• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First picture of superman…

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The framing and pose are fucking horrible. That's a Batman shot, not a Superman one.

As for the suit, glad the trunks are back, and it's clear they are going more for naturalistic look, rather than Henry Cavill's stuffed sausage impression. Would have preferred a more down to earth cloth look though, and the collar is a rip off of Reeves's Batman.

Kinda like the fact it's damaged though. Nice touch.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Its real? I saw this earlier and thought it was something a fan made with AI. Odd choice for the first photo.

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

bitbydeath

Gold Member
So background? Brainiac? What's been confirmed so far, I haven't really kept up with any of this
Got a big cast.

Rachel Brosnahan (Lois Lane),
Nicholas Hoult (Lex Luthor),
Sara Sampai (Eve Teschmacher),
Edi Gathegi (Mister Terrific),
Terence Rosemore (Otis),
Skyler Gisondo (Jimmy Olsen),
Anthony Carrigan (Metamorpho),
Isabela Merced (Hawkgirl),
Nathan Fillion (Guy Gardner),
Maria Gabriela de Faría (The Engineer).

Thankfully this won’t just be the usual Superman story on repeat.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Looks like AI artwork. All he needs is more fingers than a normal human being.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Banned
Got a big cast.

Terence Rosemore (Otis),

well at least it's not just the usual, but to be fair with James Gunn there is some pedigree of taking the unknown and making it popular, although i personally think his suicide squad and peacemaker projects weren't as good as his work on Guardians, it's still way better than anything else we've had for a while that's not batman related in DC.

I'm just wondering what that big purple eyeball beam thing would be alluding too in the background, if anything at all.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Got a big cast.

Terence Rosemore (Otis),

Holy crap Nathan Fillion is Guy Gardner? Well they got me day one now.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
The framing and pose are fucking horrible. That's a Batman shot, not a Superman one.
Yep, the tone is completely wrong, and misses the point of the character. If shit is going down, the last thing he would prioritize is putting on his costume. Hiding his identity doesn’t even come close to the importance of saving people.

The movie may turn out good, but this is not a winning first look.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Yep, the tone is completely wrong, and misses the point of the character. If shit is going down, the last thing he would prioritize is putting on his costume. Hiding his identity doesn’t even come close to the importance of saving people.

The movie may turn out good, but this is not a winning first look.

The casting of the supporting cast so far seems pretty good at least. But yea, the first major pic being some more dour Snyderverse-feeling crap was not a good first move.

Billbofet

I am about as excited for this as anyone could be, but this pic has me a bit worried.
This just doesn't align with the Superman I know or want, or maybe there is just some context missing.
Also, looks AI generated.

Have him running towards a phone booth with his shirt ripped open to show the S or something, anything but him looking like he's trying on boots he just got delivered from Amazon....nah!

The creases in the suit in the shoulder area bother me more than anything else.

I think he looks great. He's really bulked up a lot so at least physically he looks imposing. Looks like a younger Cavill in a way.

Not the best first time photo so hopefully Gunn releases a better follow up image.

Neolombax

I personally don't have an opinion on it. Looks fine, its just a picture of the new superman. I'd probably have more of an opinion if it was a trailer instead.

ssringo

Looks like the promo image of the 4th (?) Goku vs Superman death battle. Supes is tired of this shit...

Toots

Gold Member
What does it even mean?
Going by the "in engine footage" definition it means the finished product will look nothing like that.

Anyway what's up with the kamehameha in the background ? Are we finally going to have an answer to the age old question ?
#whowillwin

UZprErI.png

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I always thought Superman was fucking lame and that picture further proves that.

Herp a derp lemme put on my shoes. Wow what a badass.

Lambogenie

GM64P_fWsAAiVAZ

How does Christopher Reeve's and Brandon Routh's KC suits look miles better than this 2024 crap.

Stop getting shit costume designers/inspired by MCU. I like MCU, but not every suit needs to be designed with that same idea.

Extra padding, extra line works, all the bumps and textures - it doesn't work on every suit so please for the love of god, stop doing it. Marvel are guilty of it as well, and it was surprising they stopped with extra line work for Spidey and not adding the ugly basketball texture as well/as much.

Do these designers look at other cultures for material composition and garment designs? You could easily make the same 2024 suit in a slimmer/form fitting fashion with other fabrics. But nah, let's keep doing the military bumpy leather look.

TheZink

He’s yoked but doesn’t seem to have the massively broad shoulders that Cavill has. That man is sculpted by the gods.

Anyway, need to see him in a more traditional pose, I guess.
I agree. anyone is a step down from Cavill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom