• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 hits 10 Millions players

Tranquil

Played this game on gamepass a few days ago, I've never played a Forza game before and I never play racing games. But there was no racing, it was all time trials, after the 6th time trial I uninstalled it. I'm sure there is racing in there somewhere, but as a super casual to this game I just wanted to dive into a race with other vehicles easily and I couldn't figure it out.

Kagey K

Banned
Played this game on gamepass a few days ago, I've never played a Forza game before and I never play racing games. But there was no racing, it was all time trials, after the 6th time trial I uninstalled it. I'm sure there is racing in there somewhere, but as a super casual to this game I just wanted to dive into a race with other vehicles easily and I couldn't figure it out.
Press down on the dpad and then press right and Anna will make a waypoint to the nearest race.

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Oh just in case you experienced what I experienced I'll help clarify. I was only getting offroad races (the green symbol). I was frustrated as to why I only had these races. Well there are a few storymode like races you have to do before the different racing types get unlocked. I can't remember which ones I did unfortunately but eventually got every race type all over the whole map. It unlocks in a slightly strange way. Also the recommended or required car system can be a tad confusing. I had to lower some cars down from A class to B class to be able to have some more options for some races.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
we need more statistics than that, you say dedicating their time but what if they launched it played an hour or less and they count towards the 10 million.

Companies are not afraid to skew numbers to build hype and bring more invested people in.

fair comment. this is true, companies do skew numbers. The point stands that the game is universally praiswe’d, so I would imagine I’d you have an interest in the game and open world arcade games or the forza horizon franchise you will enjoy this one, as it’s one of the best.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Make sure you unlock the festival site that says it’s for actual road racing / racing.

Fredrik

we need more statistics than that, you say dedicating their time but what if they launched it played an hour or less and they count towards the 10 million.

Companies are not afraid to skew numbers to build hype and bring more invested people in.
People actually playing a game means something, even if they drop it later. Having a backlog with unplayed games is not uncommon at all but people that buy games without even playing for a second still increase the PR sales numbers that companies boast about.

Top Bottom