• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Season 9 |OT| Epic Invents Capitalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
i fucking live for this shit

source.gif

Last edited:

Generic

Apparently Save the World will be released on the Switch.

Edit: Epic also removed it game from the stores. So maybe the game will finally enter the f2p phase.

Last edited:

Petrae

Watching the internet go into virtual DTs over the loss of Fortnite (however temporary this is) adds yet another parallel between that game and addiction.

It’s almost as if Epic took inspiration by its game getting compared to cocaine.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Might be somethin’, might be nothin’.

If you run these numbers through the Visitors recordings and pick out the words they point to, you end up with:

“I was not alone. Others were outside the loop. This was not calculated.
The Zero Point is now inevitable.”

Pretty eloquent for a random set of words, which makes me think they might be onto something.

s34ab

Banned
Watching the internet go into virtual DTs over the loss of Fortnite (however temporary this is) adds yet another parallel between that game and addiction.

It’s almost as if Epic took inspiration by its game getting compared to cocaine.

It's really no different than any other online game. Look at WoW. If there's ever server downtime (outside of scheduled maintenance) people lose their shit.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Incredible that this is still going on. The sheer amount of courage to commit to this with a billion dollar earner.

That said, I really, really miss Fortnite. It’s an absence makes the heart grow fonder thing.

When it comes back up, I’m going to be out of my mind with excitement... which I’m guessing is part of the design.

-Arcadia-

Banned
It’s hard to remember a time before the hole.

I have faint memories, colors really, and flashes of something else. Sometimes in my dreams, I remember that place. Sometimes I’ll daydream and something I don’t quite have an explanation for pops into my head.

Such things are irrelevant, though. Even if there was a time before the hole, by its design. All that matters is that the hole is truth. The hole is serenity.

Praise it.

Praise it. 😌

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
why tho, it's a fantastic game

Fornite is a fucking piece of shit that are ruining the gaming industry.

If people want a real Battle Royale Mode... then should copy from Capcom that they give us a amazing game in 90´s... so isn´t a "New" Genre.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Fortnite BR was the first fair f2p title and its influences on the market are good.

f2p and good influence do not go in the same sentence.

Fornite was a success because it is free with free online, I bet you want it to be that if it were paid even if it was economical, it would not have been successful.

The game is not only disgusting, it is a scam and gives society a heavy influence based on video games.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It takes some massive balls to both a) have your game down for this long and b) be making changes extensive enough to your golden goose to have it require this much downtime to cut over.

Generic

f2p and good influence do not go in the same sentence.

Fornite was a success because it is free with free online, I bet you want it to be that if it were paid even if it was economical, it would not have been successful.

The game is not only disgusting, it is a scam and gives society a heavy influence based on video games.
f2p games are a good thing now thanks to Fortnite.

Heimdall_Xtreme

f2p games are a good thing now thanks to Fortnite.

F2P games are the last thing that we want the gamers...

We want a game as should be.... complete, Not DLC, not paying for stupid costumes and accesories, no stupid Patch and Updates more of I GB each week.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’m really not interested in a page-long argument with a mindless zombie that that only follows trends, never played the game, and clearly knows nothing about it. We get it. Someone told you ‘Fortnite bad cause popular!’ and you proceeded to develop a worldview like a good little sheep.

Well, here’s a few for you. Gravity Rush is a shit, overrated game that steals the gravity mechanic of a better game. Vita is trash, and always was. And Nintendo is just kiddie fucking shit, and you really need to grow up, instead of posting in all their threads.

I don’t actually believe any of those things, but do you like your favorite things being shitted on by ignorant arguments? Doesn’t feel good, does it? Now imagine it in an fan OT.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
i hope this destroy this fucking game forever
Fornite is a fucking piece of shit that are ruining the gaming industry.

If people want a real Battle Royale Mode... then should copy from Capcom that they give us a amazing game in 90´s... so isn´t a "New" Genre.
Fornite make me so angry that even i give a double post.
Fortnite > Gravity Rush

Gravity Rush is made for horny little incels to fap to. Now grow up and stop shitposting. I swear to fucking god every time I see you make a post you're whining about Fortnite or talking about shitty fucking Gravity Rush.

-Arcadia-

Banned
What I am interested in, is that there’s a not small possibility that this game comes up an hour and half from now. I could be totally wrong, so don’t base plans on it.

- Multiple streamers have strongly hinted at Tuesday, including Ninja. Given that these streamers make a literal career out of this game, and are purported to have connections to Epic, it makes sense for Epic to give them a heads up
- Fortnite China announced that the game would be back on the 15th, because they have different rules over there. The fifteenth ends sometime in America’s morning, near noon.
- Epic always updates at 4AM EST for minimal server impact

Woo-Fu

Banned
Bunch of twitch streamers hoping that 4am time is it. No sign of Ninja on Mixer though.

Update: servers down for maintenance. Fortnite twitter tweets are back. ~20GB update on console according to twitch chat. 15GB on pc.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’m hiding this, because you have the right to decide whether you want to see this stuff in-game or in this thread.

The map (mega-spoilers):

New island, who this?

9EO8zcq.jpg

I love it so much already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom