• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

xrnzaaas

Zaru

I can't imagine Formula E will stay as low-cost as it is with all the big names starting to show interest. And how big can the grid get? Will the small teams get booted out?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Wasn't that the point of Formula E?
A trial run of what is to come.

As much as I love the sound, the smells, and working on internal combustion engines (the rotary beiny gave engine; I learned to drive on my brother's rx7), electric motors will just dominate consumer and sports.

Fuck all that self driving shit, though.

DD

I'm sure Mercedes could do an awful lot better than a washed-up F1 driver who's achieved bugger all in years.

The FE grid is very competitive. They'll no doubt place some of their young drivers in those seats.
Well, you're free to dislike the guy. You're also free to compare his career in Formula 1 to any of the Formula E's top drivers (Buemi, Piquet Jr, di Grassi and d'Ambrosio to name a few) that came from F1.

Agag has said that there are no plans to let team budgets spiral away in a Formula 1 way.

Speaking of which, the Marrakesh shakedown is live on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/fiaformulae/videos/vb.490941397612413/1287056521334226/?type=3&theater

So great to see a top motorsport event racing in Africa.

Speaking of Formula E, I wonder if one day hydrogen cars will be better than the electric ones. And if they do, will F-E follow the hydrogen path?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I've only played a few races, but so far I'm liking what I see. It's not as simple as the mobile game (where doing a one stopper guaranteed a race win every time), and it seems a lot of effort went into making sure the races are exciting. For instance, I was first in a race once, when it started raining and I decided to switch to Intermediates early, which was a mistake as the rain was too mild, and I ended up finishing fifth. There was really only one lap where the rain was hard enough to give me an advantage. The driver angrily asked me who the idiot that chose the tires was. My bad.

Races are fun, there's a practice session where you can fiddle around with the tires, wings, gears and brakes and then get driver feedback to adjust them further. They also give you buffs based on what you do (if you focus on Race Trim, you get a race performance modifier. If you use Mediums, the driver performs better on Mediums, etc.). Qualifying (at least in medium format) is a single session, and once again gives you feedback so you can switch the set-up if needed.

Races themselves give you a bunch of options, you can turn up the engine modes and tell the driver to be harder or easier on the tires to gain an advantage. It works out pretty well, I had one of my drivers go mild during the first stint which allowed me to get 2 extra laps out of the Supersoft tires, during which I had him push hard and it moved her up from 4th to 2nd after her stop. So that was satisfying. If you let the driver push too much though, the car gets very unreliable.

The only thing I'm not to sure about yet is the way development is handled. Basically you develop parts by focussing on certain elements, you can have "risky" development, which might give you a penalty after the race during scrutineering, but they have you building a part, which you can then fit on just one of your cars. You just get a big list of all the parts you've build and assign them to one of your cars.

All in all, it seems to be a worthy successor to GPM2, though. If you enjoyed that, you'll enjoy this.

I still have to pick the Steam version up. Have you gotten far enough in a career game where you can start voting on rule changes?

PowerTaxi

Banned
20161110211433_1a2u3q.jpg

Going to fire not-Kvyat soon, shitty ass driver qualified dead last and now he's swearing on comm's.

Fake Vettel's appearance is a glimpse into the future of Real Vettel.

DBT85

Nando broke down at T3 and after getting bored and starting to play keepy uppy with a stone, was offerd a cameramans seat lol

Cooler weather and showers expected for Saturday. Rain on the Sunday.

_92404869_alonso_camera.jpg

Practice One timesheet

1. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1:11.895
2. Max Verstappen, Red Bull, 1:11.991
3. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1:12.125
4. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1:12.371
5. Valtteri Bottas, Williams, 1:13.129
6. Sergio Perez, Force India, 1:13.289
7. Nico Hulkenberg, Force India, 1:13.23
8. Felipe Massa, Williams, 1:13.318
9. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, 1:13.567
10. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1:13.569
11. Carlos Sainz, Toro Rosso, 1:13.711
12. Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso, 1:14.090
13. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1:14.252
14. Fernando Alonso, McLaren, 1:14.296
15. Romain Grosjean, Haas, 1:14.507
16. Felipe Nasr, Sauber, 1:14.631
17. Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, 1:14.654
18. Esteban Ocon, Manor, 1:14.827
19. Jolyon Palmer, Renault, 1:14.908
20. Pascal Wehrlein, Manor, 1:14.948
21. Charles Leclerc, Haas, 1:15.391
22. Sergey Sirotkin, Renault, 1:15.800

Practice Two timesheet

1. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1:12.271
2. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1:12.301
3. Valtteri Bottas, Williams, 1:12.761
4. Felipe Massa, Williams, 1:12.789
5. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1:12.828
6. Max Verstappen, Red Bull, 1:12.928
7. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, 1:13.002
8. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1:13.002
9. Nico Hulkenberg, Force India, 1:13.299
10. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1:13.440
11. Fernando Alonso, McLaren, 1:13.572
12. Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso, 1:13.689
13. Carlos Sainz, Toro Rosso, 1:13.801
14. Sergio Perez, Force India, 1:13.918
15. Romain Grosjean, Haas, 1:14.074
16. Kevin Magnussen, Renault, 1:14.109
17. Felipe Nasr, Sauber, 1:14.309
18. Esteban Ocon, Manor, 1:14.317
19. Jolyon Palmer, Renault, 1:14.436
20. Esteban Gutierrez, Haas, 1:14.558
21. Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, 1:14.695
22. Pascal Wehrlein, Manor, 1:14.958

So the rumblings from a few weeks ago have resurfaced - Autosport and Sky seem pretty convinced that Ron is imminently going to be put on gardening leave to see out the rest of his contract at McLaren.

Zeknurn

I wonder if Todt would rather Ferrari stayed away.

Well I gotta go so I'll be missing both the FE race and F1 qualifying. Lets hope the latter isn't too dramatic.

DD

I also find it weird how low the interest in Germany is. All these german drivers and one successful german team... yet it's all in jeopardy.

Every year is the same. Bernie just wants to suck more money from these venues. "Oh, you have all these champions and nice instalations, it would be a shame not having a race in Germany because they don't want to pay us the same as Abu Dhabi". And now for Brazil, they just revamped the circuit. "Time to ask more money, because they won't want do lose the race now that they've invested all that money on the track".

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Fascinating F-E Qualifying.

Piquet Jr had one of the messiest qualifying laps I've seen.

Vergne/Techeetah messed up going out of the pit exit for his Super Pole run!

Rosenqvist wins Pole Position!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
"There's an umbrella on the outside of turn 1. Double waved yellows."

"Man chases the umbrella and recovers it. The yellow flag is removed"

CxEJH-BXUAA-Wxx.jpg

XiaNaphryz

If it's possible to rename the drivers in Motorsport Manager, someone should make a grid out of f1gaf and see who wins the championship.

I think Steam Workshop support is coming down the road. If they put in mod support, expect a lot of people working on putting in real teams and names.

My macbook pro doesn't have the minimum graphics card!

I cannot play it????? like, at all??

What GPU does it have? The min spec for integrated graphics is a Intel HD 5000, you may be able to run it at minimum graphics settings.

Steam has refunds at the very least if you get it and it ends up not working well.

I think Steam Workshop support is coming down the road. If they put in mod support, expect a lot of people working on putting in real teams and names.

What GPU does it have? The min spec for integrated graphics is a Intel HD 5000, you may be able to run it at minimum graphics settings.

Steam has refunds at the very least if you get it and it ends up not working well.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

No luck I guess :(

Anyone else feel like having two threads is a bit silly?

I think 1 thread should be enough... we're few anyway

What a lap from Kimster.. He's gonna win this one.. I know.. This time for real

XiaNaphryz

For those interested in seeing more Motorsport Manager impressions, this seems to be a decent blind LP. The guy mainly has played a lot of Grand Prix World and decides to take on Motorsport Manager completely blind - no tutorials in the highest racing series with the worst possible team, and tries to figure it out all out. So not necessarily the best example of top-notch play, but more of an example of someone new to this specific game but not the genre.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0kpXBjT2UE_NpCufyo53G57qkNIUxe4q

For those interested in seeing more Motorsport Manager impressions, this seems to be a decent blind LP. The guy mainly has played a lot of Grand Prix World and decides to take on Motorsport Manager completely blind - no tutorials in the highest racing series with the worst possible team, and tries to figure it out all out. So not necessarily the best example of top-notch play, but more of an example of someone new to this specific game but not the genre.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0kpXBjT2UE_NpCufyo53G57qkNIUxe4q

Motorsport Manager looks cool, but I'll wait for a price drop. And for F1 season mods. ;)

I'm really interested in this game.. but there aren't any reviews around..

I don't also have a computer that can run it :(

Top Bottom