• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

Clawww

you aint lying

latest

tumblr_inline_nnu01ieaiF1rqhmvf_500.gif

it's sad how much better that super is than the vast majority of ultra animations

twitch.tv/kagecchi

Kagecchi 2v2 tournament at Club Sega in Japan
9pm pacific
12 am eastern
110 teams have signed up thus far

Some notable teams
Tokido - Kenzo (SvelteAverage34)
Nemo - Misse
Mago - Santarou
Inco - Shiro
Nishikin - Akimo
TKD - Itazan
Electribe - Meimomo
Tsuna - Okkun
Kim1234 - Sasa
Y (cammy) - Shinchan
Yossan - R (boxer)

Other notable names taking part, but I don't feel like naming their teammates: Kindevu, Storm Kubo, Kojiro, Matsuri, Daichan, Vivi (chun), Keiji N (freejay that almost took out Nemo), Kitasenju DJ, aiai, Shinba, Younashi

this tournament started an hour ago

R and Yossan's team is up right now

Zissou

In Marvel pools at ECT, someone did Spell of Vishanti into Sphere Flame and then confirmed off it from full screen with Doom. He dropped it after a couple hits but that was pretty crazy.

How did Doom get there in time? SoV combo'd into the downward part of sphere flame and then he picked it up?

K.Sabot

is that game even still active? let alone still being supported?

It's in a weird state atm, the developer was disbanded and are currently in the midst of a restructuring by Tencent. Until the development hiatus resumes, the KoF characters are temporarily removed due to rights expiring, last I heard from it was in January.

fader

It's in a weird state atm, the developer was disbanded and are currently in the midst of a restructuring by Tencent. Until the development hiatus resumes, the KoF characters are temporarily removed due to rights expiring, last I heard from it was in January.

Tencent.... is that the company that owns Riot?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The next one should also be very active, since it's going to be SFV week with plenty of videos / stream and character reveal.
Or not if GAF doesn't hold up. EviLore spends an entire year upgrading servers just to have a gigantic Bullet Bill nuke them from out of the clouds.

Imgur is now. You can upload stuff bigger than 2MB now.
It's what im using now.

Pretty much all of our old OTs look like crap now, though :(

K.Sabot

The Juri play got me to go into the lab with her finally.

Looked at the frame data and found out the biggest hole in my gameplay, low confirm combos. Was just trying to do cr.lk x 2-3 into pinwheel but I didn't realize that close st.lk was +6 and could link into far st.mp on just about everyone. One frame link, but plinkable and I won't ever be canceling it into anything but fireball charge anyways. I suppose I can keep the cr.lk link combo into pinwheel for when I want to activate Feng Shui I suppose.

Of course everything would be so so sweet if they just kept the 5 frame cr.mk, but I guess Capcom wanted everyone to play E.Ryu instead or something Kappa

looking for ways to kill frames so I can hit her command overhead on the 2nd active frame so I can link it into cl.lk and so on, probably not feasible.

I stopped playing because I had to update my client but I had to redownload it from the chinese site. I was lost of course because I originally got the download client from a english fansite but they didn't update and their download for the client was outdated, so I basically couldn't play anymore.

The Juri play got me to go into the lab with her finally.

Looked at the frame data and found out the biggest hole in my gameplay, low confirm combos. Was just trying to do cr.lk x 2-3 into pinwheel but I didn't realize that close st.lk was +6 and could link into far st.mp on just about everyone. One frame link, but plinkable and I won't ever be canceling it into anything but fireball charge anyways. I suppose I can keep the cr.lk link combo into pinwheel for when I want to activate Feng Shui I suppose.

Of course everything would be so so sweet if they just kept the 5 frame cr.mk, but I guess Capcom wanted everyone to play E.Ryu instead or something Kappa

looking for ways to kill frames so I can hit her command overhead on the 2nd active frame so I can link it into cl.lk and so on, probably not feasible.

I hit the lab for Juri a while ago and it's a good thing to practice her combos on different characters. I did cr,lk st.lp cr.mk into pinwheel as a simple combo starting from low, but then I found out that freaking Decapre can't get hit by the lp for some dumb reason.

K.Sabot

I stopped playing because I had to update my client but I had to redownload it from the chinese site. I was lost of course because I originally got the download client from a english fansite but they didn't update and their download for the client was outdated, so I basically couldn't play anymore.

I hit the lab for Juri a while ago and it's a good thing to practice her combos on different characters. I did cr,lk st.lp cr.mk into pinwheel as a simple combo starting from low, but then I found out that freaking Decapre can't get hit by the lp for some dumb reason.

Yeah there are a bunch who the st.lp will whiff on so you gotta sub that for st.lk which is +6 on hit.

Also working on some option selects for Rolento after playing Yams's.

Zissou

Team USA finalized:

Ryan Ramirez ‏@fchampryan 3m3 minutes ago
Okay guys TEAM USA - Fchamp , @JWonggg @NYChrisG and @ApologyMan_ we feel its the best pick overall against Team Japan

Jazz-ism

Banned
Team USA finalized:

Ryan Ramirez ‏@fchampryan 3m3 minutes ago
Okay guys TEAM USA - Fchamp , @JWonggg @NYChrisG and @ApologyMan_ we feel its the best pick overall against Team Japan

thats going to be a pretty hype match honestly...
if its anywhere near intense as champ v nemo 2 then mvc3 gonna go out with a bang

Top Bottom