• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite "bad" game?

SeraphJan

Wrong again, because at least everyone else was able to share their own take on it and provide some actual examples, while you're sitting here trying to decipher its meaning.

You really sound like the kind of person who'd be into interpreting poetry. I fucking hate that shit.

steve-martin-have-a-point.gif
I don't see what is your problem exactly, are you getting angry over someone who doesn't agree with your premise? If you look at our past comment, you are the one who is writing an essay trying to deconstruct a simple statement from me.

Nobody is deciphering anything, I had already stated my perspective, you are welcome to agree to disagree, you don't need to play the "everyone but your card". Like I said, it was nothing personal, you are overreacting.

BTW You will be the one trying to interpreting poetry if you think there are objectivity in art criticism.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I don't see what is your problem exactly, are you getting angry over someone who doesn't agree with your premise? If you look at our past comment, you are the one who is writing an essay trying to deconstruct a simple statement from me.

Nobody is deciphering anything, I had already stated my perspective, you are welcome to agree to disagree, you don't need to play the "everyone but your card". Like I said, it was nothing personal, you are overreacting.

BTW You will be the one trying to interpreting poetry if you think there are objectivity in art criticism.
I'm not even sure what is even the point of discussing this when it wasn't even the original point of the premise. All I'd like to hear about are the games you think were great despite receiving mixed reviews from the mainstream. I get that there is a certain level of subjectivity to criticism, even though I also think that there are objective things to consider as well, but it wasn't my intention to have a debate on the topic when I originally made this thread.

SeraphJan

I'm not even sure what is even the point of discussing this when it wasn't even the original point of the premise. All I'd like to hear about are the games you think were great despite receiving mixed reviews from the mainstream. I get that there is a certain level of subjectivity to criticism, even though I also think that there are objective things to consider as well, but it wasn't my intention to have a debate on the topic when I originally made this thread.
Neither am I, like I've said, my original comment was not directed against you, I was express my feeling towards this topic.

Which I don't have "guilty pleasure" as you would call it (Which I also stated my reason). However I do tend to think many games and movie are great even if the critic says otherwise. Star Wars Prequel is an example

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Neither am I, like I've said, my original comment was not directed against you, I was express my feeling towards this topic.

Which I don't have "guilty pleasure" as you would call it (Which I also stated my reason). However I do tend to think many games and movie are great even if the critic says otherwise. Star Wars Prequel is an example
Do you have any idea how pretentious this sounds, lol.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Pretentious in a sense I think SW prequel are great? Or in a sense that I prefer to enjoy works on my own term by not feeling guilty about it?
In a way where you're abstaining from answering because apparently you're above such petty things like judging a video game.

Like, nobody cares, dude. I even acknowledged this in the very first sentence of the OP already. You're not special for standing on your ivory tower and thinking that you know better than everyone else.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I guess my most recent "bad" game is Redfall. I'm actually having fun with it and will probably have put in quite a few hours by the time I'm finished.

The most hours I've put into a "bad" game would probably be that janky God Father game on OG Xbox.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I guess my most recent "bad" game is Redfall. I'm actually having fun with it and will probably have put in quite a few hours by the time I'm finished.

The most hours I've put into a "bad" game would probably be that janky God Father game on OG Xbox.
I'm honestly tempted to resubscribe to gamepass in order to check it out and see what all the fuss is about. But then I guess I would feel bad about myself for supporting bad live service games, lol.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

In a way where you're abstaining from answering because apparently you're above such petty things like judging a video game.

Like, nobody cares, dude. I even acknowledged this in the very first sentence of the OP already. You're not special for standing on your ivory tower and thinking that you know better than everyone else.
Here is your problem, you are trying to make it personal with your ad hominem attitude and false presumption, even when I clearly told you you are welcome to agree to disagree, even my original comment was never directed against you. For someone assume other people standing on ivory tower, it seems your ego cannot withstand someone who do not share your perspective.

You claim that statement was pretentious, yet you resort to strawman with your imagination when I asked you which part of that was pretentious. If you want to play the "nobody care" card, show it don't tell it, its ironical coming from someone chasing after me for an entire page. Reply if you care don't reply if you don't care, how hard is that?

Last edited:

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
Winback PS2. It's like if time crisis were a third person cover based pop out shooter without a time limit. Shitty story and terrible voice acting just made it more endearing to me.

qTXzLng.jpg

MathUser1

Neo Member
My favorite bad game is Sonic the hedgehog 1 on gameboy advance. Kinda nice that it plays way different than other ports. A kinda new experience.

AndrewRyan

Command and Destroy on the NDS. Game reviewed in the 50s and admittedly wasn't the best but there weren't many RTS to choose from so it was kind of fun considering you could take it anywhere and made good use of the stylus.

AndrewRyan

Adding Contra Rogue Corps to the list of bad games I enjoy. Has sluggish controls and only level checkpoints. However like the weapon variety/mod system and it's a fun twin-stick/shmup with over-the-top action sequences. Great for short sessions on the steam deck and actually bought it first on switch.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it's my favorite but one game that everybody considers bad (rightfully so due to the technical issues) that I like is Gollum.

Fix the technical issues and there's a good game there in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz
Tales of Arise is like The Room of JRPG stories imo. I have a kind of affection for it but I also hate it because it's so miserable to play... it just made me laugh a lot and still does whenever I think about it

Sonic 2006 is a fun game. It's busted in a lot of ways but I enjoy playing through it. Project 06 helps but even the base game is like a slightly fucked Sonic Adventure 3

Paris-Dakar Rally Special owns. I love it and my life goal is to embody its creators, to make something insane that is both my dream game and also a practical joke.

Top Bottom