• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu's 2023 GOTY

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
53a0cc5ddc83aa5dd81b2991b9ab80b6.gif

Doom85

2. Final Fantasy XVI

cFHm8td.gif

Come on, Famitsu, really? Christ, I don’t even give a shit about Armored Core 6, but would place it above this disappointment. Why would you-

……oh. Well, that explains it. Guess they just easily go nuts for a new FF without thinking about the quality much. Christ, as someone who likes XIII, it has no business being ranked that high. Famitsu, for fucks’ sake:

Snap Out Of It Gordon Ramsay GIF by BBC

Last edited:

phant0m

RE4 no where to be seen. That game made zero impact unlike the original.

L.

Weird, right? The remake is the better game.

Remakes have no place in any GOTY list imo. I appreciate them as much as the next guy but they don’t belong in the same conversation as new original titles.

Dead Space, Metroid Prime and RE4 were all fantastic remakes this year, but at some point people do get tired of playing the same shit. I mean jfc, RE4 has had unique releases (not just BC) on 9 different systems?

Doom85

I don't think BG3 has a Japanese localisation.

Until Larian confirmed they’d be doing a physical release, it was actually Japan who was the only offering a physical version, though some of the nudity was edited out of that version from what I heard.

YukiOnna

Good list to me since it's closer to my tastes and includes ACVI. Also, Suika Game is pretty addicting if you try it out, but Maybe I wouldn't put it that high though

Sakura

Until Larian confirmed they’d be doing a physical release, it was actually Japan who was the only offering a physical version, though some of the nudity was edited out of that version from what I heard.
Yeah I guess they finally got a Japanese release, but it only came out a few days ago, so it would make sense it's not on the list.
Not sure if PC received a Japanese localisation or not yet, I know people had to use mods to play the game in MTL Japanese.

Suika Game? What a rediculous choice for a top game of the year. I have the game- it's a simple little nothing of a game. Yeah it's relaxing and addicting but this is so stupid to include and tells me Famitsu can't be taken seriously.

Last edited:
Top Bottom