• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 to get "a highly requested feature for next-gen consoles" as part of the 5th anniversary

Valt7786

Might have to play through it again if its a 4k/60 patch. Far Crys are my guilty pleasure games and 5 is easily my favourite, despite the forced story mission parts. Loved the setting and most of the characters and that they actually went through with a "bad ending" with Seed actually being right just with dickhead behaviour about it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I played this game at least twice all the way through including the DLC. I don't think I can do it again but 4k 60fps would be nice if I ever change my mind. They recently fixed Assassins Creed Syndicate for the ps5 and I would be more inclined to play that again since enough time has passed.
I heard they fixed the graphical issues, but did that ever get updated to 60fps? I would absolutely go through that again if so. Unity (no 60 fps 😞) and Syndicate are my favorites.

I would say you're crazy but I'm going through it on PC right now it's SO MUCH FUN! I don't care what anyone says but it feels so good to shoot someone and not have a freaking life bar determine my skill level, I started to understand why the original Mass Effect got rid of this for 2 and 3
Well a man can wait when there's just so much other games to play and a couple of kids :)

MikeM

FPS patch (with vrr unlock option) and Dualsense implementation.

Fun Yes GIF by Lilly Singh

Last edited:
I heard they fixed the graphical issues, but did that ever get updated to 60fps? I would absolutely go through that again if so. Unity (no 60 fps 😞) and Syndicate are my favorites.
I like those two the best as well. I think they have the best "realized" cities. We could get a remastered classic collection down the road like the Ezio stuff. (Yes, they have been okay with the free 60fps updates on some new-ish games, but don't know how far they will go back without charging some money for the effort.)

Or...supposedly the new games coming out are going to be built around some kind of Assassin's Creed portal that lets you go into different worlds/time periods. Maybe there will be a place for these older games to fit?

The Stig

people shouldnt dump on this game so much.

the abduction missions were awful, yes. and the endings were both utterly hateful. but a fair amount of the stuff in between those abominations was pretty fun.

I think 4 was my fave though

oji-san

Banned

Kuranghi

Proper framepacing?

There is no fucking way in hell this will run at native 4K 60fps on any current console.

There are things I liked better in 3 and 4, but 5 is my overall favourite because I liked the open world exploration and how you could ignore the story missions and while I hated that it would just force me to do them at certain points it did kinda make the progression better because then I wasn't like oh should I do the story mission I don't want to do now so I can open up more of the stuff I want to do? Theres a better way but I rarely actually hated it unless it interrupted something that I couldn't get back into quickly.

I really liked the music, the side quests were pretty fun, you could fly properly after 4's minichopper (was height limited in weird ways), the finding magazines to get skill points was more fun than just pure XP bar since the reward for exploration was progression in a more physical way than just numbers. It was brainless fun, stupid funny shit happened even more than even 4 which was nuts, I can see how people dislike that constant engagement though.

The series desperately needs a shakeup though, I didn't bother with 6 after seeing previews and New Dawn being a live service trash fire.

norm9

Maybe its because I only have a 1080p tv, but I could tell zero graphical difference between regular and FPS boost.

FC5 would've been quite amazing if it didn't force-feed combat down your throat literally 50 feet in every direction you go. No matter where you are, no matter what you do, the game will spawn an enemy randomly in front of you every x feet you traverse.

Once you notice the pattern it becomes extremely obnoxious.

They did the exact same thing in Ghost Recon Breakpoint. You can almost literally see the spawn radius appearing around you.
I feel like this type of design is just Ubisoft open world games 101. They've been like this since Far Cry 2 as far as I remember. At this point you either love it or hate it.

Kilau

That's a pretty stark resolution difference between PS5 and SX.

Seems more like an enhanced BC patch than a native new-gen version with differences like that.

Ah well, will check it out, hopefully the update is applicable to the version on Game Pass.
Yes it’s still a PS4 game, not a PS5 version so it’s enhanced BC.

Gambit2483

Might have to play through it again if its a 4k/60 patch. Far Crys are my guilty pleasure games and 5 is easily my favourite, despite the forced story mission parts. Loved the setting and most of the characters and that they actually went through with a "bad ending" with Seed actually being right just with dickhead behaviour about it.

Far Cry Arcade was probably one of their best new features/ideas they've had for this franchise in years. Some of those maps/scenarios were pretty well done.

If they can get 4k/60 running I'll probably jump back in to mess around a bit.

MikeM

I know its “only” 1628p on PS5 but it still looks really good. Debating on whether to drop my PC progress and playthrough on PS5.

oji-san

Banned
1620p should still look great, hell The Last of Us part 2 is native 1440p and is one of the best looking games i've ever played.
I think that's a good job from Ubisoft.. yeah it's easy to joke around and say who wants it, but some people do, i would very much would be happy for some games to get a 60fps patch, game like The Last Guardian.. is only available at 60fps if you play the unpatched disc version.

Top Bottom