• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

I said the main reason he won was because he abused the F12 string which people did not know blew up characters like Erron Black and even Kenshi.

I pointed out the conflict of interest that not only I noticed but other players with him winning the pot bonus from an employee he left just one week before knowing fully well that they were putting up a cash bonus and he would not be eligible for it if he was still working for them.

Do I think Dizzy is a good MK player? Sure

Do I think Dizzy will beat SonicFox in a runback? No

Do I think he should have been allowed to enter for the NRS pot bonus after he left their employment 1 week prior? Nope.

the game is still new so why mention what blows up what? anything till evo and slightly past is going to be a mix of fundamentals and gimmicks.

and the games been out for a month. Do you see an issue of Riot employee's being coaches for league teams? Because obviously riot doesn't give a shit*. Obviously the TO and NRS/WB didn't give enough shits either.

* as long as you notify them.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
the game is still new so why mention what blows up what? anything till evo and slightly past is going to be a mix of fundamentals and gimmicks.

and the games been out for a month. Do you see an issue of Riot employee's being coaches for league teams? Because obviously riot doesn't give a shit*. Obviously the TO and NRS/WB didn't give enough shits either.

* as long as you notify them.

I never watched a LOL game in my life so I'm unsure of their ruleset. Regarding the question of should they be allowed to be coaches. I say it's fine as long as they are not allowed to win the money Riot games put into the pot.

Also, like I said in my previous post in the other thread you can't change what is happened and props to him getting that $$$. So, yeah I know you disagree with them ever being not allowed in tournament but I feel in the future going forward this is an issue that could happen again because we now have major money on the line.

It is one of the reasons NRS do NOT allow it's employees to enter MK tournaments where they themselves have put money in. But, you must understand me and other players have definitely questioned if it was right move to make to allow Dizzy to enter 1 week after he left NRS.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh whatever. Did you see last week's when we had two people going at each other hard about fucking working out at the gym? Think it was Immortal and someone in the thread?

Dudes went in hard about arm curls.

Thread actually got the .gif from Breaking Bad used for Jesse drinking water and looking back and forth at the awkward fight between mom and dad.

Right now is a stroll through the park. ;)
Playing fighting games AND working out?

FGW truly at the forefront of online gaming culture.

cry me a river or better yet, put that $1000 into your tournament scene so if JDCR ever comes back to your country he can atleast leave with something positive to say.

jbirvin-gif.5876

Are anime fights always this hype?

I never watched a LOL game in my life so I'm unsure of their ruleset. Regarding the question of should they be allowed to be coaches. I say it's fine as long as they are not allowed to win the money Riot games put into the pot.

Also, like I said in my previous post in the other thread you can't change what is happened and props to him getting that $$$. So, yeah I know you disagree with them ever being not allowed in tournament but I feel in the future going forward this is an issue that could happen again because we now have major money on the line.

It is one of the reasons NRS do NOT allow it's employees to enter MK tournaments where they themselves have put money in. But, you must understand me and other players have definitely questioned if it was right move to make to allow Dizzy to enter 1 week after he left NRS.

I assume he would of left regardless. You couldn't give me 7k to have me quit my job.

Also riot employees did get part of that riot money while being coaches for other teams. They just had to notify Riot in advance and have it be okay'd.

Also I don't really think this is an issue. Atleast not anytime soon. I can only seeing it being an issue if capcom continues their CPT and other companies create their own leagues and do something like that.

Its really depends on the position this employee/ex-employee holds. In this case, the position was so minor its whatever. The amount of money involved is whatever as well. We aren't talking about something people can make a living off of.

You would have a point if he got re-hired by NRS soon after though. I'll give you that.

Ragingnight is swinging and whiffing those dash uppers tho bc GeoNeo isn't from Peru lol

Yeah I already admitted to that. I thought he was gutabo for whatever reason.

It's really funny the way people keep reacting to that statement when he was mixing me up with someone named Gutabo regarding the country.

Sick Burn though. If I was Gutabo. (what country is Gutabo from?)

Yeah I mixed myself up pretty bad tonight.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
It's really funny the way people keep reacting to that statement when he was mixing me up with someone named Gutabo regarding the country.

Sick Burn though. If I was Gutabo. (what country is Gutabo from?)

The casual peru hate, it's like the DOTA OT

they should just ban the testers so people don't have to talk about it anymore. It's been like 4 games already

They could just ban SonicFox, that way when someone else wins there's no controversy.

better yet, ban every player besides perfect legend from competing. Then he can be the player with most evo medals, proving that NRS players are the best and that #fundamentals are what counts

fader

better yet, ban every player besides perfect legend from competing. Then he can be the player with most evo medals, proving that NRS players are the best and that #fundamentals are what counts

then he can dodge everyone when people who are clearly better than him challenges him!

The Light

You know now that I think about it the sonic fox hate from some people is similar to what perfect legend was receiving during MK9. Guess some people just need a villain.

You know now that I think about it the sonic fox hate from some people is similar to what perfect legend was receiving during MK9. Guess some people just need a villain.

I don't know if hating someone for being a furry is better or worse than hating someone for being an asshole

Anne

I don't know if hating someone for being a furry is better or worse than hating someone for being an asshole

The furry hate has honestly been bothering me :v

People be hella dumb sometimes. It's easier to attack somebody over an identity than it is to admit they're beating your ass at a game.

Paltheos

I watched the archive of SCR Prelude. Marvel top 8 reminded me that Clockwork can beat absolutely anyone under any condition (He's the only man I'd think twice about before betting against X-Factorless anchor Strider versus a whole team), or he can lose in spectacular fashion.

Village

The furry hate has honestly been bothering me :v

People be hella dumb sometimes. It's easier to attack somebody over an identity than it is to admit they're beating your ass at a game.
I'm not a fan either

Its worse, it shouldn't even be considered. Live and let live man.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who do you guys think they'll reveal at the conference for SFV? And how many characters? I think the stage is big enough for more than one character, also interesting the Bison trailer didn't have a teaser at the end.

I'm thinking Skullomania probably Q as the character we haven't seen in a long time. I think E3 would be great to reveal a new character at as well.

- - -

Another thing I considered is that the Square Enix thing could be a character from an IP that's last game released in 2013. Games they put out in 2013:

Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
Tomb Raider
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Final Fantasy III (Ouya)
Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online
Diffusion Million Arthur
Gyrozetter: Wings of the Albatross
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Chaos Rings
Lord of Vermilion III
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Wii U)
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Drakengard 3
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Perhaps a guest character from one of those games? Hell, maybe a FFIII character to combine with the character-we-haven't-seen-in-a-while hint?

Watching any of the gods play each other in marvel is always a treat.

Who do you guys think they'll reveal at the conference for SFV? And how many characters? I think the stage is big enough for more than one character, also interesting the Bison trailer didn't have a teaser at the end.

I'm thinking Skullomania probably Q as the character we haven't seen in a long time. I think E3 would be great to reveal a new character at as well.

2-3 character reveals(at least one of them a brand new character), some clarifications on system mechanics, a new feature, a new stage or two, and details on the beta.

ShinMaruku

- - -

Another thing I considered is that the Square Enix thing could be a character from an IP that's last game released in 2013. Games they put out in 2013:

Dragon Quest VII (3DS)
Tomb Raider
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Final Fantasy III (Ouya)
Diffusion Million Arthur
Gyrozetter: Wings of the Albatross
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Chaos Rings
Lord of Vermilion III
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Wii U)
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Drakengard 3
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Perhaps a guest character from one of those games? Hell, maybe a FFIII character to combine with the character-we-haven't-seen-in-a-while hint?
For maximum salt Clair Ferron.
Actually concept wise she'd fit.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If its going to be up on stage they can't just show regular ass characters otherwise people are going to be like why is this here bring usher back

Top Bottom