• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

GeoNeo

I disagree.
doesn't matter if its DJT, Dizzy, PL or whatever name you bring up. Bitching about any player that was a former part time employee after they win a tournament a month after the game release is a bitch move. Especially since the game has been patched multiple times before that tournament.

Also its been over a month since MKX release date and Combo Breaker. Nice try though.

It does matter when you can't even read or comprehend correctly what is even going on.

Dizzy did not leave NRS employment for over a month between period from what people said he was still an employee at NRS 1 week before he left and ending up winning the Pot Bonus they put up. Like me and many other players (top players) pointed out there was a conflict of interest issue.

Raiden was never patched or adjusted at all before ComboBreaker took place.

Like I said I'll back SonicFox over Dizzy the next time they meet and I'll being taking all side bets up to $1,000.

Shackzam

No, you must be hurt for taking it so lightly. This is very serious business for your revolting jests.
G2DRTRx.png

blah blah blah blah blah any amount of money under $1000 blah blah blah.

Stop bitching about part time employees entering fighting games.

You know Riot of this small game called League of Legends allows its commentators to be coaches of the teams playing in its League?

O THE CONFLICT OF INTERESTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

cry me a river or better yet, put that $1000 into your tournament scene so if JDCR ever comes back to your country he can atleast leave with something positive to say.

You know Riot of this small game called League of Legends allows its commentators to be coaches of the teams playing in its League?

cry me a river or better yet, put that $1000 into your tournament scene so if JDCR ever comes back to your country he can atleast leave with something positive to say.

Well damn.....

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
any of y'all who are interested in VF rooms this week have access to 360? or are we PSN only?

Dahbomb

Bo2BG.gif

The salt has been ridiculous on FGW today and it's just the first page!

GeoNeo

I disagree.

What country are you talking about?

Keep up your grade 5 reading skills where you think DJT and Dizzy are the same person. :)

What country are you talking about?

Keep up your grade 5 reading skills where you think DJT and Dizzy are the same person. :)

its really pathetic that you hold on to every mistake and have to treasure it. Hey I fucked up and admit it. I assumed you were talking about DJT since TCW just ended. Its like when a kid catches you slipping up and hold onto that mistake for life.

And whatever country you live in that stole your money and the police won't help you without bribes.

Crocodile

I don't' even understand why people are so upset. While I can understand the concept of conflict of interests and how it might apply here, its up to NRS to nip it in the bud if its really a problem because it would reflect poorly on them if anybody. That being said, given that Dizzy isn't some untouchable God at the game, his prior experience in the game isn't giving him some super leg up and this perceived advantage decreases literally everyday that the game is out to the general public. This seems to rank too low on the "shit that actually matters"-o-meter that I can't understand why so much energy is being expended in this conversation. That's just my opinion on the matter.

Dahbomb

I don't' even understand why people are so upset. While I can understand the concept of conflict of interests and how it might apply here, its up to NRS to nip it in the bud if its really a problem because it would reflect poorly on them if anybody. That being said, given that Dizzy isn't some untouchable God at the game, his prior experience in the game isn't giving him some super leg up and this perceived advantage decreases literally everyday that the game is out to the general public. This seems to rank too low on the "shit that actually matters"-o-meter that I can't understand why so much energy is being expended in this conversation. That's just my opinion on the matter.
I think people overestimate the value of being a tester for games.

Most games undergo aggressive changes during development especially balance changes. Stuff that worked for a few days could be radically changed in the next. Numbers are constantly being tweaked and you are reporting in the process. It's a constant process of changes and you rarely have time to get settled in.

And testers don't always find the cheapest/most abusable stuff as proven time and time again. That stuff only gets discovered when the game is out in the wild and even then it needs to be out in the wild for a decent amount of time.

The "advantage" that testers have fades away in less than a week if that.

You could be a tester for MVC4 and know all the cheap shit and mechanics in the game but you will still get bodied by Justin Wong at the first major of the game. Combofiend could've worked on SFV for 2 years and would still probably get beat by Daigo at EVO.

zlatko

Banned
Which version of Vampire Savior is still being played? 1, 2 , 3, etc? I'm sure there's scenes for all, but which is the MOST played?

I wanted to go mess with that version on my PC next weekend.

petghost

Banned
i wanna see if we can keep the tone mildly aggressive for the whole week.

Which version of Vampire Savior is still being played? 1, 2 , 3, etc? I'm sure there's scenes for all, but which is the MOST played?

vampire savior is the only one really being played...vampire savior 2 and vampire hunter 2 had some kinda dumb changes like no airchains.

unless you talking about the vampire/darkstalkers series as a whole in which case vampire savior/darkstalkers 3 is def the most played but some people play vampire hunter/darkstalkers 2 and they are both rad for diff reasons imo.

see they made two kinda add on versions to the 3rd game which brought back some older characters and changed mechanics.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
its really pathetic that you hold on to every mistake and have to treasure it. Hey I fucked up and admit it. I assumed you were talking about DJT since TCW just ended.

And whatever country you live in that stole your money and the police won't help you without bribes.

Where can I donate to help you fix your eyesight? :)

Just admit you got your panties in a twist because your reading comprehension is that of a 5th grader. :)

kadMM2T.png

0w9HNE4.jpg

How the fuck could anyone mix these two players up?

jerry1594

There is no Vampire Savior 3. Original by far.

Where can I donate to help you fix your eyesight? :)

Just admit you got your panties in a twist because your reading comprehension is that of a 5th grader. :)

How the fuck could anyone mix these two players up?

I actually do have very bad eyesight. I have mention previously that I have a very rare eye condition that only a handful people in the world have and that my eyes are in some published book regarding the condition.

But keep holding onto the same mistake that I already owned up to. I mean its okay to be desperate and hang onto any thing you can possibly get your hands on.

Lol. The mixup.

yep I mixed that up. Woops.

From the podcast, Dizzy seemed he was doing fatality checklists for most of his time there. He was there for the submission crunch it seems.

But, NRS knows he's a good player, I don't know why they would just put him on that.

I remember people were salty that testers of Halo reach were allowed to play normally in MLG tournaments, didn't help them.

zlatko

Banned
There is no Vampire Savior 3. Original by far.

Cool. Only character in the roster that interests me is John T so I'll probably learn some werewolf fun stuff next weekend to pass the time. I'd play Jedah maybe, but it looks like he's ass on the tier list.

If we ever get a new Darkstalkers/VampireSavior from Capcom then I would probably learn Jedah. He just looks visuallycool.

What kind of play style John T. ? Rush down werewolf? What about Jedah?I've never played enough of these games in the past to see if any character fits my play style. Going to start off of looks/tier lists.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I actually do have very bad eyesight. I have mention previously that I have a very rare eye condition that only a handful people in the world have and that my eyes are in some published book regarding the condition.

But keep holding onto the same mistake that I already owned up to. I mean its okay to be desperate and hang onto any thing you can possibly get your hands on.

Look not only do you not no where I am from clearly mixing me up with Gutabo. You are acting like I fucked your boy raw dog and getting all mad about it.

You need to go back and re-read the previous thread claim down and stop mixing shit up.

Like JDCR has never talked shit about Australia my country so I was wondering what the hell you were on about. And, we don't bribe cops here too.

jerry1594

Cool. Only character in the roster that interests me is John T so I'll probably learn some werewolf fun stuff next weekend to pass the time. I'd play Jedah maybe, but it looks like he's ass on the tier list.

If we ever get a new Darkstalkers/VampireSavior from Capcom then I would probably learn Jedah. He just looks visuallycool.

What kind of play style John T. ? Rush down werewolf? What about Jedah?I've never played enough of these games in the past to see if any character fits my play style. Going to start off of looks/tier lists.
Almost all the characters are rushdown. Save for Anakaris and Bishamon I think. There are bad matchups, and Sasquatch is stupid strong, but pretty much everyone can win a tournament.

Look not only do you not no where I am from clearly mixing me up with Gutabo. You are acting like I fucked your boy raw dog and getting all mad about it.

You need to go back and re-read the previous thread claim down and stop mixing shit up.

Like JDCR has never talked shit about Australia my country so I was wondering what the hell you were on about. And, we don't bribe cops here too.

yeah my bad. I got you mixed up with gutabo. I really don't give a shit. I already told you what my problem is, and other have clowned on you for thinking that anybody that was a part time employee should be banned from tournament due to "conflict of interest".

I don't have a "boy". I said it could of been anybody, I really don't give a shit who it is. I have an issue of you saying that any player should be banned due to being a tester or part time employee and that the only/main reason why they won was because they were an employee.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
yeah my bad. I got you mixed up with gutabo. I really don't give a shit. I already told you what my problem is, and other have clowned on you for thinking that anybody that was a part time employee should be banned from tournament due to "conflict of interest".

I don't have a "boy". I said it could of been anybody, I really don't give a shit. I have an issue of you saying that any player should be banned due to be a tester or part time employee and that the only/main reason why they won was because they were an employee.

I said the main reason he won was because he abused the F12 string which people did not know blew up characters like Erron Black and even Kenshi.

I pointed out the conflict of interest that not only I noticed but other players with him winning the pot bonus from an employee he left just one week before knowing fully well that they were putting up a cash bonus and he would not be eligible for it if he was still working for them.

End of the day huge props to Dizzy for being allowed to play at Combobreaker and these other testers that are allowed in tournament a week or two after, but I don't see Dizzy beating SonicFox in a runback and especially now that the F12 string was fixed so it could not be abused against certain characters.

Do I think Dizzy is a good MK player? Sure

Do I think Dizzy will beat SonicFox in a runback? No

Do I think he should have been allowed to enter for the NRS pot bonus after he left their employment 1 week prior? Nope.

zlatko

Banned
This thread right now.

NvsWTUZ.gif

Oh whatever. Did you see last week's when we had two people going at each other hard about fucking working out at the gym? Think it was Immortal and someone in the thread?

Dudes went in hard about arm curls.

Thread actually got the .gif from Breaking Bad used for Jesse drinking water and looking back and forth at the awkward fight between mom and dad.

Right now is a stroll through the park. ;)

Kumubou

But what I described is basically happening every second. Watch any top 8 Tekken match and you're basically watching adversaries space each other. The best player in the world is JDCR and it's because of his ability to constantly move and block beyond anyone else in the world. and suppress the opponent by making them feel like he's untouchable.

Off the top of my head EVO 2014's grand finals between the ultra aggressive Gen from Japan vs JDCR exhibit's JDCR's ability to adapt and derail the freight train that is Gen just with his movement and punishment.
I have to admit, I've never fully groked Tekken's movement and it always drove me nuts whenever I played. In most other FGs I've played, if I can get enough of a bead on a player's movement, I can blow them up for being too predictable. However, in Tekken I don't get how to stop someone from backdashing (and then canceling those backdashes into whatever) all over the place. On walled stages there's something to be said about just letting themselves back up into a wall, but on infinite stages that always felt really, really annoying to deal with.

Never mind how wonky sidestep/sidewalking can be, especially since it seems like it's effectiveness is also tied to frame (dis)advantage.

any of y'all who are interested in VF rooms this week have access to 360? or are we PSN only?
I let my XBL sub lapse after a decade or so, since I ended up going with a PS4 over a XBone and I don't really play much on my X360 anymore.

Top Bottom