• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite 2.4: Nexus War |OT| Now a licensed Marvel shovelware game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for taking so long man, it's a real bad habit of mine.

Yea the fidelity of details in McFarlane's figures really shone not just for Violator (I don't blame you for being scared, though I wonder why you got him in the first place haha) but also the Clive Barker series IIRC.

I don't know much about Moon Knight, my first time seeing him was in Zen Studios' Marvel Pinball. I do know he's also playable in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

And I'm sort of glad my guess was wrong; Venom's a fantastic skin, short of the weird graphical glitch around hie elbows, which oughta be fixed in the coming update.

Understandable man we all got alot of stuff going in our lives atm. And yeah haha I think why was because me and my dad were/are huge spawn fans. So while we had extensive knowledge of the character at the time. My mom had no idea that the clown/violater was that creepy lol. He looked alright in the movie. But for some reason my god the action figure was creepier than live action version. And yeah moon knight is as well known as spider man and other big marvel characters. He's getting a show on Disney plus so if that's a big hit I suspect he'll get a wider audience. Nice! I went into the live event as venom too, yeah some parts of his body is a little off but overall its a really great fantastic skin imo.

Understandable man we all got alot of stuff going in our lives atm. And yeah haha I think why was because me and my dad were/are huge spawn fans. So while we had extensive knowledge of the character at the time. My mom had no idea that the clown/violater was that creepy lol. He looked alright in the movie. But for some reason my god the action figure was creepier than live action version. And yeah moon knight is as well known as spider man and other big marvel characters. He's getting a show on Disney plus so if that's a big hit I suspect he'll get a wider audience. Nice! I went into the live event as venom too, yeah some parts of his body is a little off but overall its a really great fantastic skin imo.
Hah thanks for being so forgiving but I meant it when I said it's a bad habit. I'll reply in spurts and then sometimes I'll just leave things be for a long time while lurking.

From the sounds of things your mom bought the Violator figure? (!)

It's extremely cool to hear your dad's into Spawn as well!

My guess is that while ILM did a pretty good job at the time, Violator never really escaped the uncanny valley in that movie, or maybe they simply wanted to avoid being too scary (considering that horror movies before then were entirely capable of manifesting scary stuff on screen).

Damn, I had no idea Moon Knight was that big. Probably cause my exposure to Marvel was mostly through videogames and the comics/cartoons that were available to me.

Blade was via the movies as opposed to the Marvel Pinball pack, and boy were those movies dope, especially the second.

As for Venom, here's his Artstation page, imagine being the guy responsible, heh.

His pickaxe is pretty badass, though I kinda wish it was bigger all round. His back bling on the other hand feels like it's wasted potential (same with Ghost Rider, sadly). I reckon Blade has the best BB out of the shop's Marvel skins so far.

Here's a bunch of shots I took sporadically, mostly via replay mode. I made sure to get some shots featuring Venom's Smash n' Grab since it's unlikely we'll have access to it again soon.
6tz1znN.jpg

Grr-lactose isn't the only one who's hungry.
V1cJ6zI.jpg

Ironman's idea of banter, Venom's unhurt and unhappy.
aiKWp53.jpg

"When we've got our power, we can grab 'em by the body!"
PDphwoR.jpg

Facetime.
7040sK0.jpg

qzdpuQA.jpg

OpaeZyG.jpg

zLyNp58.jpg

KRsM96y.jpg

And a slew of RAAWWWR pics, check out those abs, ceps, pecs and traps.

I had a listen to the four clips uploaded. Those four and the upcoming clips are threaded under that pinned tweet, so click there for more.

Seems like Fortnite is getting meta? Third clip (warrior) implies that someone is bringing in these fighters/defenders from various realities to the BR island.

Fourth one (laser, hunter) should be obvious to anyone who's already seen the cropped leaked picture days ago.

The full picture showing all the skins has been leaked for those who are impatient like me:
CrOWehU.jpg

Gotta say I'm super intrigued with the one on the far left, cause it seems like she might be permanently toon/cell-shaded, making it seem like she's pulled right out of a universe in a completely different medium. Well, that and we need more badass killer androids after Tsuki.

And I wasn't expecting the vengeful spirit to look like he came from Tokyo 2099.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I just want to time travel and show someone from Chapter 1, Season 1 this, and blow their minds, lol.

Even if you’ve been around for the entire ride, it’s hard to fathom how far the game has come, and how much it has done (and is not letting up either). An absolute legend.

Hah thanks for being so forgiving but I meant it when I said it's a bad habit. I'll reply in spurts and then sometimes I'll just leave things be for a long time while lurking.

From the sounds of things your mom bought the Violator figure? (!)

It's extremely cool to hear your dad's into Spawn as well!

My guess is that while ILM did a pretty good job at the time, Violator never really escaped the uncanny valley in that movie, or maybe they simply wanted to avoid being too scary (considering that horror movies before then were entirely capable of manifesting scary stuff on screen).

Damn, I had no idea Moon Knight was that big. Probably cause my exposure to Marvel was mostly through videogames and the comics/cartoons that were available to me.

Blade was via the movies as opposed to the Marvel Pinball pack, and boy were those movies dope, especially the second.

As for Venom, here's his Artstation page, imagine being the guy responsible, heh.

His pickaxe is pretty badass, though I kinda wish it was bigger all round. His back bling on the other hand feels like it's wasted potential (same with Ghost Rider, sadly). I reckon Blade has the best BB out of the shop's Marvel skins so far.

Oh yeah there was plenty of McFarlane toys that use to scare me as a child lol. Imagine seeing this as child while walking into quiet isle in toys r us or media play haha. As for venom's back bling, yeah it was pretty lazy of them to just do a ball back bling like ghost riders. Alot of people were disappointed in the decision to those. I would have liked if his back bling was multiple smaller venom heads like planet of the symbiotes. And nice! I always appreciate the artist and modeler who takes the time make these skins. But there was some McFarlane's figures i absolutely thought were awesome. I liked his fairy tales figures, they were gruesome and messed up but still badass imo. I also liked his McFarlane's monsters series. Absolutely that Dracula and wolf man oooo boy were they just highly detailed.

nJlTQhb.jpg

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Haven't played since Winter 2018, how much has changed? I might reinstall to see if I like it cuz I only wanna play for the Mando stuff. 🐻

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I just want to time travel and show someone from Chapter 1, Season 1 this, and blow their minds, lol.

Even if you’ve been around for the entire ride, it’s hard to fathom how far the game has come, and how much it has done (and is not letting up either). An absolute legend.

Watched this live with my kids and i gotta admit it was a fucking blast, the music, visuals was great entertainment and my kids, fuck me they jumped up and down throughout the entire segment screaming at each other and their wee mates who where online as well, when my fav group kicked in i just amped up the system and they all went into overdrive lol

-Arcadia-

Banned
What’s the map like now?

Mostly the same around the outsides, sans a jungle replacing Homely, and Flush Factory coming back, alongside some awesome Chapter 1 buildings and locations.

The whole center of the map has changed to a sandy, dusty, crystalline wasteland with the zero point at the center, and abberations in reality like an unholy combination of Salty and Tilted (shudder) and a Gladiator coliseum.

The map really feels fresh and different, in the vein of the best seasons that really changed things up.

How do you get Baby Yeed/Mando? I might play this season just for them.

Battle Pass for $8 or whatever it is. Mando is available instantly, but You'll have to work through challenges to get the Beskar armor and Baby Yoda.

Haven't played since Winter 2018, how much has changed? I might reinstall to see if I like it cuz I only wanna play for the Mando stuff. 🐻

Literally everything outside of the core of the shooting/building mechanics. Lol. I can't overstate that. Even the island alone is completely different, without getting into all the individual things. It should be like a sequel to you.

Watched this live with my kids and i gotta admit it was a fucking blast, the music, visuals was great entertainment and my kids, fuck me they jumped up and down throughout the entire segment screaming at each other and their wee mates who where online as well, when my fav group kicked in i just amped up the system and they all went into overdrive lol

That's awesome. I love seeing the new generation have so much fun with games, and everything that can be done today. I think I might have been a tad close to childlike excitement myself today, lol.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
A season of hunters, huh?

I've got my fingers crossed for a certain one...

3fc3c8a2-9721-470b-85fc-d53525c057a0.jpg

Crazier things have happened, right? He certainly would fit in well with the jungle area. :)

As for the actual skins, I love the Mave set. She's so cool!

Last edited:

Jerm411

Crazier things have happened, right? He certainly would fit in well with the jungle area. :)

There’s a Reddit rumor/theory making the rounds that he’s in this season....would be awesome.

Man booted up the new season when I got home from work, back to back solo wins with Mando....I gotta retire now lol. Made me laugh, I’m a decent player but nothing to write home about and not near as good as my daughter or niece and nephews who play religiously, was just like wtf.

Already really enjoying the season, joined the Fortnite Crew...hell why not.

What if I told you that you aren't dreaming enough?

Imagine: Samus Aran in Fortnite, coinciding with an announcement of the Neo Nintendo Switch and Metroid Prime 4 gameplay.

But yea, Samus in Fortnite would be a new precedent. Predator has been in Ghost Recon Wildlands and I don't want leftovers in Fortnite! (JK, I grew up loving the Predator and if he did make it in it'd be amazing too.)

Maeve is fantastic and her ability to transform into a mershark shows that swimming is here to stay in Fortnite and I love that.

That said, I have a majorly huge soft spot for Menace. Epic had better have an "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?" emote at some point this season.

Oh yeah there was plenty of McFarlane toys that use to scare me as a child lol. Imagine seeing this as child while walking into quiet isle in toys r us or media play haha. As for venom's back bling, yeah it was pretty lazy of them to just do a ball back bling like ghost riders. Alot of people were disappointed in the decision to those. I would have liked if his back bling was multiple smaller venom heads like planet of the symbiotes. And nice! I always appreciate the artist and modeler who takes the time make these skins. But there was some McFarlane's figures i absolutely thought were awesome. I liked his fairy tales figures, they were gruesome and messed up but still badass imo. I also liked his McFarlane's monsters series. Absolutely that Dracula and wolf man oooo boy were they just highly detailed.

nJlTQhb.jpg
Haha, the scarier range of McFarlane toys were like an all year round Halloween's for you growing up it seems!

I wonder if your proposed BB for Venom would be considered too gross for Fortnite's artstyle and general aesthetic, heh.

Personally I favour the BBs that manage to fit in with that huge spider symbol on his back, I think Mystique's skull was a pretty good match for it but due to the way he's designed, I'm totally fine running him without one.

If my memory serves, that picture is one of the Clive Barker figures?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Not loving the new season. Feels too sparse in terms of weapons, items, and vehicles. Someone fast forward 5 weeks.

It's always heartwarming to read anecdotes like this. I'd assume the folks who worked on this at Epic are very happy to have entertained you and your family like this, amongst many others.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Well, I joined the Fortnite Crew thingy. Lol. For just a little bit more than the Battle Pass, plus free shop spending money and an amazing skin, why not?

The next few months though, where we’ll be on the same season, and there’s no new battle passes, if they want to keep me on this, they’d better deliver some amazing skins.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Well, I joined the Fortnite Crew thingy. Lol. For just a little bit more than the Battle Pass, plus free shop spending money and an amazing skin, why not?

The next few months though, where we’ll be on the same season, and there’s no new battle passes, if they want to keep me on this, they’d better deliver some amazing skins.

DimwittedPlumpCurlew-max-1mb.gif

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
What if I told you that you aren't dreaming enough?

Imagine: Samus Aran in Fortnite, coinciding with an announcement of the Neo Nintendo Switch and Metroid Prime 4 gameplay.

But yea, Samus in Fortnite would be a new precedent. Predator has been in Ghost Recon Wildlands and I don't want leftovers in Fortnite! (JK, I grew up loving the Predator and if he did make it in it'd be amazing too.)

Maeve is fantastic and her ability to transform into a mershark shows that swimming is here to stay in Fortnite and I love that.

That said, I have a majorly huge soft spot for Menace. Epic had better have an "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?" emote at some point this season.

YOU ARE MY FAVORITE PERSON RIGHT NOW :messenger_smiling_hearts:

OtNPnzp.gif

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love

Jn4unBR.jpg

I joined, too...and also bought the first 25 levels. I had to have upgraded Mave as soon as possible.

...If it's not glaringly apparent, I'm an idiot when it comes to frivolous spending. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Jn4unBR.jpg

I joined, too...and also bought the first 25 levels. I had to have upgraded Mave as soon as possible.

...If it's not glaringly apparent, I'm an idiot when it comes to frivolous spending. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

If it’s what you love, and you worked hard for the money, is it all that bad?

At least this is what I tell myself. Lol.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Do all seasons start so stripped back now?

It's starting to look like Epic brings the game back to its fundementals (building, shooting, editing) at the start of every new season and slowly adds interesting mechanics as the season progresses.

I suppose that's the best way to learn about your player base and how they react to certain changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom