• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake + Intergrade reaches over 7 million shipped and sold digitally worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Summon Final Fantasy GIF by Xbox

Square got a ton of money from Sony although IIRC I don't think it's ever been entirely disclosed how much. (This was to jumpstart PS4 sales in Japan mainly)

NahaNago

I was honestly expecting more like 10 million. I'm sure they've already made a profit since Sony has probably paid them twice if it was on ps plus and for the exclusivity.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Being incomplete is a problem but otherwise good numbers

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Should have been more but it will be released on more platforms for sure and inevitably in complete bundles so I expect that nuimber to almost double over time.

I was honestly expecting more like 10 million. I'm sure they've already made a profit since Sony has probably paid them twice if it was on ps plus and for the exclusivity.
Ff7 has huge hype but it's because of nolstgla and people making noise. It took like 15 years for the original ff7 and steam releases etc for it to reach 10 million.

These games are lucky if they sell 6 million.

SE need to set better budgets and aim. For 5 million for an FF game if they don't want to be disappointed.

NahaNago

Ff7 has huge hype but it's because of nolstgla and people making noise. It took like 15 years for the original ff7 and steam releases etc for it to reach 10 million.

These games are lucky if they sell 6 million.

SE need to set better budgets and aim. For 5 million for an FF game if they don't want to be disappointed.
The hype is the reason I thought it would sell better. I mean ff7 has been talked about so much for so many years I would have figured folks would have been curious about the game just because of that. 5 million should have just been just the starting point for this game. I do agree that they do need to set better sell targets and better control of their budgets.

The hype is the reason I thought it would sell better. I mean ff7 has been talked about so much for so many years I would have figured folks would have been curious about the game just because of that. 5 million should have just been just the starting point for this game. I do agree that they do need to set better sell targets and better control of their budgets.
Hype by gaming media and a vocal minority doesn't mean big sales.
FF fans are tiny compared to mainstream franchises. Casuals don't buy FF but they buy something like the Witcher.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
I expected more tbh… this is sad. No wonder why SE are trying other things. Sad times ahead for SE.

Astral Dog

Increased the revenue earned??

Looks like a big budget title. $200 million budget range. 7 million is close to break even point.

If not then they made a nice profit.
I heard Square upgraded their budget for FFVII Rebirth because they were happy with the sales numbers of Remake

It was a random post here but, watching Rebirth trailer its not unbelievable

It says shipped and sold. Its not engagement numbers.

Yes. Never said otherwise.

I heard Square upgraded their budget for FFVII Rebirth because they were happy with the sales numbers of Remake

It was a random post here but, watching Rebirth trailer its not unbelievable

Yeah, sequal looks good and even more expensive i think. Kinda weird.

But it's SE so par for the course i guess.

I'm so confused. What does "Shipped And Sold Digitally" even mean?

Is this supposed to be a combination of retail sold-in (+) digital units purchased?

It wasn't?

I mentioned it must've brought additional revenue for the game.

I take it you have some issue with game making money via subscription service?

No but it seems like you have issues with the game selling copies. Which is why you brought subscriptions into a topic about sales. It seemed out of place to me.

Subscription helped it to get additional revenue from 7 million copies sold.

Gosh, this was so clear from my posts.

That doesn't make any sense. Copies sold and revenue from subscriptions are two different things. Buying a physical or digital copy isn't going to influence revenue from subscriptions. To my knowledge the game doesn't have any subscriptions within it.

I still think you need to be more clear.

Edit: If anyone else can help explain this to me feel free to help out.

Last edited:

NahaNago

Hype by gaming media and a vocal minority doesn't mean big sales.
FF fans are tiny compared to mainstream franchises. Casuals don't buy FF but they buy something like the Witcher.
The Witcher is a weird comparison since the first 2 didn't sell that well. From what I googled Witcher 2 sold like nearly 2 million around launch but the witcher 3 sold like 50 million copies altogether.

SkylineRKR

Isn't 7 million rather shitty after over 3 years and a rerelease? Its not like this game was developed quickly too. It was like the most wanted remake of all time, and asked about for over a decade.

Now, a part 2 that pretty much requires you to play the first part should traditionally sell less than this.

Square fucked this with their multipart release. Consumers knew the game wasn't the entire thing. In my opinion they should've gone for Xenoblade or FFXIV ish graphics and scale with the entire FFVII game in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom