• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From 295 to 170. 43% to 7.6% bodyfat. Flabs to abs.

Thanks. Figured that myself. I got weights last year but have been on/off with it. Decided to build some muscle because for my size (6'1) I was starring to look too skinny, but still looked skinny fat without a top on.

Weights have helped give me some definition.I guess thats the case with op, his added muscle help him look decent with a low bidyfat. Its just that I'm always on/off with weights because if I don't stick to my low calories diet then I pile the weight extremely easily. Some of it is muscle, some fat. My jeans get tighter around the waist etc.

I was about 179lbs this time last year. Now I'm 200-205. Again, some muscle, some fat.

I am where you're at buddy, i am 6'2 was 278 lbs by end of 2014, started hitting community gym, just did cardio(no option for weight lifting) dropped to 173lbs, have loose hanging skin around abs, been lifting weights on and off.

Also kudos to OP, your determination to be fit and look ripped is an inspiration.

Fellow GAF, what's your suggestion with dumbell exercises for the week. Like which day for what part of your body you'd recommend and your suggestions for nutrition would be helpful too. I am a vegetarian(no form of meat) but I am used to eating eggs.

Great job OP.

I'm on a similar journey myself. Right now I've gone from 33% body fat to about 21% in 5ish months. I still have a bit to go as my goal is to get to 9% body fat and then start the bulking/lose fat method to gain muscle.

My current 9% body fat weight is supposed to be like around 161-162 so I gotta keep at it and gain all of the muscle later.

Many people are noticing the difference already as I've lost like 33 lbs so far. But I still have 20 lbs more to go. I'm aware I'm going to look way too skinny if I get lean before gaining muscle, but I've heard enough benefits from people who bulk that getting lean before you bulk will make changes more noticeable so I am willing to put up with some months looking like a twig if it means I get to look at myself in the mirror later as I'm bulking and immediately see differences.

Top Bottom