• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

News Rumor FIFA 23 Will Be Free-To-Play, According To A FIFA Leaker

Stuart360

Sep 9, 2018
Man F2P with EA, you probably have to pay to go to a different menu, pay to turn subtitles on, etc.
No thanks.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Jun 7, 2004
Memphis
I would like to bet against this happening. EA's licensing costs for FIFA have to be way higher than what Konami pays.

Dec 13, 2018
I played FIFA21 a while back and it's a fucking mess. The game is pretty much build for FUT now so this should be no surprise. I'll never buy a fifa again.

ClosBSAS

Dec 2, 2018
This would be insanely stupid.

You don't slaughter your cash cows.

I expect a limited freeplay demo at best.

If I am wrong I will play fifa 64 instead of iss the rest of the year.
what? theyre not slaughtering anything..it makes perfect sense..the cash cow is in the mtx of ultimate team..not the game itself. with this, they release the same shit every year, no stupid costs into physical versions, no fees, just straight up f2p bullshit with mtx. if anything, it should make them more money.

Dec 29, 2018
Because F2P mobile phones make a BILLION in one year, something like Sony Music game Fate/Grand Order that made in one year over one billion and probably passed 5 billion mark right now. More market penetration = more MTX = more money.
I'm absolutely gobsmacked that people still need to have this spelled out for them.

The user base of Fifa will double if it goes F2P. That is the hook to get you in and quite literally the point of free to fucking play. To get your ass in the ecosystem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

MadAnon

Sep 11, 2018
I'm rather surprised major sports franchises like 2k, FIFA haven't already gone full GaaS.