• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 22 Gameplay Reveal Livestream

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get your first look at gameplay in the FIFA 22 EA Play Spotlight as the EA SPORTS FIFA development team go in-depth on new next-gen features, powered by HyperMotion technology on PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X|S, and Stadia.

kingfey

Banned
I love fifa, But its hard for me to get this instalment.

Main thing I like about it, is the FUT mode. working from bronze to good team, without spending money feels rewarding. But their take about this next gen technique is making me mad. I wanted to enjoy this on my x1.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Go inside FIFA 22 with the Official Gameplay Trailer. Powered by Football™, FIFA 22 introduces HyperMotion Technology on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and Stadia, elevating every match across every mode: http://x.ea.com/69378

- HyperMotion Technology unlocks:
- Full Team Authentic Motion
- Machine Learning Flow
- Tactical A.I.
- Kinetic Air Battles
- Composed Ball Control
- Player Humanization

Plus, enjoy a Goalkeeper Rewrite, True Ball Physics, Explosive Sprint, New Attacking Tactics, an even more Immersive Matchday Experience, Big(ger) Goal Moments, and more fundamental advances all over the pitch.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here's a quick overview of FIFA 22's Career Mode. Create a club, manage them, and enjoy an overhauled Player Career experience that gives you more ways to progress and achieve your football dreams.

FIFA 22 releases October 1, 2021 on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Stadia. It's cover star this year is Kylian Mbappé. The next instalment of FIFA introduces HyperMotion, a new gameplay technology that makes the most of the new generation consoles.

Dibils2k

i just want historical records/stats for career mode! that dynamically update as you beat them, like trying to beat chelseas goals conceded record and the game acknowledging it when you beat it...

FIFA21 atleast had that stat for top scorer in leagues history, but after you beat it the next season no one mentions the new record to beat!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the latest trailer to learn about FIFA 22's Ultimate Team features, including a look at division rivals, rewards, and more.

FUT 22 features new ways to progress and compete, more customization on and off the pitch, and the return of football's most memorable players.

FIFA 22 releases October 1, 2021.

Kokoloko85

Let me save you from wasting your time.
Its gonna be the same shit it has been for the last 10+ years.
I played last years fifa after not playing fifa for 10 years and it felt exactly the same…..

EA is the laziest devs in the industry. Commentating was lame and repetitive after a few matches. Animations and movements haven't changed at all. It doesnt feel exciting. And it doesnt feel realistic for those saying they go for the realistic approach.
Theres like a handful of celebrations and animations and it just sucks.

Please give the license to someone else not EA.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
They don’t need to make an effort when several million saps will buy it regardless. Look at the sales charts with FIFA 21 still in the top 10, just goes to show.

Last edited:

Klik

Aell
I played last years fifa after not playing fifa for 10 years and it felt exactly the same…..

EA is the laziest devs in the industry. Commentating was lame and repetitive after a few matches. Animations and movements haven't changed at all. It doesnt feel exciting. And it doesnt feel realistic for those saying they go for the realistic approach.

Well Fifa 21 sells like hot cakes so i guess people like it. Fifa 21 was one of the best selling games in 2020

TrebleShot

Aell

Well Fifa 21 sells like hot cakes so i guess people like it. Fifa 21 was one of the best selling games in 2020
People don’t buy it because they “like it” they buy it because it’s the next version of a game they have always played and want a football game.

I have mates who don’t even own PS4s let alone PS5 who always ask “is the latest FIFA the same game again?” Yes , yes it is.

mill get it as well because sun a huge football fan and have been suckered in by their marketing and flashy new animations.

the core problem with FIFA is and will always be the physics of the Frostbite engine , there is no inertia and the ball doesn’t move like a real ball whatsoever.

Klik

People don’t buy it because they “like it” they buy it because it’s the next version of a game they have always played and want a football game.

I have mates who don’t even own PS4s let alone PS5 who always ask “is the latest FIFA the same game again?” Yes , yes it is.

mill get it as well because sun a huge football fan and have been suckered in by their marketing and flashy new animations.

the core problem with FIFA is and will always be the physics of the Frostbite engine , there is no inertia and the ball doesn’t move like a real ball whatsoever.
I just hope that this free2play PES/efootball is finally gonna be good. I was always a PES fan but atrocious online made me stop playing it. Now they went for Unreal engine, should be a bit better.

Kokoloko85

Aell

Fifa is always selling like hot cakes, no matter what.
Thats why EA doesnt change it; they dont need to worl on it because dummies just buy it.

I wish they would put some more effort with all the money they make on it

Portugeezer

I agree but... my mates are probably gonna buy it so I will too. I always try tell them otherwise but this is a way of life for some of them....

Kokoloko85

I agree but... my mates are probably gonna buy it so I will too. I always try tell them otherwise but this is a way of life for some of them....
Same here. They always buy it regardless. I just wish it was better and it definitely could be. Even the commentating is lazy

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Live out your football dreams in FIFA 22 Career Mode as you create a club and manage them from relegation candidates to global giants, and enjoy an overhauled Player Career experience that gives you more ways to progress, achieve, and immerse yourself in your Pro’s journey through the game.

FIFA 22 releases October 1, 2021.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The FIFA franchise has been in a rut for some time now. Over the last few years, each new game has felt more stale than the last, and fans have generally been disappointed with how little the series has progressed., especially in some key areas like the Career Mode.

With FIFA 22, however, it's looking like EA Sports is actually making what are looking like major changes that could potentially shake things up in a meaningful way. Ahead of the game's upcoming launch, here, we're going to talk about some key details about FIFA 22 that you should know.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Honestly I've only played fifa 21 ever on a whim and as a mega casual I enjoyed it.

Seeing all these new changes to me seems super cool.

I will pick this up for sure.

Aell

Bro, people will buy the latest Fifa because it's Fifa. The brand name, official licenses and ease of access is what draws in people. The actual gameplay takes a back seat to the above. Its why this franchise will continue to coast while raking in $$$. The developers don't give a flying fuck about actually developing the gameplay any further. Each year and each new iteration we get these buzzwords to sell you on the game but each time it plays the same. I picked up Fifa 21 just last week to try it out on GamePass and fucking hell, it's like I'm playing Fifa 18 or 19 (Fifa 19 being the last one i actually bought and which I still own but don't play at all). There's fuckall difference in how it plays. It's just flashier graphics with the same BS animations, ball physics etc.

There's a reason why PES doesn't do so well and it's because it takes hundreds of hours to master it. It's not meant to be an easy pick up and play title like Fifa. It's also reason why PES is considered a better football game by a big margin because it is closest to simulation of the real game.

Last edited:

I've said this for years. Friends of mine who still play Fifa are now growing tired of the same shit each year and have moved over to PES.
Its over for EA if PES gets the same licenses.

Majukun

I get the game for free so i'm gonna play it, but i'm not necessarely excited about this year installment, especially because apparently all the big improvements ae going to next gen

I continue to believe there is no publisher capable of making a better football game than the FIFA games as the team's EA already has on it. The gameplay of FIFA is incredible and keeps improving, yet so many people continue to sleep on it because it's popular to hate it because it's EA. FIFA ain't the shitty mess that Madden is.

MadPanda

Banned
I continue to believe there is no publisher capable of making a better football game than the FIFA games as the team's EA already has on it. The gameplay of FIFA is incredible and keeps improving, yet so many people continue to sleep on it because it's popular to hate it because it's EA. FIFA ain't the shitty mess that Madden is.

I wouldn't call fifas gameplay to be incredible but maybe that's just me. It plays nothing like real football and it's a very limited game. I've been playing it since fifa 14 and over the years certain issues became so apparent that they annoy me so much now. I've berely put 20 hours in fifa 21 because of them. I wish it weren't so scripted and robotic.

TrebleShot

Almost spat my coffee out , gameplay is incredible!?

I won’t go into a detailed rant but the game is a horrible mess to play. I’ve been playing the Beta and unfortunately it’s probably worse than ever.

GinSama

There’s some nice animations… but still the footplating looks really bad. They really need to improve on that.

Really wish They revamp the ball physics…
As well a full rebuilt of Carter mode….

Connxtion

Looks the same as 21, floaty players, scripted to hell gameplay.

Threw ball, player running for it decides to just stop or slow to a crawl 🤷‍♂️ ball going through legs or feet so the AI get it and the worst, keepers saving a shot with the power of there mind (hand doesn’t touch the ball at all)

It’s the same crap different year 😔 lucky for EA access so I can give it a whirl before release.

But if you want football on a console PES and FIFA ain’t it 😭 really with FIFA didn’t have a grip of all the bloody licenses.

Miss the good old days of “This is football” and classic PES and all the mad arcade football games.

GinSama

Looks the same as 21, floaty players, scripted to hell gameplay.

Threw ball, player running for it decides to just stop or slow to a crawl 🤷‍♂️ ball going through legs or feet so the AI get it and the worst, keepers saving a shot with the power of there mind (hand doesn’t touch the ball at all)

It’s the same crap different year 😔 lucky for EA access so I can give it a whirl before release.

But if you want football on a console PES and FIFA ain’t it 😭 really with FIFA didn’t have a grip of all the bloody licenses.

Miss the good old days of “This is football” and classic PES and all the mad arcade football games.
I miss the days of old pes and football kindgom (the greatest football game in my opinion).

this is football only played the 2003 version.

betrayal

Banned
Can't wait to see another game that looks and feels exactly like FIFA18, FIFA19, FIFA20, FIFA21 but with new text fields on some textures.

I disagree. Technically they are superb however at its core I don’t believe they have ever beaten the PS2/OG Xbox era of Pro Evolution Soccer in terms of gameplay.

Their faces in FIFA never look right either

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Was gonna pc and saw it doesn't grt the next gen update stuff so I'm salty about that.

Going to get stadia just for this game and far cry 6 lol.
HA HA HA i knew many people (switch players, high end PC owners for instance) wouldn't buy a PS5 just for next gen Fifa 22... But the Stadia version.

On the other hand, many PS5 owners won't buy a RTX 3080 just for Humankind. They'll pass or try the GFN or Stadia version.

See, people... There is a room for cloud gaming 🤪

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
HA HA HA i knew many people (switch players, high end PC owners for instance) wouldn't buy a PS5 just for next gen Fifa 22... But the Stadia version.

On the other hand, many PS5 owners won't buy a RTX 3080 just for Humankind. They'll pass or try the GFN or Stadia version.

See, people... There is a room for cloud gaming 🤪

If I could secure a ps5 for retail I'd go that route.

My pc is a rtx 2080.

I'm basically forced because EA made the cunt choice to not make the pc version the same as ps5/xsex/stadia.

Which is moronic since stadia is a pc somewhere running the game, isn't it ? EA are backwards bat shit liars. Odds are they didn't want to invest the resources into the pc version so they stripped it down to collect cash.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
If I could secure a ps5 for retail I'd go that route.

My pc is a rtx 2080.

I'm basically forced because EA made the cunt choice to not make the pc version the same as ps5/xsex/stadia.

Which is moronic since stadia is a pc somewhere running the game, isn't it ? EA are backwards bat shit liars. Odds are they didn't want to invest the resources into the pc version so they stripped it down to collect cash.
Oh i see. GPU shortage(PS5) is the main reason for you...

It will continue for years which is still good for cloud gamers 🤑

jose4gg

Ok, so I went the past month from FIFA 16 TO 21 and the changes are noticeable, the animations here especially the goalkeepers' ones look very refreshing. Hopefully one day, they will add raytracing to trophies. They are in the right path.

Top Bottom