• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Preview Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member
Various news outlets and influencers got their hands-on and posted their impressions today:

These videos and blogposts contain some spoilers

Videos:

Blogposts:

Playstation Blog: https://blog.playstation.com/2023/09/20/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-hands-on-report-playable-sephiroth-cahocobo-exploration-junon-and-more/

IGN: https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-rebirth-the-first-preview

GameInformer:: https://www.gameinformer.com/exclus...s-6-burning-questions-about-final-fantasy-vii

Eurogamer: https://www.eurogamer.net/final-fantasy-7-rebirth-is-remake-supercharged

Gamespot:: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/f...-remakes-gameplay-in-smart-ways/1100-6517843/

NoisyPixel: https://noisypixel.net/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-preview/

RPG Site: https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/148...ange-up-the-game-in-final-fantasy-vii-rebirth

Gematsu: https://www.gematsu.com/2023/09/fin...st-hands-on-previews-gameplay-and-screenshots
Thanks to YukiOnna YukiOnna
More interview stuff from various JP outlets:
- Main Path is 40+ hours long at least; Side content and areas double that to over 100; Go off the main path and get lost in the world
-150GB, no need to switch discs as one is for installation
- Nomura is not allowed to talk about Zack much, but he is an important character in this title and his side will be told in a way that has him uncover mysteries
- Nojima and Nomura have been working on the plot & scenario since Remake's development; they had long ago decided the game design elements
- Kitase says the 3rd games main scenario is done, they are working on the structure of side quests, the Ending, and which characters appear
- Menu background will change alongside the time of day in the world
- Characters (like Yuffie and Vincent) are squarely depicted in the main path of the story so players can interact with them proper
- Various field actions: jumping off, climbing small cliffs & ledges, and swimming to explore the continents.
- Chocobo's handle special actions: exploration abilities, climbing larger cliffs and mountains, flying, etc.
- Chocobo customization is extensive because you will be exploring a lot with your Chocobo and able to use it in the Chocobo Race
- Item Crafting; as your proficiency level goes up, you will gain access to more items to craft (armor, accessories, etc.)
- Items crafted are sometimes required for field exploration and quests, so use it lots and gather materials across the world
- Some mini-games have been repurposed into other locations outside the Gold Saucer

Last edited:

bbeach123

You CAN PLAY AS SEPHIROTH ?

SOLD .

Its not on PS4 ? Then why the textures look like shit ?

Lp5bkza.png

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

- Main Path is 40+ hours long at least; Side content and areas double that to over 100; Go off the main path and get lost in the world
- Nomura is not allowed to talk about Zack much, but he is an important character in this title and his side will be told in a way that has him uncover mysteries
- Nojima and Nomura have been working on the plot & scenario since Remake's development; they had long ago decided the game design elements
- Kitase says the 3rd games main scenario is done, they are working on the structure of side quests, the Ending, and which characters appear
- Characters (like Yuffie and Vincent) are squarely depicted in the main path of the story so players can interact with them proper
- Various field actions: jumping off, climbing small cliffs & ledges, and swimming to explore the continents.
- Chocobo's handle special actions: exploration abilities, climbing larger cliffs and mountains, flying, etc.
- Chocobo customization is extensive because you will be exploring a lot with your Chocobo and able to use it in the Chocobo Race
- Item Crafting; as your proficiency level goes up, you will gain access to more items to craft (armor, accessories, etc.)
- Items crafted are sometimes required for field exploration and quests, so use it lots and gather materials across the world
- Some mini-games have been repurposed into other locations outside the Gold Saucer
- Other types of Chocobo will appear besides the 3
- Vehicle types are similar to the original, for the 2nd half, OG fans probably know about the one related to the Ocean...
- It seems different dialogue is recorded for side content depending on where you are in the main story
- Still more elements and new characters to be revealed
- Yes, Shooting Coaster
- TGS Stage Event will have new footage
- 60fps mode at launch

bvww2xur9mpb1.jpg

Last edited:

Madflavor

Holy shit this game's gonna be massive.

YukiOnna

Adding on couple more points I read (I care more about Developer Interviews than Youtuber Previews so I have no idea if its repeated info):
- Vehicle types are similar to the original, for the 2nd half, OG fans probably know about the one related to the Ocean...
- It seems different dialogue is recorded for side content depending on where you are in the main story
- Yes, Shooting Coaster

Go_Ly_Dow

Adding on couple more points I read (I care more about Developer Interviews than Youtuber Previews so I have no idea if its repeated info):
- Yes, Shooting Coaster
Nice will add. 60fps mode confirmed too, although this was expected.

Muffdraul

I haven't been this hyped for FF in soooo long. Last time I was hyped was for XIII, before it released and it felt like Squeenix ripped a huge stinky fart right in my face. I never asked for an FFVII remake, I never wanted an FFVII remake, I played FFVIIR with very little excitement and enjoyed it for what it was. It was a fine video game. I didn't mind that they fucked with the story because I just didn't care.

But somehow these Rebirth trailers are totally hitting the sweet spot for me. Reminding me of what FF felt like in 1997. It feels... nice.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

This looks great. Part 1 already nailed the party combat, Part 2 obviously has more locations, more exploration and even more characters. I still wonder how far it takes the story. I think Nibelheim.

Go_Ly_Dow

This looks great. Part 1 already nailed the party combat, Part 2 obviously has more locations, more exploration and even more characters. I still wonder how far it takes the story. I think Nibelheim.
Much further. They've already said where it goes to and some events or locations that feature later in the game may feature earlier and vice versa.

But either way they'll be wrapping up the remake project in the next entry so both final parts will be substantial.

Reactions: K2D

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm curious what we gonna fight with super bosses in Rebirth. In base Remake we only had one proper super boss and that was Pride & Joy and then with Intergrade they added Weiss.

I'm curious what we gonna fight with super bosses in Rebirth. In base Remake we only had one proper super boss and that was Pride & Joy and then with Intergrade they added Weiss.
I was hoping for some "Weapons" but since they said we were going to get to the Forgotten Capital, I highly doubt it.....unless they really changed the order of some stuff. I think we even see one in the latest trailer.

Go_Ly_Dow

I was hoping for some "Weapons" but since they said we were going to get to the Forgotten Capital, I highly doubt it.....unless they really changed the order of some stuff. I think we even see one in the latest trailer.
Order has definitely changed. Keeping us on our toes!

K2D

Banned
I see thing I do not like, but like a good little 7 fanatic I'll shut up about it. Can't wait to play it for myself..! Not watching any more of these demoes!

I think we're going to see pre-exposition when visiting Bugenhagen at Cosmos Canyon..

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I am glad this game doesn't just throw you in there Bethesda style, but opens up one by one as you progress. It's nice you can retry the battle if you don't nail all objectives in the World Report and the short video of stuff like the Moogle House was really neat. It's nice to have unique gimmicks depending on the side quest or a particular party member is the main of that little story, it's kind of like Hero Quests in XB

Brigandier

Any news on level, equipment,materia and item cross over from part 1 save?.

This looks and sounds like a FF fans wet dream... I am mega hyped. Where's Cid!!!! #$@& I hope he swears like a sailor 🤣

Top Bottom