-my-money!:messenger_unamused:

Raven117

I want From to go completely another direction. They are so talented, would be curious to see what they can do outside of their formula.

Top Bottom