• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 30 - Apr 5 | BonCHAMP

pixelish

I'm sorry but, what is CIS?!

basically a commonwealth of nations which are mostly (all?) comprised of former soviet states

EDIT: and the first person to publicly announce his invitation is...ryan hart?
CBWw97JWAAAGSpX.jpg

it would be hilarious if they did not invite anyone from the nrs community.

jerry1594

I can't comprehend why Capcom won't give Ryu his Joudan kicks back. It was such a fun and interesting move for him. It didn't do anything for his neutral or Loki, but it was so satisfying to do in combos. Just make the startup a bit faster in SFV so he can use it in neutral and Ryu is my main for sure.
My guess is he hasn't learned it yet in 4

CurlyW

I would give Catwoman a projectile. Maybe she could throw a cat at them. Swing it by the tail and toss it.

My reason is it was hard to adjust to not having one, since I like to use projectiles to control the pace.

Are you gonna do commentary for ESL? (I'm assuming you'll be ineligible to compete for the first couple months)

CurlyW

Ryan hart? Really? Was he prominent in MK?

Never. Not even in the early days of MK9 like JWong and Alex Valle were. I assume they're inviting him to give Europe some representation. (They also invited Ketchup, an actual MK player from the UK.)

Edit: Current announced invites are

Perfect Legend
Prodigal Son
Ketchup
Tyrant
Forever King
MIT
Tony T

Xevren

I would give Catwoman a projectile. Maybe she could throw a cat at them. Swing it by the tail and toss it.

My reason is it was hard to adjust to not having one, since I like to use projectiles to control the pace.

Just the thought of catwoman throwing cats is pretty god damn amazing. Man that'd just be hilarious.

Horseress

Commonwealth of Independent States, also known as all the former Soviet countries (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, etc.)

basically a commonwealth of nations which are mostly (all?) comprised of former soviet states

Thanks guys, I figured it would be something like that, since the CIS section was all in russian

Also, ForeverKing just tweeted his invitation, so there's 5 so far?

CurlyW

Among the six announced invitees are three players whose brothers also play MK9/Injustice. Wonder what made them choose Ketchup, MIT, and Forever King over Mustard, DJT, and Forever King Jr? (Okay, maybe not so much that last one.)

All the invitation reveals are shown on this brand-new Twitter account by the way.

Sayah

This is solid thinking, except the one problem is it seems the arcade version of the game isn't even close to being a complete game yet. It could be at least 6 months before the game settles, and then factor in another 6 months to ready the home port, we'd be looking at a release date around a year from now.

That is true but Tekken 7 has also been moving at a very fast pace as far as development goes. I would be ecstatic to get the game this year but this time next year would also suffice.

Essay

Can't wait to get home from work tonight to watch the archives of Saturday's TSB. I was so caught up getting in games that I didn't really see how Xrd top 4 played out or where all the beer we brought down went.
Kappa

I'm happy to have beaten Mynus in the I-No mirror and finished 5th on my first time in NYC, but I feel like I could've done even better in the best-of-one 2v2 format.

Icing on the cake though was the Vampire Savior cab. It was painful to have to leave back home where I have no offline VSav players. -_-

JeTmAn81

Lol, this reminds me of the cries for Haggar in UMVC3 to have a trash can projectile move, which was the first thing I thought of when I saw this question.

The answer is: give every character without a projectile some silly projectile move. Wolverine should be able to throw the adamantium from his claws at his opponents in the shape of flying knives. After that he can't do it anymore and can only use bone claws for 80% of previous damage.

NEO0MJ

Ogty is the only one I know of. He also plays Injustice and KI. Total weeb.

Did any western fighter ever have any success in Japan even? Kind of a shame, but because of how arcade centric their scenes are I guess it should be expected.

I wonder if Justin or other pot monsters will switch their focus to MKX.

It would be the smart thing to do financially. WB is gonna ring the big money after all.

Azure J

taskmaster move steal that also adds a stolen super alongside the stolen move
qcb atk+s for steal, qcf atk+s for move, dp atk+s for super

this could include movement tools like spidey web zips, spencer grapples, etc.

I don't want to imagine a world where he steals Devil Trigger.

Compbros

played on Xbox One? wow that was unexpected

I think ESL has a partnership with MS or something (?). They have an app that's available for Xbox One but not PS4. There'll also be qualifiers for PC.

Edit: Hopefully they can maintain the "buy skins and x amount goes to prize pool" that MOBA's enjoy and we can get some nice sized pots for the community as well as continued support for MKX.

El Sabroso

NA & EU on XB1. CIS on PC.

I hope PC port is good for them

maybe they want to matriculate KI players

it is a good chance to KI community as well, the more games on the platform the better

I think ESL has a partnership with MS or something (?). They have an app that's available for Xbox One but not PS4. There'll also be qualifiers for PC.

Edit: Hopefully they can maintain the "buy skins and x amount goes to prize pool" that MOBA's enjoy and we can get some nice sized pots for the community as well as continued support for MKX.

that partnership makes a lot of sense, and season will end just a week before EVO, I just hope this game is on par on both platforms, since EVO is using the PS4 version

Compbros

that partnership makes a lot of sense, and season will end just a week before EVO, I just hope this game is on par on both platforms, since EVO is using the PS4 version

The XBO version will have a better chance for dips/slowdowns but I doubt it's anything drastic like 360 vs. PS3.

Put KOF in SFV. (I'm actually really interested how people would take, say, 2k2 or 98 gameplay if it was an official Street Fighter game. Chances are that I'd be alternately really happy and really depressed afterwards)

Top Bottom