• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series coming to PS4 and Switch (Spring 2023)

Doom85

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Andyliini

Yeah, that physical edition is a pricy on all right. Still preordered ot for Switch, it will fit perfectly with my other physical FF Switch games. The shipping was free for me, though.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
mZH6arN.png

Also, looks like the store screwed up the order setup. Instead of it being down as a pre-order you'll get charged immediately. Bye bye $300 if you order the collectors or $100+ if you order the standard

xrnzaaas

Is it REALLY a limited run or just a good excuse to charge 75 Euros for a standard edition?

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I'm in Australia and can't get this shipped to me neither from the EU nor from the US. And it's not available here. Been waiting and begging for this for how long now, and when it finally happens I can't have it. ISN'T THAT JUST GREAT.

Honestly I'll probably do the same thing I did/am doing with Sonic Origins: wait for a sale.

Even though I absolutely adore I, IV, and VI, and haven't played III or V (II was just ok)....

Labadal

That's cool, but I already have them digitally on PC. I was itching to get them on console if there was a physical version announced, but €100 is simply too much for me. Maybe down the line, if I find a cheap copy.

Velcro Fly

This was never going to be just $60. If you look at the bundle price on Steam, $75 is about what they are charging there.

The real issue is $24 shipping in the United States for a switch game, making this whole endeavor cost over $100 for a physical switch game. If it is as limited as they say it is, it will be nice to have a cart version of these. I played I-V and they are all fantastic (minus the font, but I can get used to that I guess). I'm glad there is some physical option for those who were lucky enough to get an order in.

And yes they seem to be charging my credit card right away.

EDMIX

It's still a rip-off.
Those remasters are cheap profit for these publishers.
It should have been a bundle for 40$-50$. Not 75$.

This.

Ain't no way, boy ain't no FUCKING WAY lol

I'll except 59.99.

75? Are they on fucking crack? lol Square just don't give fuck theses days. Not even in a steelbook, its not even 1-XII, never mind they fucking remastered 7-12, yet they have the nerve to charge this of PART of a collection? smh.

Velcro Fly Velcro Fly True. I wanted to get it, but that is just waaaay too much for such a remaster. I love the versions I already own and I'll just find some used version along the way or buy it another time or something.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This gets announced at 11pm here (after I've gone to bed), then I wake up at 6am to see the news, only to also see the physical Switch copy is sold out.

Fuck you, Square Enix.

EDMIX

Box art looks like the most generic shit, give us some epic concept art.

For $75, I want to see some a more respectful cover of the IP, not merely a fucking text saying Final Fantasy and some damn sprite characters.

Need I remind folks, FF Origins on PS1, we got this...

364546-final-fantasy-origins-playstation-manual.jpg

mutha fuck...pay more money and you get this doe.

FkPMi-wUoAIMkui

They didn't even open up Photoshop to do this, they just used Canva and was like "fuck it" lol

Shifty1897

$75?! MF I don't even buy $70 AAA games.

I understand that each game is $15 a piece but they could throw you a bone for buying all six. Besides 2 is so bad they shouldn't be charging for it at all.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's still a rip-off.
Those remasters are cheap profit for these publishers.
It should have been a bundle for 40$-50$. Not 75$.
$6.60 per game for a remaster is not realistic. The price isn't that bad per game. You just don't typically see 6 remasters at once.
Box art looks like the most generic shit, give us some epic concept art.

For $75, I want to see some a more respectful cover of the IP, not merely a fucking text saying Final Fantasy and some damn sprite characters.

Need I remind folks, FF Origins on PS1, we got this...

364546-final-fantasy-origins-playstation-manual.jpg

mutha fuck...pay more money and you get this doe.

FkPMi-wUoAIMkui

They didn't even open up Photoshop to do this, they just used Canva and was like "fuck it" lol
The Origins cover is just old artwork. For this new release they also have pixel art merch, figures etc. I agree the cover is ugly though.

Last edited:

Labadal

According to some tweets that I have read, the print run will be limited. Oh well.
SE have removed their screens of the games that contain text. Will there be a font overhaul, after all?

Top Bottom