• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 has passed Fortnite on Xbox's most played games

GhostOfTsu

Banned
BuT hOw MuCh HaS iT sOlD?
But you're the one that brought up the sales of Miles Morales in multiple threads and compared them?

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

STARSBarry

Gold Member
And yet on PC on Microsofts own store its sat at 2/5 star reviews. Sadly I have been unable to play and will be until they deliver there patch.

I can play the intro with the 4 cars (120 FPS at max setting is amazing) however it crashes as soon as you reach the horizon festival.

Guess the PC launch is delayed a week for some of us.

ManaByte

Gold Member
And yet on PC on Microsofts own store its sat at 2/5 star reviews. Sadly I have been unable to play and will be until they deliver there patch.

I can play the intro with the 4 cars (120 FPS at max setting is amazing) however it crashes as soon as you reach the horizon festival.

Strange. Been playing on PC a lot fine.

MrFunSocks

Banned

Mine was the same, I managed to fix it by disabling windows sonic and changing up my power settings to highest performance. Not saying it’ll work for you but worth a shot.

xmagxus

Neo Member
Well deserved, it's a great racing game, it's nice to see it rightfully overtake something that is simply a product placement advertisement machine.

I will say though sometimes when playing great racing games like forza horizon's series it makes me think back to driveclub and how unfortunate it is that it is now gone - it had a rocky start but ended up being something amazing.

Warablo

Love Horizon games, it captures that perfect medium of feeling arcade and sim at the same time. It captures the general audience with its setting and great gameplay.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Love Horizon games, it captures that perfect medium of feeling arcade and sim at the same time. It captures the general audience with its setting and great gameplay.
It was an ingenious move by MS tbh. Use an existing incredible sim engine and then tweak it to be more accessible while still being rooted in realism and also benefiting from 2 different developers improving the engine. Forza Motorsport will no doubt have playground games engine enhancements in it too.

Last edited:

Fredrik

This is worthy of some celebration! 🍾 🎉 🎊 👏👏👏
FH5 > Everything on Xbox right now.
Metroid Dread is still GOTY though.

Fredrik

The reason why I like playground doing fable, is the details. The insane amount of details fable is gonna have, will be amazing.

The downside is the dialogue and the story. I dont want that cringy dialogue like fh5.

With obsidian, bethesda being under the same umbrella might fix that issue. Hope the knock out the park with fable, just like how Guerrilla Games did with hzd, when they transitioned from fps games.
Yeah it’s the tech that makes me excited about the new Fable. The story and dialogue can still be shit. Hopefully MS know that they have the best RPG makers under the same roof so they don’t bank on Playground to come from nowhere and make an RPG classic all by themselves, racing is a whole other thing.

genuine question: what makes it better than previous games? i played Horizon 3 + 4 but didn't enjoy them. what is so good about 5 that everyone is going crazy about?

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
The reason why I like playground doing fable, is the details. The insane amount of details fable is gonna have, will be amazing.

The downside is the dialogue and the story. I dont want that cringy dialogue like fh5.
Yeah it’s the tech that makes me excited about the new Fable. The story and dialogue can still be shit. Hopefully MS know that they have the best RPG makers under the same roof so they don’t bank on Playground to come from nowhere and make an RPG classic all by themselves, racing is a whole other thing.
Fable's lead writer is Anna Megill, who worked on games like Control and Dishonored DotO. She had nothing to do with Forza Horizon 5.

She seems to be a capable writer.

reksveks

genuine question: what makes it better than previous games? i played Horizon 3 + 4 but didn't enjoy them. what is so good about 5 that everyone is going crazy about?
I only got into the xbox ecosystem a couple of years ago and haven't played alot of 4 but one thing that I like more about 5 is the variation of the world. The festival nature of the world and its associated dialogue never bugged me but it might bug you.

nemiroff

Gold Member

Ȉ̴͕̙̣͓̩̎t̴̙̏͛̊'̶̰̮͇͗̈́͑͂̄͒͘s̷̛̱̰̘̘͙͓ͅ ̶̯̗̟̀͐̌̀͠a̶̡̛͓̱̩̯̐͑̚ ̷̞̾͑͌̚g̵͖̹̲̘̺̪̞͋̂̀͆l̴͙͌͒̿͐̎̐͠i̵͉͙̊͜ͅt̶̡̞̱͒͝ͅc̸̳͖̊͛̊̌͆̈́͝h̸͔̦̔̿ ̴̧̯̖̉̎̀͂ì̸̯̙̙̑̓̎͘n̵͕̼͈͕͗͗͘ ̶͍̞̱̹́ţ̷̹̭̘̖̬̀̀̎̅̆̐͌h̴̯͍͇͇̙̗̲͛̍̊͐̅̄̉ë̶͓̙̟͚͚͗ ̶̠̺͍̥̓͐̿̈́͝m̴̫̖̖̅ȁ̵̩͕̞͇̏͊̉̂͜ţ̵̖̣̺͇̌̽̐̇̈ř̸̰͇͖̦̲̿̏̿̍͠i̷̺̿x̸̤̻̪̩̀͛́ ̷̡̨͓̤͋̊̽͜N̷̼̣̲̬̻̬̚ͅe̸͓͙̦͋͂ͅỏ̷̮̬͓̓̉̂͌͌.̵̲̰͔͋̇.̶̢̛̰̯̫͖̥

If you didn't like the others you won't like this one. Clearly not your type of game.
i do like arcade racers though but thanks for telling me what i like.

my biggest issue with the Horizon games were the car controls which yknow play a huge part of a racing game so i didn't enjoy it for that. Everything else was fine but quite secondary in a car game. I'm just curious what 5 does that's better than 3/4? you're telling me i won't like it if i didn't like the others. so i'm asking if people liked the others then why is 5 so good? what's new/different?

I only got into the xbox ecosystem a couple of years ago and haven't played alot of 4 but one thing that I like more about 5 is the variation of the world. The festival nature of the world and its associated dialogue never bugged me but it might bug you.
thanks for your answer. the festival setting/dialogue didn't bother me. the maps were impressive too. the one set in the UK did bother me a little but i do live there so i was being a bit nit picky with places that were missing/in the wrong place. so 5's map is just bigger and more detailed?

Last edited:

Fredrik

Unlike many others I can’t really see why it would be a problem if Forza Horizon 5 would win GotY. Its obviously a quality game and they have reached a pretty wide audience with this installment.
It’ll be on many GOTY lists but The Game Awards has never nominated a racing game for the GOTY award. And this year Metroid Dread and Ratchet & Clank Seems more likely winners imo. But FH5 is the highest rated game this year when you remove games that has had earlier releases which TGA usually do, so who knows. It would be a historical win.

my biggest issue with the Horizon games were the car controls which yknow play a huge part of a racing game so i didn't enjoy it for that. Everything else was fine but quite secondary in a car game. I'm just curious what 5 does that's better than 3/4? you're telling me i won't like it if i didn't like the others. so i'm asking if people liked the others then why is 5 so good? what's new/different?

thanks for your answer. the festival setting/dialogue didn't bother me. the maps were impressive too. the one set in the UK did bother me a little but i do live there so i was being a bit nit picky with places that were missing/in the wrong place. so 5's map is just bigger and more detailed?
I would describe 5's map to be more open. It feels less constricted, brighter and just more fun to play. You get bigger stretches of road and more room to maneuver around. I think all and all, the difference in map is what makes it a much better game.

Mattyp

Gold Member

You’re going to have to explain what’s wrong with Horizons car controls because that’s one of the first times hearing a complaint about it.

You didn’t like the others so why would you like this?

You’re asking why people like this? Because a lot of people like Horizon and it’s just getting bigger.

I don’t like X but I don’t ask why I won’t like the X2 because I know nothing changes, games specially sequels are the same formula. 24 million players on FH4 just want more of the same in a bigger world.

Fredrik

I would say it’s mostly the same, still arcadey, still crazy, but at a warmer and more varied location and it’s simply better at everything. And you drive on the right side of the road. You have a very clear Pokémon gotta catch them all thing going for cars and there is an easy to understand progression map with boxes you check, and the campaign is bigger and better, you have absolutely mental xp and fast travel boards at the weirdest places too which I find fun to smash. I’m only 11 hours in, about 1/4 of the campaign I think, and it’s just getting better and better. If you didn’t like 3 and 4 I doubt you’ll like 5, But if you have Gamepass and can try it for free then jump in asap and play until you reach the Goliath race, that’s the absolute peak for me so far 👌

Top Bottom