• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Five former Ubisoft executives arrested after sexual harassment investigation

Five former executives from Ubisoft have been arrested by French police following a year-long investigation into sexual assault and harassment within the company.

French newspaper Libération reported that three were arrested yesterday, with another two placed in custody today.
Among those arrested are former chief creative officer Serge Hascoët and ex-VP of editorial and creative services Tommy François.

Both left the publisher in Summer 2020, following allegations of widespread abuse, harassment and discrimination within Ubisoft, including claims against the two executives.
The arrests followed complaints by the Solidaires Informatique union and two victims in the summer of 2021. It is being handed by the public prosecutor's office in Bobigny, a district of Paris.
Speaking to Libération, the plaintiff's lawyer Maude Beckers said the case goes beyond individual behaviour and "reveals systemic sexual violence."

GamesIndustry.biz reached out to Ubisoft. A spokesperson told us: "Ubisoft has no knowledge of what has been shared and therefore can't comment."

Kakax11

Banned
Let me see who those "guys" are.... oh ok they all seems to be kinda ...... the same !!!!

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Executives were like: Hey girl, I have an Ubisoft Original right here in my pants.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Last edited:

StueyDuck

It's funny how all these video games that tell us off and call use evil for not being woke enough end up having these sorts of things going on in the background...

Almost like predators love to disguise themselves to their prey, like wokeness is just a facade

Last edited:

Bojji

It's funny how all these video games that tell us of for not being woke enough end up having these sorts of things going on in the background...

Almost like predators love to disguise themselves to their prey

Same is true for catholic church, they love to teach people how to be morally good while having very high % of degenerates in their ranks.

Both right and left wat of thinking are equally stupid, truth (as always) is in between.

20cent

Banned
"Systemic sexual violence"

I know nothing of that story.

However, all I know is that the Liberation VG podcast crew and extended circle are the equivalent of Jason Sareier + Resetera in France. They are extremely biased and cry about crunch and advocate for the 4 days work week since years. And of course they hate Ubi as much as Quantic Dream, because self-hate is the only acceptable french trait.

StueyDuck

Same is true for catholic church, they love to teach people how to be morally good while having very high % of degenerates in their ranks.

Both right and left wat of thinking are equally stupid, truth (as always) is in between.
That's why I still vote on sending an anonymous link of resetera to the FBI so they can so a little... research

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

With the kinda money these guys have you would think they would just pay to play with professionals if they wanna get their rocks off. Jeopardizing your money to chase after women who dont want you is pure idiocy and shows just how much they are slaves to their sex drive.

Serge Hascoët is the guy who made all games feel the same. All games had to be approved and follow the guidelines of his Paris team.

Top Bottom