• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu 05th Aug

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
wow, I guess MH3Tri is indeed a 40. I wonder if that will have any effect on sales, or did everyone in Japan want to buy it anyway?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
xfactor said:
Both...

There're scans of Idol Master DS , FF XIV, while the rest of the titles i got it from the Index pg scan
There's new info on Samuari Warriors 3 as well, honestly I was convinced they'd pull a Nintendo and reveal the game a week before release and expect it to sell. :lol

jman2050

icecream said:
Sweet Break Girls
2uqocxj.jpg

Seriously?

Tenbatsu

Danthrax said:
wow, I guess MH3Tri is indeed a 40. I wonder if that will have any effect on sales, or did everyone in Japan want to buy it anyway?
Some shops reported total sell out of Console bundle and special pack.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Tenbatsu said:
Danthrax said:
Some shops reported total sell out of Console bundle and special pack.

the latter, then. :lol

xfactor

Banned
Perfect scores from wiki

Only eleven games so far have received perfect scores. They are listed in chronological order:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)
2. Soulcalibur (1999, Namco, for Dreamcast)
3. Vagrant Story (2000, Square Co., Ltd., for PlayStation)
4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003, Nintendo for Nintendo GameCube)
5. Nintendogs (2005, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)
6. Final Fantasy XII (2006, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)
7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008, Nintendo, for Wii)
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, Konami, for PlayStation 3)
9. 428: Fūsasareta Shibuya de (2008, Sega, for Wii)
10. Dragon Quest IX (2009, Square Enix, for Nintendo DS)
11. Monster Hunter Tri (2009, Capcom, for Wii)

Alex

Weapon growth... it's such a simple concept for an RPG, yet no really good MMO has even bothered. :lol Hopefully it adds a little more meaning to indivdual weapons and adds a personal touch.

The FFXIV pics are great looking, enjoy the look of the Lalafell and holy shit, armor that looks like armor and not the hot orange, flaming skull deviant art shit I've been used to for the past few years. Glow in the dark stealth classes that sparkle with thunder. Genius.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
xfactor said:
Perfect scores from wiki

Only eleven games so far have received perfect scores. They are listed in chronological order:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)
2. Soulcalibur (1999, Namco, for Dreamcast)
3. Vagrant Story (2000, Square Co., Ltd., for PlayStation)
4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003, Nintendo for Nintendo GameCube)
5. Nintendogs (2005, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)
6. Final Fantasy XII (2006, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)
7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008, Nintendo, for Wii)
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, Konami, for PlayStation 3)
9. 428: Fūsasareta Shibuya de (2008, Sega, for Wii)
10. Dragon Quest IX (2009, Square Enix, for Nintendo DS)
11. Monster Hunter Tri (2009, Capcom, for Wii)

I forgot Famitsu gave MGS4 a 40.

thefro

Regulus Tera said:
So this is the third perfect score for a Wii game, and the fourth fifth this generation.

The sixth...

Nintendogs, DQ IX, MH Tri, Brawl, MGS4, and that 428 game from Sega

jiji said:
If it's related to the PS1 and PS2 games by From, I'm gonna lose bladder control.
Hey I wonder if thats it. Never played them since I don't believe they have translations (maybe fan ones?). PS2 one is a remake right?

MvmntInGrn said:
Hey I wonder if thats it. Never played them since I don't believe they have translations (maybe fan ones?). PS2 one is a remake right?
The first one was released in the US, but the second wasn't. Second game is a true sequel, and a good one at that.

Shadowlink said:
Searched on Google. Those games were First Person RPG games, sort of like Oblivion, right?
They're much more dungeon crawlers than Oblivion, but yeah, they're first person RPGs with realtime combat. The first one is pure fantasy, and the second has scifi elements and modern weapons thrown into the mix. The first one got awful reviews in US magazines, but I like it.

jiji said:
They're much more dungeon crawlers than Oblivion, but yeah, they're first person RPGs with realtime combat. The first one is pure fantasy, and the second has scifi elements and modern weapons thrown into the mix. The first one got awful reviews in US magazines, but I like it.
I'm hoping it's a different game because I don't really like dungeon crawlers.

jiji said:

so, it's King's Field?

jiji said:
Gladiator Begins for PSP looks hot. Gonna buy it SO HARD

And I hope it finds a home with the MH audience.
Man, your posts on namakoteam sold me on the original. I'm also looking forward to the PSP game.

So is it Tower of Shadow or Shadow Tower? I pray it's Shadow Tower. I wouldn't even mind if it's a port of Abyss since we never got it in English. That still stings. :(

Rummy Bunnz said:
Man, your posts on namakoteam sold me on the original. I'm also looking forward to the PSP game.

So is it Tower of Shadow or Shadow Tower? I pray it's Shadow Tower. I wouldn't even mind if it's a port of Abyss since we never got it in English. That still stings. :(
It's 影の塔 / Kage no Tou / Tower of Shadow in Japanese, which makes me wonder if it's the same series and just a reboot with a cute retitling. It could be totally unrelated, though.

Oooh that's good. C'mon Shadow Tower. That's one game I don't mind being on a lesser powered console as I think the shitty graphics were one of the original game's strengths. The junky, busted look made it creepier! I wouldn't want it to be all slick and HD.

amodf

i like shadow tower abyss a lot. best first 10 minutes of any game i can remember.

bug world was kinda exactly the opposite of what was good about those first 10 minutes tho.

i would like a new one very much.

Top Bottom