• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

first "Next-Gen" Fallout, 3 screen-shots

You should be banned for that clickbait title.
Mad See Ya GIF by 1st Look

cormack12

Gold Member
In Performance mode on Series X, I immediately noticed I could see things clearly from very far away. And of course solid 60fps
Yeah ignore me lol. I realised I downloaded the patch for the ps4 version. I'm downloading the ps5 sku now.

Do saves transfer?

Ozriel

M$FT
Witcher 3 was a 2015 game, and it had a major visual overhaul for free

There’s a reason why that’s the only game people continually cite.

Fallout 4’s received the same level of upgrades Days Gone, Horizon ZD and God of War got…essentially resolution and framerate hikes.

I would have liked to see Bethesda put more effort into making the patch even more ‘current gen’. Improved textures, better effects etc, along with some popular mods rolled in.

Last edited:
Running quality @120, with VRR.

There's a difference.

Faster load times. Combat feels much better.

It's in the details. Specifically, before the update I decided this would be my tell... if you're in Diamond City and look at the smoke stack in the center, at times the smoke is weird and blocky. Usually from far away like in the stands.

Now, all the smoke looks like a gas.

Mr Moose

There’s a reason why that’s the only game people continually cite.

Fallout 4’s received the same level of upgrades Days Gone, Horizon ZD and God of War got…essentially resolution and framerate hikes.

I would have liked to see Bethesda put more effort into making the patch even more ‘current gen’. Improved textures, better effects etc, along with some popular mods rolled in.
There is no native version of Days Gone, God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn, is there? :pie_thinking:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Witcher 3 was a 2015 game, and it had a major visual overhaul for free

To O Ozriel 's point, you can count the number of games across the last decade that got updates like that over one hand fingers (Witcher, Cyberpunk, Gears 5 and maybe one or two I'm missing).

Games with paid remasters released in 2024 got much lesser upgrades comparatively. Comparing Witcher with other games is kinda .. eh ..

Last edited:

violence

On PC I think the only mod I had was the one that deleted a lot of the fluff from the 4K textures update that was wasting gigs of space for no reason.

You think that announcing it, meant they were working on it?
It's actually hilarious that some people think there was someone working on this update for the past two years.

Knowing Bethesda, they probably forgot they announced it and assigned some interns to update it sometime in the past 30 days.

Came back to this game on PC in VR. Now that there's a DLSS mod, this game is running like perfection. Loaded with mods. And it's spectacular.

Sybrix

Fallout 4 has always looked crap, even at launch, the game was such a downgrade from Fallout 3.

The UI is god awful and ruins the experiance.

This 'next gen' update streches it all out and makes it look even worse!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Fallout 4 has always looked crap, even at launch, the game was such a downgrade from Fallout 3.

The UI is god awful and ruins the experiance.

This 'next gen' update streches it all out and makes it look even worse!
Yeah but it says next gen

Looks like better shadows and lighting to me. Zoom in on the shadows on the left if it helps you see better. If the shots are taken from the same save file, why she would the lighting be different? Should be the same time of day.
EuyVQue.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom