• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Patch 3.2: "The Gears of Change" trailer up, out Feb 23

Arkeband

Banned
Yes, I know Minfilia factors into the new MSQ, but how does that mean that the voice speaking at the end of the trailer is hers? She isn't shown during that sequence. And again: it doesn't sound like something she would say, but rather something Hydaelyn would.

??? Are you looking at the picture? It looks like she and Hydaelyn are one and the same now, or at least that's my guess.

What's the point of playing if you skip the content one may ask...

I was just pointing out that those not being run as often doesn't stop you from going after 3.2 content.

Rising_Hei

The fundamental problem of trying to come back to a themepark MMO where old content is made obsolete instantly by new content will rear it's ugly head for the first time in FFXIV. Longtime WoW players know about the cycle, I think this is the first time we'll really see it here.

A lot of people have been gone for a long time during the long content drought after HW. They're going to come back and find that nobody is doing old content, making it impossible to catch up. To say nothing of trying to find a new raid group if your old one broke up and quit.

Realistically, I'm at a point where all I want to do is continue seeing the story even though it has been so uninteresting after the ARR period. I might just wait for the next expansion and do the entire HW period's story at once in one month with the expansion's story. That would save me on sub fees, now that Yoshi has demolished my house I have nothing left to return to.

My feelings exactly, only that some aspects as the grinding get worse as the game gets older (that new relic weapon is too insane and too repetitive to achieve)

Quit last month and i don't think i'll ever be back, i still have my two houses (FC + private), and they put that stupid restriction, and makes me sad so unless i come back after 90 i'll lose everything because they want to keep the subs while still making shitty content that doesn't innovate :)

FFXIV's peak was @ 2.1 and has been getting less enjoyable since, imo; it doesn't help that Yoshi has too many sympathizers when he's making the same mistakes that the old team did, the gameplay and stability is better than 1.0 for sure, but that's all.

AgeEighty

??? Are you looking at the picture? It looks like she and Hydaelyn are one and the same now, or at least that's my guess.

It looks to me like she's just floating in front of Hydaelyn, just like the player character has done on many occasions.

Still doesn't in any way suggest that it's her talking, since the image you posted doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the last scene in the trailer. Even the voice itself sounds far more like Hydaelyn than Minfilia, even though we don't know who Min's VO will be.

Matticers

The fundamental problem of trying to come back to a themepark MMO where old content is made obsolete instantly by new content will rear it's ugly head for the first time in FFXIV. Longtime WoW players know about the cycle, I think this is the first time we'll really see it here.

A lot of people have been gone for a long time during the long content drought after HW. They're going to come back and find that nobody is doing old content, making it impossible to catch up. To say nothing of trying to find a new raid group if your old one broke up and quit.

Realistically, I'm at a point where all I want to do is continue seeing the story even though it has been so uninteresting after the ARR period. I might just wait for the next expansion and do the entire HW period's story at once in one month with the expansion's story. That would save me on sub fees, now that Yoshi has demolished my house I have nothing left to return to.

I was thinking about coming back to the game soon and giving it a shot but this post makes me hesitant since I stopped playing soon after HW came out. I didn't get too far into it before I left last time. Didn't they use to have a daily duty finder dungeon bonus? I guess that's not really helping much anymore or did they get rid of that? It used to be pretty key in helping new people get through story battles and dungeons and all that.

Hasney

a1ac4de1c7a02afdbf4574b15951d5e32398be84.gif

Time to re-sub for a month

I was thinking about coming back to the game soon and giving it a shot but this post makes me hesitant since I stopped playing soon after HW came out. I didn't get too far into it before I left last time. Didn't they use to have a daily duty finder dungeon bonus? I guess that's not really helping much anymore or did they get rid of that? It used to be pretty key in helping new people get through story battles and dungeons and all that.
You will have no trouble whatsoever doing story content thanks to roulletes, and you can easily get people together to do side endgame stuff like extreme primals. That post only really applies to old 24 man raids since they are straight up pointless. For example, by the time you can do CT you'll already have better gear than what drops there.

As for gear progression, there's a new tome coming up so as long as you have a level 60 character you can do roulletes/level 60 dungeons and gear up for endgame.

Top Bottom