• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February SNES and NES Game update to NSO 2/17

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
bd10p.gif

Pathetic. You would think they were releasing 15 games a month to get to these titles within a couple years.

Whatever the compensation model Nintendo offers to third parties to get their games on here is obviously not worth it.

At the very least give publishers the option of selling their retro games for use on the app. Or give people a tiered sub, I'll gladly pay twice as much if it means we get some quality third party releases on this thing. They've had these apps for a couple years now and while there's plenty of classics (mostly Nintendo published) the omissions are just mind boggling at this point.

No GB, GBA, N64, Wii or GameCube at all is also just plain silly.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
i really don't understand their pacing with these releases

switch is gonna be a distant memory by the time they get around to GBA and n64

LordCBH

The switch from Virtual Console to free games every month seemed like a good idea but man they are just drip feeding these in the worst way.

The exact same way they liked to dripfeed VC games. Almost a 90% chance that next gen will be the exact same, cause I somehow doubt they’ll just graciously carry over the NES/SNES library instead of starting over. Cause Nintendo.

This is pathetic!!! Whats sad is there are 100s of amazing third party NES and Snes games they could add. The fact that I bought the genesis collection for $10 on switch gave me more games than the nes / snes combined.

They need to add 3rd party (although some 3rd party games i loved back then were made by companies that were making their own carts, ala tengen with toobin, tetris and gauntlet). Where is games like rygar or Wizards and Warriors, iron sword, or anything by acclaim? Where are the ultra and konami games, or the old school D&D ports of pools of raidence and eye of the beholder?

Where is the TG16, Master System, GBA, emulators? So many good games on those, or ds.
Why is nintendo so lazy with this sort of thing?

MacReady13

Where the hell are the lucasarts games? Capcom fighters? And for fucks sake let me purchase these games outright so I can play them offline! FUCK!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The japanese get Shin Megami Tensei II and Mario's Picross, far cooler than what we get imo.

Top Bottom