• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First PS5 photo from the factory

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
f87Lt8Y.png

Don't know the source of this.

ethomaz

Banned
The source is from some private discord server probably for devs or PS related.
The pic is internal Sony (and devs) stuff probably to show they archiving the first unit or some milestone.

Looks real.

There are two devs in ERA that says the pic is indeed real.
I tried to find any similar photo that can prove manipulation but that image is unique to Google search.

The guys are Sony engineers... the one holding the PS5 already showed in others PS4 photos.

Last edited:
This was posted already in the size comparison thread.
And here, as well

ethomaz

Banned
That was confirmed fake, several times now. Check out the reeeeera thread.

This is the real one, before it was photoshopped.
3lCcdI1.jpg

ok I'm just joking, this is seriously the real one, and it even includes the lead engineer in miniature form.

4SePKXs.jpg

It was never confirmed fake lol
Reset era says it is real several times.

Last edited:

Dolomite

What's the over under for these guys' hieght?
It's about torso sized in the photo

Last edited:

vpance

Could probably get a decent measurement based off the height of one of the dudes glasses. Guy on right most likely wearing a 36-38 mm tall frame.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
The picture comes from discord. Yes that discord.
Not that discord... it is was a discord server where PS devs are there too and not the Xbox Discord server.
There are different discord servers.

I know after the Xbox Discord incident people will think Discord is all the same.

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
Not that discord... it is was a discord server where PS devs are there too and not the Xbox Discord server.
There are different discord servers.

Someone on desetera who is in the discord said that’s where it came from.

But ok then.

Last edited:

Kdad

Especially no on its side. If it's too tall....it won't shrink when you lay it down. Seriously doubt the XSX fits in one as well. These things are chonks
A CEC with expertise in tv/BluRay/VCR/stereo components
Especially no on its side. If it's too tall....it won't shrink when you lay it down. Seriously doubt the XSX fits in one as well. These things are chonks
It's about 14 to 15 inches wide and 8 to 10 deep when on its side...approx size of amps, VCR/dvd combos etc...all which fit fine in entertainment centres...it's smaller than standard stereo amps and receivers...

You must have a tiny entertainment system.

Last edited:

Dolomite

A CEC with expertise in tv/BluRay/VCR/stereo components

It's about 14 to 15 inches wide and 8 to 10 deep when on its side...

You must have a tiny entertainment system.
Probably right. Just can't see how I'm going to make either of these "look good" in a living room. Not a buying factor, I'm hella excited but fuck they are behemoths. Can u imagine owning an XSX and PS5? It would Look like a mini server room

The source is from some private discord server probably for devs or PS related.
The pic is internal Sony (and devs) stuff probably to show they archiving the first unit or some milestone.

Looks real.

There are two devs in ERA that says the pic is indeed real.
I tried to find any similar photo that can prove manipulation but that image is unique to Google search.

The guys are Sony engineers... the one holding the PS5 already showed in others PS4 photos.
If it was any Devs discord server then we would had leaks years ago about consoles specs etc...
This looks fake, the dimensions and curves dont match the official ps5 pics.

lukilladog

A just don´t know why everybody are calling them chinese though. Japanese men share like the same 5 brows, eyes, mouth, and glasses :p

Kdad

Probably right. Just can't see how I'm going to make either of these "look good" in a living room. Not a buying factor, I'm hella excited but fuck they are behemoths. Can u imagine owning an XSX and PS5? It would Look like a mini server room

Think of the savings on heat :

Hopfully you have height adjustable shelving for the XsX but width and depth are fine...I dont need an XSX but i have a fairly non descript black box gaming machine in my unit and it kinda fades away after awhile.

PaintTinJr

If genuine then why would the six people in the shot not be socially distancing? Is the factory in a country that isn't doing marked lines to denote distancing? Are Sony not doing socially distancing for their staff?

The histogram of the photo looks natural - but at such a small resolution a downscaled reduction pf an original would mask that, by smoothing any discontinuity in the graph I suppose. But it seems odd that the female - to the left, behind the screen - looks like she has had her detail photoshopped out when zooming in, so if her face/mask detail was edited out that should show in the histogram IMO.

It could easily be real, but it feels like the image is false to me - even if that is or isn't the console size.

ethomaz

Banned
If genuine then why would the six people in the shot not be socially distancing? Is the factory in a country that isn't doing marked lines to denote distancing? Are Sony not doing socially distancing for their staff?

The histogram of the photo looks natural - but at such a small resolution a downscaled reduction pf an original would mask that, by smoothing any discontinuity in the graph I suppose. But it seems odd that the female - to the left, behind the screen - looks like she has had her detail photoshopped out when zooming in, so if her face/mask detail was edited out that should show in the histogram IMO.

It could easily be real, but it feels like the image is false to me - even if that is or isn't the console size.
Japan? From what I know they don’t have mandatory rules for social distancing.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
I got 9 glasses tall 6 wide. Probably a 38mm lens frame so 40 total height including frame width

ps5.png

40mm x 9 = 360mm
40mm x 6 = 240mm

Seems close based on other estimates I've seen.

I love this so much, my new fav unit of measurement!

My sources said when all the telescopes pointed to the center of our milky way to 'see' the black hole there (its outer edges) what it actually saw was the PS5.

Top Bottom