• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First gameplay trailer released for the STALKER-inspired game in CRYENGINE 2, STALKER: Legacy of Times.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

STALKER: Legacy of Times started as a mod for Crysis Wars. However, this modification will be completely free and will come out as a standalone game. In other words, you won’t have to own the first Crysis or Crysis Wars.

Furthermore, the game territories will be located northeast of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, and weapons creation will be finished in the later stages of development.
Lastly, here are the key features of the game:
  • Explore the territories to the northeast of the Chernobyl station near the borders of Belarus.
  • An open world of about 4 square kilometers, including underground facilities with their own secrets.
  • Continuous storyline with a wide variety of side quests.
  • Implemented systems of trading, weapon modification, and equipment creation.
  • New anomalies, new artifacts, a revised and improved artifact search system.
  • New mutants, as well as reworked old ones.
  • Random encounters, solving the puzzles and participating in legendary events.
  • Custom lore, built on top of the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
oh heck, this could be a fun time. something to tide me over while I wait for STALKER 2

A third of the trailer is a boring fly-over of some ice level. Nothings happening and there's a comically generic dub step song playing, that would have been dated in 2013.

They literally play old timey slide projector sounds over a bunch of screenshots but don't have any VFX to make them look like slides. Basically zero effort.

10/10 day 1 for me.

Top Bottom