• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fight vs Streets of Rage - Stand And Be Counted GAF !

Final Fight vs Streets of Rage

• Total voters

SeraphJan

Streets of Rage 2 considered a home console game released as early as 1992, the overall quality is insane. It matches arcade quality in 1992 standard.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
the only right answer is
capsule_616x353.jpg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Final Fight was THE arcade I searched out when I was a kid. I don't even remember a Streets of Rage arcade?

I love all those franchises, but I’ll have to go with Streets of Rage. The latest SOR4 just further cements it’s legacy and was excellent. Capcom REALLY should make a new Final Fight though. It’s long overdue.

Last edited:
Streets of Rage is less repetitive (I would have Put SoR 2... V.S. ANY brawler).

Golden Axe (arcade) & Revenge of Death adder are up there as well.

Final Fight looks and plays great too, but this is not the same thing.

For me, Final Fight (Arcade) is the best game of either that series or Streets of Rage. The following is all IMO, of course.

Haggar is by far and away the most interesting protagonist to play with.

The basic attack in Streets of Rage 1 and 2 (I haven't played 3 very much) just seemed to lack much oomph (feeling of impact). I put that down to the disappointing sound effect, which admittedly was improved in SoR2 over SoR. In Final Fight there's a much more satisfying smack sound when you connect. It's surprising how much difference that makes.

The enemies are better in Final Fight, and certainly more iconic. It always looked a bit strange to me that the knife enemy in SoR just walked towards you holding out. I much preferred El Gado and Holly Wood in Final Fight who would throw them at you (and you could pick them up if they missed), as well as their jumping knife attack. Plus, they don't do this:

The range of enemy attacks in Final Fight is excellent. Some will try to get behind you, some will jab once and then hop back out of range (Two-P), some will stand off and jump over your punch (Roy / Poison), some will wait and charge (Andore, I hate you) and some will just come forwards. Some of the bosses in SoR one are infuriating. They're better in SoR 2 although Velhelits, whatever it was supposed to be, I always found lame.

The music is better in SoR, certainly.

I'd say that the SoR trilogy is better overall than the FF trilogy, especially if you take the SNES versions of Final Fight One. But the best game for me is Final Fight One arcade version.

I enjoyed Mighty Final Fight and Streets of Rage 4. Final Fight Revenge was poor, and Streetwise is a shitstain that should have lead to imprisonment.

Shame there was never a sequel......On the other hand, Final Fight CD's music as one-hit-wonder as the game is, is up there with Streets of Rage 1's music...(Final Fight 2 and 3 were nowhere near as good as Streets of Rage 2 and maybe 3) Also talking about Final Fight CD, makes you wonder why the Sega CD was left-off for a port of Streetfighter 2, it could have had music as good as the 3DO version..

It's because Sega themselves had a hand in the development of the CD versions. It's why they're stuck only on the Sega CD and were never released in anthologies.

Final Fight CD > Streets of Rage 2 = Streets of Rage 4 > Final Fight 2 > Streets of Rage > Final Fight 3 > Streets of Rage 3.

Pretty close overall for me .

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Depends on the version but Final Fight CD on Sega CD is my all time favorite beat em up but if I have to choose the SNES version, then I go with Streets of Rage.

Togh

Streets Of Rage, of fucking course

Anyway, how can I vote on the poll? When I click on it, it shows the names of whom voted, instead of registering my vote

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Streets Of Rage, of fucking course

Anyway, how can I vote on the poll? When I click on it, it shows the names of whom voted, instead of registering my vote
For polls I think you need minimum 50 posts. (not exactly sure about the count)

Edit: My mistake if Starforce above is correct. Had a feeling there was some kind of minimum needed before voting.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

For polls I think you need minimum 50 posts. (not exactly sure about the count)

Edit: My mistake if Starforce above is correct. Had a feeling there was some kind of minimum needed before voting.
I think both are true, for his case might be due to 50 post, for my case might be for 30 days(which was told by one of the mod) since I already had almost 500 post

Top Bottom